• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
thegreat66

Penguins top heavy in talent while Wings more evenly distributed

Rate this topic

This is the reason some people shouldn't have access to anything opinion related.

You just said top-heavy and then dissed Zetterberg, Pavel and Lidstrom.

Staal never ******* even when you're rookie coach misuses him. I like THAT. But trying to defend Crosby?? Malkin??

Crosby has Marios named all over him now and he's only 4 years in the league. Too bad Sissy Crosby is scared to live alone. Living with Mario, he's learn from the best the meaning of Whine, Complain, ***** the worlds against you and Scream when the other team scores a hat trick on you and fans throw their hats. Because of this he will always be known as a great player who could score but never killed penalties, never made the guys around him better and never was a "leader". For that, I'm happy.

Malkin jumps guys, yet still can't land a punch. LOL. Runs and hides. No thanks.

Thank God Detroit values PEOPLE as much as talent when we bring guys in. It's TEAM and only team that matters here.

And points don't = heart. And you need that to win Cups. Good luck with that.

This is the reason some people shouldn't have access to anything opinion related.

Staal never ******* even when you're rookie coach misuses him. I like THAT. But trying to defend Crosby?? Malkin??

Crosby has Marios named all over him now and he's only 4 years in the league. Too bad Sissy Crosby is scared to live alone. Living with Mario, he's learn from the best the meaning of Whine, Complain, ***** the worlds against you and Scream when the other team scores a hat trick on you and fans throw their hats. Because of this he will always be known as a great player who could score but never killed penalties, never made the guys around him better and never was a "leader". For that, I'm happy.

Malkin jumps guys, yet still can't land a punch. LOL. Runs and hides. No thanks.

Thank God Detroit values PEOPLE as much as talent when we bring guys in. It's TEAM and only team that matters here.

And points don't = heart. And you need that to win Cups. Good luck with that.

Detroit values PEOPLE as much as talent when we bring guys in. It's TEAM and only team that matters here. Yet we've got two of the top 10 players in the league here. s*** maybe top 5, to go with the best defenseman in the league and depth that 29 other teams TALK ABOUT and envy.

Edited by motorcitykid

how do you even compare lidstrom and gonchar???

a.) gonchar doesnt even play on the first penalty kill, quite a defensemen

b.) he has 2 points so far this series (both on the PP) and is only +1, how is that a 'great series'?

Detroit values PEOPLE as much as talent when we bring guys in. It's TEAM and only team that matters here. Yet we've got two of the top 10 players in the league here. s*** maybe top 5, to go with the best defenseman in the league and depth that 29 other teams TALK ABOUT and envy.

Are you actually saying that Malkin and Crosby are bad human beings or lack character? If so, that is beyond absurd. The thing that makes Crosby great is he is an athlete with an elite skill-set who plays the game like he's a 4th liner. Never takes a second off on any shift and it that work ethic that will bring the Cup home to Pittsburgh.

Are you actually saying that Malkin and Crosby are bad human beings or lack character? If so, that is beyond absurd. The thing that makes Crosby great is he is an athlete with an elite skill-set who plays the game like he's a 4th liner. Never takes a second off on any shift and it that work ethic that will bring the Cup home to Pittsburgh.

Yeah on the ice. Of the ice he cries like a baby. Oh wait...he does on the ice too. A.O's hattie anyone? Funny you didn't even attempt to defend Malkin's character.

At scoring goals, yes.

Detroit puts more than just goals and points on it's number 1 and 2.

Thus why Lidstrom (imo) is our #1 player.

Question. If this team had Malkin and Crosby instead of Zetterberg and Datsyuk, what do you think the outcome of the Anaheim series would be?

This just made me crack up. Imagining Crosby on the West coast is a joke, Malkin's big enough he might survive. I believe that the Penguins style would not be as successful in the Western Conference.

He may be a wonderful hockey player and be even better as he ages and gains experience. But until he stops whining about stuff he has absolutely no control over; until he stops diving so flagrantly it's laughable, he will continue to not be the credible pro hockey player you would like him to be.

Edited by Vladifan

Hmm...let's see.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are about even, overall, with Crosby and Malkin.

Hossa is easily better than any remaining Pens forward.

Hossa plus Franzen, Hudler, and Holmstrom most certainly compare favorably to Guerin, Kunitz, Satan, and Fedotenko.

Now we compare Filppula, Cleary, Samuelsson, Draper, Helm, and Maltby to Staal, Talbot, Cooke, Kennedy, Adams, and Dupuis.

Bottom six is so far in Detroit's favor it's SICK.

Lidstrom is the best defenseman in the series. He's the only defenseman on either team who has ever even come close to winning a Norris, and he's nominated again this year.

Rafalski, Kronwall, and Gonchar are all of similar overall ability.

Stuart is better than any of the remaining Pens defenseman.

None of Orpik, Letang, and Scuderi would make the Wings' top four. It's questionable whether any would make the top six.

Lebda and Ericsson vs Gill and Eaton? It might be more fair to compare Lebda and Ericsson to Orpik and Letang.

Osgood has outplayed Fleury in the playoffs and the finals.

AT HOCKEY: Z + Dats > Malkin + Crosby

AT PUTTING UP POINTS: Malkin + Crosby > Z + Dats

Well, when you double shift your star players, they're bound to crank out more points :)

Not implying it's a bad thing. If you have the ability to double shift Malkin and Crosby, only a fool wouldn't do it.

Detroit does it with Zetterberg and Datsyuk in the playoffs as well, but not so often during the season.

And to the OP, Lidstrom > Gonchar = Rafalski > Kronwall

I have nothing bad to say about Kronwall, but I think he needs a few more years in the league. He doesn't exactly have the experience required to be a truely "Top" defenseman.

I'd say Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's double-shifting comes mainly through special teams since they play both on the PP and the PK, which Crosby and Malkin generally don't do. They all double shift, just in different respects.