• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zata20

Crosby Dive

Rate this topic

Crosby is a great player, but his dives are gettin out of control. I am embarrassed as a hockey fan when the face of the NHL is performing EPIC dives in the Stanley Cup Finals. That was absolutly ridiculous. Maltby barely touched him and he flew forward like he got stabbed in the back. I can respect him for his amazing skill, but I can't respect him when he pulls antics like that. You would never see an Yzerman, Messier, or a Sakic do something like that. :ranting:

BTW, does anybody have a video clip of it?

Edited by zata20

Serioulsy? In this game! Does it even matter?

We were outplayed, if he dived or he didn't it does not make a difference, Pens were the better team in game 4.

move on,

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were outplayed, if he dived or he didn't it does not make a difference, Pens were the better team in game 4.

move on,

Why does it have to be about losing? Chill out. Its about humor.

Just when I was beginning to gain respect for the kid, he always does something to make folks question his character. Too bad its not as incredible as his skill.

move on,

Agreed

A lot of players dive nowadays... even on the Red Wings.

move on,

Did I say it had anything to do with the outcome of the game, NO! THey deserved to lose and there is no blame from me. Regardless, his dive was still pathetic that was the point.

Just when I was beginning to gain respect for the kid, he always does something to make folks question his character. Too bad its not as incredible as his skill.

Ya he was trying to draw the call but what does it matter? I would be outraged if it cost us the game but if it is something that in the end was not a factor (all though it was laughable and showed his true colors).

no worries,

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am embarrassed as a hockey fan when the face of the NHL is performing EPIC dives in the Stanley Cup Finals. That was absolutly ridiculous.

I felt this way too. I thought to myself that i wish that Versus wouldn't show such a replay becuase it makes everything look like a joke. I mean, it wasn't just a little "gamesmanship" going on, it was a ballista bolt to the spine.

Whatever, he will come up short again.

Yeah, he looked like he got shot. Then did the obligatory slow limp to the bench.

Amazingly, he didn't miss a shift!

Boy, is he tough

It is sad, and it was fake, but you cant blame him anymore then wayne... wont change until the league changes it.

Very humorous, I thought he got knocked out, took him like 20 seconds to get up off the ice THEN slowly limp off the ice. I think he was acting for Buttman to see how good hes gotten at it! Great player but that was pretty sad.

Ya I realize many players dive (including some Wings *cough Franzen cough*), but Crosby takes it to a whole new level. He should really get into acting.

I don't even want to mention his name because I'm so tired of hearing it, but kid should really hit some L.A. acting classes over the summer. If you're gonna dive, do it with conviction, not a second or two after getting a little love tap, which by the way was payback for your little one in game 1.

Crosby is a great player, but his dives are gettin out of control. I am embarrassed as a hockey fan when the face of the NHL is performing EPIC dives in the Stanley Cup Finals. That was absolutly ridiculous. Maltby barely touched him and he flew forward like he got stabbed in the back. I can respect him for his amazing skill, but I can't respect him when he pulls antics like that. You would never see an Yzerman, Messier, or a Sakic do something like that. :ranting:

BTW, does anybody have a video clip of it?

I did not believe my eyes. He could just turn out to be another Forsberg. Talented but not real bright when chooses when to dive.

For that reason alone, we need to beat the crap out of him and them.

Very well put. You said it for me too.

There was nothing called on the play, so really what purpose is there in calling it out as a dive?

The only thing we as fans know for sure is the Wings had the puck with only 4 Pens skaters left on their feet and did nothing with it.

I thought it was sad when the announcers talking about how he got slashed and then showed the replay and my family were all wondering where the slash was. Pathetic display from the apparent star player of the league.

Really, because I'm sure many Pens fans thought the Guerin high stick was sad too.. guess that's just fans being fans though.

(Don't let the announcers feed your brain.. having your own objectivity is a good thing)

Edited by Mcquade

I don't even want to mention his name because I'm so tired of hearing it, but kid should really hit some L.A. acting classes over the summer. If you're gonna dive, do it with conviction, not a second or two after getting a little love tap, which by the way was payback for your little one in game 1.

Hey, I'm from Clarkston. :thumbup: I miss the Village Place breakfasts. Doesn't Ken Daniels' son go to Clarkston Middle School?

Hey, I'm from Clarkston. :thumbup: I miss the Village Place breakfasts. Doesn't Ken Daniels' son go to Clarkston Middle School?

I couldn't really tell you. I moved here from Waterford just a year ago, and really don't know much about the school system besides its a pain in the ass to get out of my neighborhood at around 8am and 3pm on weekdays due to being right across the street from the elementary school. Oh and Village place for the win, although I haven't been there in quite some time.

Guest micah

Diving makes you question his honor and character? You must hate Maltby and Franzen.

FWIW, I agree. Divers suck, no matter who they play for.

Edited by micah

All I remember is when Kunitz got hit in the helmet and about a half second later flew back as if his teeth were knocked out.

There was diving all over the place tonight.

What about the dive that Osgood took in game 2 when he got bumped by Talbot? Osgood flopped so hard he actually flipped the puck into Detroit's net. I guess you forgot about that one.

You have a really nice board here but some of you are starting to sound like Flyers fans.

The bottom line is that the Red Wings are so worried about the officials that they have forgotten how to play their game. I was at game 4 last night and at the end of the first period, Babcock was yelling at a linseman the whole time he was crossing the ice to get to the lockerroom. Some of his players were standing in the runway watching him.

The Red Wings need to shut up and start playing their game. If they don't, the cup is coming to Pittsburgh.

All I remember is when Kunitz got hit in the helmet and about a half second later flew back as if his teeth were knocked out.

There was diving all over the place tonight.

That's the one I remember. That delay was just ridiculous and any respectable ref would have called a dive on that. Did the high stick happen? Yep. Did Kunitz embellish the hell out of it? You betcha.