Nobody to Blame But Ourselves

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 Colorado'sdiehardwingsfan

Colorado'sdiehardwingsfan

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

I honestly am at a loss for words here. I have been a Wings fan for as long as I can remember and that was some of the worst 5 minutes of hockey I have seen the Wings play Ever. I have to hand it to Zetterberg though he looks like the only one who showed up tonight.

#42 KLMc828

KLMc828

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."€Malcolm S. Forbes

Its not over yet we still have three more games to be played if needed. We can win just breather, last year the pens won two games.

Edited by KLMc828, 04 June 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#43 TCbrizz

TCbrizz

Helmtastic

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

the wings will not lose four in a row to this team. period. just not possible.

#44 shannyfan1414

shannyfan1414

We will miss you Shanny!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (NEpats1028 @ June 4, 2009 - 11:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as i'd love to blame this one on the officiating of the NHL, we simply have to look in the mirror and admit the facts: Pittsburgh won this game by outplaying us and winning the small battles. Say what you want about the Sidney Crosby suckfest going on in Bettman's office, but the Wings just didn't have it tonight. Ozzie was amazing tonight, and the offense just wasn't there, and hasn't been there since Pavel went down.

So besides the obvious (PK, injuries), what can the Wings do to keep up with the Penguins when we go back there for Game 6? They are a whole different team at the Mellon. And lets hope we can find our stuff on Saturday! GO WINGS!

You hit the nail right on the head sir.

Still no panic from me yet. I know our boys can play better at the Joe and Babs can get the match ups he wants. Hopefully Dats will be back on Saturday and that will help get some life back into our D. It also won't hurt to be able to have him to help with Malkin and or Crosby.

All is good no body freak out.

Oh yeah, Crosby still sucks and is a cry baby!!! Sorry i couldn't help myself.

Go Wings!!!!!

Thanks TeeMan

#45 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Hito @ June 4, 2009 - 11:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what I feared after watching the first two games. The Wings look tired out there, and it's leading to mistakes. The only reason we aren't out in 4 is because Ozzie stood on his head and Fleury played like crap for 2 games. They aren't winning the battles and are making lazy passes, resulting in too many golden opportunities for the Pens. In the ffensive zone, they have looked disorganized and unable to really get going for more than the occasional short strech of game. Playing 20-30 minutes a night just isn't going to cut it.

I see us dropping game 5 much as these last two, game six will be a toss up as we will have had 2 days of rest going into it. On their home ice, smelling blood, and hungry after last year I don't like our chances. Being worn down by the Ducks and losing Dats is looking like just too big of a hurdle to overcome.

Unless Ozzie puts in a tremendous performance for a couple of games (maybe), or our offense suddenly takes off (unlikely), or the Pens suddenly choke (more unlikely), it's looking to me like the Pens in 6. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can take it to a winner take all game seven, but I just don't see the wings, as they have played this series, pulling this out. Still a good run (although I feel sorry for Hossa).

Prove me wrong boys.

LOL, nice read but don't be sorry for Hosman with his play he does not deserve so far to hold even Datsyuk's bottle of beer, forget about the cup.
I need to start watching some bowling or pool may be I can't watch this team any more, two words: OVERPAYED OVERRATED.

#46 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (KLMc828 @ June 4, 2009 - 11:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."��Malcolm S. Forbes

Its not over yet we still have three more games to be played if needed. We can win just breather, last year the pens won two games.

AMEN Brother!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#47 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

One more thing, HUDLER SUCKS biiiiig time trade MF.
Men I don't know what to say I would be OK may be losing to Chicago or any body else not to s***SBURG I cant stand this team

#48 pirateasaurus

pirateasaurus

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

Actually i think this place is way more calm and collected than i have witnessed in the past and expected tonight.

EDIT: Except for Redwashington. That guy's been thrown into a fit of rage rarely seen on the internet.

Edited by pirateasaurus, 04 June 2009 - 11:15 PM.

#49 Hito

Hito

Rookie

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (redwashington2000 @ June 4, 2009 - 11:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, nice read but don't be sorry for Hosman with his play he does not deserve so far to hold even Datsyuk's bottle of beer, forget about the cup.
I need to start watching some bowling or pool may be I can't watch this team any more, two words: OVERPAYED OVERRATED.

Heh, I agree about Hossa needing to up his game. But we need to face reality, Hossa is not a #1 "carry the team" player. But how crushing would it be to be on the losing side of the SCF two years running on seperate teams?

But at the same time he isn't the only one that needs to up his game.

We aren't out, but we've dug ourselves a nice little hole.

#50 Colorado'sdiehardwingsfan

Colorado'sdiehardwingsfan

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

Honestly Mike Babkok and Lidstrom need to light a fire under the Defense's ass. They were pathetic tonight and they left Osgood out to Hang! Im not gonna beat around the bush, that defense has been playing like crap all year. I dont know how many times they have blown leads this year especially in the third period. Then there was the passing if any existed at all. Im starting to really miss the russian 5 because tonight was just one big cluster f%*!@. They have the experience, depth, and the skill and there is no reason they cant blow the penguins out of these next two games. They better pull it together and get their heads back in this series because tonight was a joke and there is too much talent on this team to let something like tonights atrocity keep them from being the undisputed best in the league

Edited by Colorado'sdiehardwingsfan, 04 June 2009 - 11:23 PM.

#51 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (lilja4mvp @ June 4, 2009 - 10:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the difference in this series:

pens: 4 PP goals, 1 SH goal

wings: 1 PP goal

pathetic. wings are done.

Sorry, but you or I don't know jacks*** until they play the rest of the games, DO we?

I for one agree with all the posts I've read so far here. The Wings did not look tonight and the Pens outplayed them through most of it.

I for one will also say I hope they come back Saturday mentally and physically refreshed and beat the crap out of the Pens and shut up "fans" like you.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#52 scotzman

scotzman

Ramblin' Scotzman

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Hito @ June 5, 2009 - 12:09AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh, I agree about Hossa needing to up his game. But we need to face reality, Hossa is not a #1 "carry the team" player. But how crushing would it be to be on the losing side of the SCF two years running on seperate teams?

But at the same time he isn't the only one that needs to up his game.

We aren't out, but we've dug ourselves a nice little hole.

Hossa really needs to step up though... we brought him to the promise land and he is laying a big dumper out there.

I really think that we saw the worst game of the playoffs for the Wings so far. Hopefully it's a serious wake up call. The Pens just out hit, out hustled and out played the Wings tonight.

There are a few guys out there really working - even Hossa (maybe trying a little too hard) - but we need a full team effort for 60 minutes.

Rafalski has sucked hard by the way... he is the giveaway king this series. Sorry had to say it.

Red Wing Fan since 1976

#53 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (redwashington2000 @ June 4, 2009 - 11:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gee, I don't recognize your name.

Hmmm...does this mean you only show up at times like this? And might that also mean that that's how much credibility we can give your opinions?

I'm thinkin' yeah.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#54 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

I blame the Sharks for our current play. If they had not choked and taken out the ducks liked they should have, we would not have come of that series beat up and a little worn down.
Then we had to face a good fast Hawks team and with injuries it took even more energy out of the team.

The one thing I feared about the playoffs was playing the Ducks, because of the physical toll it would take on the team. Now that they are in the finals, it seems like all of their drive, desire, and energy is gone. The team needs to dig down deep and get a take no prisoners attitude if they are going to repeat.

Lidstrom needs to have a players only meeting and ask his teammates if they want to win the Cup again, and if they are willing to do what it takes.

The team really needs Pavel back. It is a shame that he got hurt, because I think this series would be much different if he were healthy. Poor Hank is being worn out and no one on the Wings is stepping up their game in this series to help him out.

#55 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

Bandwagon's full. Please catch another!

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:30 PM

The D was atrocious tonight, just pathetic and our special teams were a nightmare. A short handed goal?? Seriously? Heavens... What did I miss? Why was Abdelkader out and Draper in? WHY is Leino still in? Who was that guy that guy pretending to be Kronwall? If we're going to be turning the puck over like that why even bother suiting up? thumbdown.gif

Edited by Rocket Queen 30, 04 June 2009 - 11:34 PM.

#56 scotzman

scotzman

Ramblin' Scotzman

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (LidsFan @ June 5, 2009 - 12:26AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lidstrom needs to have a players only meeting and ask his teammates if they want to win the Cup again, and if they are willing to do what it takes.

The team really needs Pavel back. It is a shame that he got hurt, because I think this series would be much different if he were healthy. Poor Hank is being worn out and no one on the Wings is stepping up their game in this series to help him out.

Agreed.

This is the time when Stevie would've said what needed to be said in that room. I believe Lids has the same sway and respect... something needs to be said after this game. They will probably come out like gang busters on Saturday.

Wings will win this series. They have the talent and the drive, they just need to buckle down and play Red Wing hockey.

Red Wing Fan since 1976

#57 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

Bandwagon's full. Please catch another!

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (LidsFan @ June 4, 2009 - 11:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I blame the Sharks for our current play. If they had not choked and taken out the ducks liked they should have, we would not have come of that series beat up and a little worn down.
Then we had to face a good fast Hawks team and with injuries it took even more energy out of the team.

The one thing I feared about the playoffs was playing the Ducks, because of the physical toll it would take on the team. Now that they are in the finals, it seems like all of their drive, desire, and energy is gone. The team needs to dig down deep and get a take no prisoners attitude if they are going to repeat.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the sharks or the ducks. This has to do with a team that needs to decide whether or not they have any pride at all in what they've done this year. San Jose and Anaheim are LONG gone and they've already proven they can beat this Penguins team without Datsyuk. They just need to focus and get serious.

#58 Ladsud2002

Ladsud2002

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

Didnt read any of this thread but thats the worst game ive seen the wings play in a long time. Breakaways, 2 on 1s, 3 on 1s. what the f*** is going on with this team?

#59 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Vladifan @ June 5, 2009 - 12:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gee, I don't recognize your name.

Hmmm...does this mean you only show up at times like this? And might that also mean that that's how much credibility we can give your opinions?

I'm thinkin' yeah.

I care less if you know my name or not, I think we watched two diferent games today, To be positive ?? Ok but show some positive staf from todays game the response is NONE. I don't post much, I read what you guys have to say, but today ......... well I'm glad soon everything will be over in one way or another.

#60 Marty Midnight

Marty Midnight

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:35 PM

Red whatever is either really drunk, or not a wings fan.
Don't panic with home ice until you loose it.
The Pens are better than many have given credit for.
Buckle up.

1934, 1941, 1942, 1945,1948, 1949, 1956, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1966 and 1995

2009 here we come!