• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zata20

Crosby Dive

Rate this topic

its funny that you bring up wings fans tsalking about consipiracies. did you happen to check letsgopens.com after game 2....it was nothing but "oh its obvious the league wants det. to win" blah blah blah. so again whatever you say bad about wings fans, pens fans do it just as much.

and at least the wings fans have somewhat of a point, i mean i dont think anyone believes for a second that bettman wants the wings to win over the golden boy. even the guys on ESPN pointed that out.

"thinks" vs. "visual evidence"... which would you trust.

Some people THINK Bettman is all about the Pens winning and will do whatever it takes to make that happen, especially with Crosby. But the VISUAL EVIDENCE shows otherwise. Say what you want about Crosby's reaction, that's not the point -- it's that he WAS sticked in the back, and the refs chose to do nothing about it.

Sure doesn't fit in with the whole Conspiracy Theory huh?

And as for whatever Pens fans are crowing conspiracy, they're just as off base.

I'm confused... you just presented visual evidence of your own player's guilt.

What's to argue now?

actually that looks more like a dive to me in that pic... or a HUGE embellishment

Take note from Cooke's non-called 100% interferrence call on our captain behind osgood... Lids never looked like a sniper got him and that hit was way harder than a love tap to the back of the skate

p.s. in that picture i think the bullet came from the left side of his back.... perhaps it was an inside job on him... definitely the shot was fired from inside the arena where only a few wings fans were allowed in.

Edited by OsGOD

What's there to clap about?

Very dense view of that picture. Well, actually the situation in general.

Edited by thedatsyukian

There was diving all over the place tonight.

To me, this is one of the biggest problems in the league. When did it become a bad thing to call diving? I truly can't remember the last diving penalty that was called. I can't really blame players for diving when they get away with it and sometimes they get a call in their favor. For us, as Wings fans, to complain about other players diving is kind of crazy, though, considering Franzen, Holmstrom, and Matlby dive as much as anyone.

To me, this is one of the biggest problems in the league. When did it become a bad thing to call diving? I truly can't remember the last diving penalty that was called. I can't really blame players for diving when they get away with it and sometimes they get a call in their favor. For us, as Wings fans, to complain about other players diving is kind of crazy, though, considering Franzen, Holmstrom, and Matlby dive as much as anyone.

none of them are captains and or world class superstars.......

Regardless of your opinion of his reaction, don't you think this would have been a prime opportunity for the refs to make a big deal of this, if there really was some kind of "conspiracy"? I mean, the set-up couldn't have been better, player stick whacks the Annointed One himself, with his back turned... right there should have been a game misconduct for Maltby, suspension, banishment to Siberia and a $1,000,000 fine.

But instead... uh, nothing.

Bettman Conspiracy? Not so much.

if the score was tied or we were winning, uh ya, I think so. And if we would've have lost on that insuing 5:00 major for tapping an ass, you better believe the conspiracy hounds would've been out, and rightly so! The ref should've given Luganis a penalty for his mockery of the sport(not that we would've scored on it though.)

Did you ever play hockey? Have you been slashed there? It hurts like a *****

Ya have played for about 20 years. I have been slashed, cup checked, you name it. I go down to the ice when I'm hurt not to put on a scene. Cmon dude, that was a love tap.

What the real point of this thread was to acknowledge that Crosby is the face of the league and as that ,these antics are embarrassing.Ya Franzen, Maltby, and others dive, but casual fans outside Detroit probably have no idea who they are, and they don't care. All casual fans know are Crosby and Ovechkin. When they see these players doing dumb s*** like that they are just going to think hockey is a joke. How the hell is hockey going to grow when the league is portrayed by players looking like babies when they embellish injuries. I'm going to love hockey no matter what, but being a huge hockey fan I want other people to enjoy it as well. Take it or leave, that's just my opinion.

EDIT: If that doesn't make any sense, sorry. I have to go so I was typing really fast.

Edited by zata20

Guest GordieSid&Ted

It's no secret around here that I hate diving. I think it's unsportsmanlike and disrespects the game of hockey and your opponents.

I hate that the Wings do it so much, it drives me crazy.

That said, Crosby is just one of the worst divers I have ever seen.

Watch the 2002 playoffs. Watch Steve Yzerman, literally playing on 1 leg. Stevie's leg was so messed up it makes Gonchar's current woes look like a mere paper cut. Watch those games. Watch Stevie play through pain, falling down and trying desperately to skate on one leg. You don't see him falling over from a "love tap".

This is why, no matter how greatly skilled Sid is (and he is phenomenal) and no matter what he accomplishes, until he stops ******* diving like a little ***** part of me is just going to hate him. And i'm one of his biggest supporters on this board, you all know that. But the diving is where I draw the line.

Great champions. Great sportsmen. They do not insult their opponents or the game of hockey by falling down in an attempt to draw calls. You fall if you can't help it or if you're truly injured, otherwise stay on your goddamned, fuggin' feet!!!!!!!!!!This goes for you too Franzen!

That's the one I remember. That delay was just ridiculous and any respectable ref would have called a dive on that. Did the high stick happen? Yep. Did Kunitz embellish the hell out of it? You betcha.

I agree. I usually think it’s stupid to call a penalty and a dive on the same play. This play was an obvious exception.

The kids dive was just funny.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Who's the best diver you've ever seen?

Without a doubt: Peter Forsberg

honorable mention: Theoren Fleury, Sean Avery and drumroll please.............Johan Franzen :(

honorable mention: Theoren Fleury, Sean Avery and drumroll please.............Johan Franzen :(

No Kariya? Hell, that man actually injured himself diving. I happen to remember him taking a world class one and injuring his wrist in the process.

Ahaha yeah, Foppa for sure. You can even see him in that video pointing out Crosby's dive, of course only the best would know their own game ;)

What's there to clap about?

The saying under the picture which refers to Crosby and it is dead right.

for as bad a slash that was on maltby...how funny was it that he (crosby) never once grabbed his ankle in pain.... he was too busy trying to sell it he forgot what was actually supposed to be touched on him!