• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zata20

Crosby Dive

Rate this topic

What about the dive that Osgood took in game 2 when he got bumped by Talbot? Osgood flopped so hard he actually flipped the puck into Detroit's net. I guess you forgot about that one.

I'll be the first to admit that Ozzie embellished the hell out of that and was lucky he didn't get called for diving. That said, it wasn't a "bump" by Talbot - that was a spear, plain and simple.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Wings dive more than any other team in the league. Anybody who watched us play Anaheim can attest to that.

Non issue. Next.

I'll be the first to admit that Ozzie embellished the hell out of that and was lucky he didn't get called for diving. That said, it wasn't a "bump" by Talbot - that was a spear, plain and simple.

Spear, bump. Same thing. I was kind of being sarcastic when I said it was a bump.

The bottom line is that it wasn't hard enough to hurt a fly let alone the reaction it got from Osgood.

Edited by LetsGoPens

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Spear, bump. Same thing. I was kind of being sarcastic when I said it was a bump.

The bottom line is that it wasn't hard enough to hurt a fly let alone the reaction it got from Osgood.

Still, when was the last time you saw a goalie make a save and then a player takes his stick and spears it into the goalie's chest. Even though he did it lightly. Seriously, when was the last time you saw that?

About 15 years ago, had a player done that, he would've gotten the ever living f*** beaten out of him.

It's one thing to spray a goalie or nudge him but I don't think I've ever, ever seen a player just nonchalantly stab a goalie in the chest like that. Not like he was going for a rebound or anything. He was just starting s***. Frankly, it annoyed the hell out of me and made me wish this wasn't the playoffs and that we still had Probert and Kocur.

Bush league play by Talbot. Keep your ******* stick to yourself and don't spear our goaltender for no other reason than to start s***.

Wings dive more than any other team in the league. Anybody who watched us play Anaheim can attest to that.

Non issue. Next.

Yes they do, but the embellishment shown by Crosby was completely over the line. Too bad the Wings didn't score on that play.

the problem i have now with your comments along with other pens fans on here. you are telling us to stop bitching about the calling and such....but what were you guys doing when we won the first 2 games????? seems like i seen a ton of .."the refs screwed us....detroit was lucky......zetta cheats......"....blah blah blah...same ol s*** you are telling us to be quiet about. its not going to happen. not when you have a 6 on 5 for 20+ seconds. you guys would be all up in arms. the refs suck on both sides.

Still, when was the last time you saw a goalie make a save and then a player takes his stick and spears it into the goalie's chest. Even though he did it lightly. Seriously, when was the last time you saw that?

About 15 years ago, had a player done that, he would've gotten the ever living f*** beaten out of him.

It's one thing to spray a goalie or nudge him but I don't think I've ever, ever seen a player just nonchalantly stab a goalie in the chest like that. Not like he was going for a rebound or anything. He was just starting s***. Frankly, it annoyed the hell out of me and made me wish this wasn't the playoffs and that we still had Probert and Kocur.

Bush league play by Talbot. Keep your ******* stick to yourself and don't spear our goaltender for no other reason than to start s***.

He barely touched Osgood. It wouldn't have even left a mark on your uncovered skin. It wasn't like Talbot impaled him and his stick came out the other side.

You are right. A few years ago it would have started a fight. But that proves my point. There was no fight because it was barely a love tap.

What about the dive that Osgood took in game 2 when he got bumped by Talbot? Osgood flopped so hard he actually flipped the puck into Detroit's net. I guess you forgot about that one.

You have a really nice board here but some of you are starting to sound like Flyers fans.

The bottom line is that the Red Wings are so worried about the officials that they have forgotten how to play their game. I was at game 4 last night and at the end of the first period, Babcock was yelling at a linseman the whole time he was crossing the ice to get to the lockerroom. Some of his players were standing in the runway watching him.

The Red Wings need to shut up and start playing their game. If they don't, the cup is coming to Pittsburgh.

He was yelling at the linesman because the face-off drops weren't fair. The Pittsburg centerman never put his stick down and the linesman still dropped the puck and never called it back every time. Also, the first goal by Pitt was scored after a missed offside. I think the yelling actually helped and the face-offs became fair after the first.

I'm not making excuses here, just explaining to you why Babcock was trying to get his attention. The Wings got outplayed, made too many mistakes which Pitt capitalized on. Also Rafalski is slow and at this point (injury or otherwise) is hurting the team, as seen on Staals shorthanded goal.

the problem i have now with your comments along with other pens fans on here. you are telling us to stop bitching about the calling and such....but what were you guys doing when we won the first 2 games????? seems like i seen a ton of .."the refs screwed us....detroit was lucky......zetta cheats......"....blah blah blah...same ol s*** you are telling us to be quiet about. its not going to happen. not when you have a 6 on 5 for 20+ seconds. you guys would be all up in arms. the refs suck on both sides.

That is exactly right, the refs have made bad calls against both teams. The Penguin fans are the same as the Red Wing fans. We both see things the way we want to see them. We both whine about calls that don't go our way. Both sides do it.

By reading this thread, some people make it sound like only Crosby dives, only Penguin fans whine and cry, the Penguins get all of the breaks and good calls.

It goes both ways.

Guest micah
You are right. A few years ago it would have started a fight. But that proves my point. There was no fight because it was barely a love tap.

Love tap or brutal spear, there would be no fight, period, because A) this is the cup Finals and B) the Wings as a whole are soft and both unable and unwilling to stand up for eachother.

Despite the fact that he is only 180 and 5'11, there was no player on the Wings last night that could kick the ass of even a (mostly) non-fighter like Talbot.

Talbot is what every hockey player should be - fearless when it comes to sticking up for your teammates. He isn't a fighter and he's not big, but he has heart. He picked fights with noted fighters Carcillo, Hordichuk (twice) and Tarnasky in response to hits they layed on his teammates. I respect guys who come to their teamates' aid, even when they know it's going to hurt.

That is exactly right, the refs have made bad calls against both teams. The Penguin fans are the same as the Red Wing fans. We both see things the way we want to see them. We both whine about calls that don't go our way. Both sides do it.

By reading this thread, some people make it sound like only Crosby dives, only Penguin fans whine and cry, the Penguins get all of the breaks and good calls.

It goes both ways.

true but again you fans were doing the same thing when you were down 2-0 games...so be careful when you come on here telling wings fans not to whine.

That was a ridiculous dive last night, VS really wanted to find a "vicious" slash by Maltby, but they just couldn't seem to find a camera angle that showed anything near the magnitude that would be required to cause Crosby to fly into the air and then limp off the ice.

Anyone have or find a video of it (youtube)? One of my co-workers didn't see it and doesn't believe me. He's also a Caps fan, likes the Pens and doesn't mind Crosby, so even video evidence will likely not make an impression on the sea anemone he calls a brain.

Hard to complain about much else in the game seeing as how the Red Wings apparently thought it was a schrimage. :thumbdown:

Anyone have or find a video of it (youtube)? One of my co-workers didn't see it and doesn't believe me. He's also a Caps fan, likes the Pens and doesn't mind Crosby, so even video evidence will likely not make an impression on the sea anemone he calls a brain.

Hard to complain about much else in the game seeing as how the Red Wings apparently thought it was a schrimage. :thumbdown:

Could we agree on one thing though, regardless of your opinion of Crosby's reaction?

Fact: Maltby hacked Crosby in the back. Fact: there was no call. So maybe the Pens aren't the only team getting the benefit of the non-calls?

Just an opinion.

What I want to know is, has Malkin always been this much of a dick? When Ovechkin acted like a punk on the ice, Pens fans has a coronary, calling him all sorts of names, claiming he was cheap and a poor sport, etc. Malkin does the same things and he's wonderful, not to mention revered by the NHL. This is the second game that he's went after someone at the end of the game. Doesn't matter if they win or lose evidently. At least going after Cleary last night didn't get him a 2,5, and 10 that the NHL could bail him out of, though.

Could we agree on one thing though, regardless of your opinion of Crosby's reaction?

Fact: Maltby hacked Crosby in the back. Fact: there was no call. So maybe the Pens aren't the only team getting the benefit of the non-calls?

Just an opinion.

A "hack"? That was a lovetap, at best.

And Crosby flopped down like a fish out of water, laid on the ice like he was in agony, then limped to the bench, hobbling the entire way. Wasn't he supposed to have outgrown playing like that?

Just an opinion.

It'd be awesome if you stopped posting here. Crosby has and will continue to be an epic diver.