• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Thoughts from the Penguin's Nest

Rate this topic

-- I have a feeling Staal's shorthanded goal last night may have grabbed not just the game, but the series for the

Pens. That's just a feeling. At that point, Detroit went from being up a goal and on the power play, to seeing the

lead go up in smoke. The mental letdown can't be overestimated.

--I feel the pressure is more on the Wings to win Saturday Night, Datsyuk or no Datsyuk. Detroit must hold here or

face returning on the verge to the Igloo which has not been kind to them -- especially Osgood of all people. Should

the Pens lose they're on the verge, but at least they know they get the next one at home.

--This series is just what a lot of us hoped -- including a lot of arguing back and forth about who's gotten the breaks,

who's got the calls (or not) etc. etc. etc. Also accusations of cheap shots by both sides. Last year lacked the heat,

as it was really about the aw-shucks-glad-to-be-here Pens looking up at the veteran champs.

--Datsyuk's back -- but maybe Sid is too, after finally breaking the scoring drought.

--For some reason the name "Fedotenko" keeps popping into my head for Saturday.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you here will disagree with my point of view. Please feel free to fire away...

Penguins don't build nests. They lay eggs on the ice.

Just sayin'... :hehe:

I know... but somehow "Thoughts from the Penguin's Frozen-Water Aviarian Embryonic Repository" didn't have the same magic to it.

Give me a pass on this one?

Edited by BewareThePenguin

Dont ever count on one play to break the Red Wings mentally. This is a team that lost the lead in the last 30 seconds in front of the home crowd and then lost the Stanley Cup in triple overtime in front of it's home crowd, and then turned around and won the next game.

A shorthanded goal is nothing.

-- I have a feeling Staal's shorthanded goal Datsyuk returning last night tomorrow may have grabbed not just the game, but the series for the

Pens Wings. That's just a feeling. At that point, Detroit The Pens went from being up a goal and on the power play tied for the first time, to seeing the

lead their chance go up in smoke. The mental letdown can't be overestimated.

--I feel the pressure is more on the Wings to win Saturday Night, Datsyuk or no Datsyuk. Detroit must hold here or

face returning on the verge to the Igloo which has not been kind to them -- especially Osgood of all people. Should

the Pens lose they're on the verge, but at least they know they get the next one at home, although they didn't do to hot in last year's game 6.

--This series is just what a lot of us I hoped -- including a lot of arguing back and forth about who's gotten the breaks,

who's got the calls (or not) etc. etc. etc. Also accusations of cheap shots by both sides. Last year lacked the heat,

as it was really about the aw-shucks-glad-to-be-here Pens looking up at the veteran champs.

--Datsyuk's back -- but maybe Sid Zetterberg is too, after finally breaking the scoring drought gong easy on Crosby for 1 period.

--For some reason the name "Fedotenko" Hossa keeps popping into my head for Saturday.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you here will disagree with my point of view. Please feel free to fire away...

Is it me, or is Penguins fans underestimating the Red Wings and their home ice advantage?

Series is tied 2-2, I wouldn't be so cocky. The Red Wings are known to utilize a bad game to come out hungry to play for 60 minutes for the next game.

-- I have a feeling Staal's shorthanded goal last night may have grabbed not just the game, but the series for the

Pens. That's just a feeling. At that point, Detroit went from being up a goal and on the power play, to seeing the

the Pens lose they're on the verge, but at least they know they get the next one at home.

--This series is just what a lot of us hoped -- including a lot of arguing back and forth about who's gotten the breaks,

--Datsyuk's back -- but maybe Sid is too, after finally breaking the scoring drought.

--For some reason the name "Fedotenko" keeps popping into my head for Saturday.

zzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

We were way too cocky as a fanbase after we won 2 games. It's only natural that he'd be very confident as a Pens fan. It's the way that we got beat that concerns me.

We were competitive in game 3, but in game 4 we were dead tired and they ran circles on us for alot of the game. If we were competitive in both games and just didn't get the bounces, that's one thing. But we were ran out of their building pretty good in game 4. I'm worried, but I'm also still confident. The Wings have been through too much adversity in the last few years for me to doubt that they can turn it around.

The Wings are discussing what THEY did wrong last game. They are also getting set to put it up another gear to finish this series.

We've been here so many times, our guys know how to kick it up another gear. I can guarantee you the Wings ain't moaning today about the loss like "OMG what have we done????". Pens needed to win both games. Needed.

Now its a best of three. And you can bet it's going to be a VERY different effort tomorrow at home with our guys knowing it's our Cup to lose.

I do find it laughable and a little bit of a slight reading that Penguins like Max Talbot are talking out their ass with comments about the Pens now being in control of the series. A classic case of say something 100 times and it might become true. Whatever helps their dreams of a Cup win, I guess.

Points don't = heart. Crosby should wear an A and not be allowed to ever speak to the media.

The Wings are discussing what THEY did wrong last game. They are also getting set to put it up another gear to finish this series.

We've been here so many times, our guys know how to kick it up another gear. I can guarantee you the Wings ain't moaning today about the loss like "OMG what have we done????". Pens needed to win both games. Needed.

Now its a best of three. And you can bet it's going to be a VERY different effort tomorrow at home with our guys knowing it's our Cup to lose.

I do find it laughable and a little bit of a slight reading that Penguins like Max Talbot are talking out their ass with comments about the Pens now being in control of the series. A classic case of say something 100 times and it might become true. Whatever helps their dreams of a Cup win, I guess.

Points don't = heart. Crosby should wear an A and not be allowed to ever speak to the media.

I haven't read Talbot's comments, but agree, he shouldn't be talking too much of the cocky stuff right now.

And the Staal goal was just a feeling I had.

And I agree Detroit has shown it knows how to kick it up a level in championship series. And the Pens are the ones who have to demonstrate a similar ability. I do believe there's a bit more pressure on Detroit simply because they must now hold serve, and they know it.

Nobody's cocky here. Not at least on this end.

Bah, beat me to it.

I expect passes to be passed up in favor of shots in this period.

:D

Oops. Quoted the wrong quote.

I know... but somehow "Thoughts from the Penguin's Frozen-Water Aviarian Embryonic Repository" didn't have the same magic to it.

Give me a pass on this one?

Edited by Marty Midnight

I have a feeling Datsyuk returning tomorrow may grab not just the game, but the series for the Wings. That's just a feeling. At that point, The Pens went from being up a goal and on the power play tied for the first time in the series, to seeing their chances go up in smoke. The mental letdown can't be overestimated.

Amazing!

My son who's not really a rabid Wing fan like his mom came up with a Facebook thing, called "Penguins taste like chicken".

I fervently hope the Wings come back with a vengeance and fricasee their asses. Feathers and all.

:nhl_crach::taunt::nhl2::stanley::thumbup: :deal: :cup::champs::)

Crosby didn't break a scoring drought. He was getting shut down. He happened to be in 2 odd man rushes that results in a goal anda assit for him. The common element is malkin. Has pittsburgh scored a goal which malkin wasn't involved in yet?

In game 5 crosby will be going back to being shut down. If datsyuk is in, malkin will probably be shut down as well.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Crosby didn't break a scoring drought. He was getting shut down. He happened to be in 2 odd man rushes that results in a goal anda assit for him. The common element is malkin. Has pittsburgh scored a goal which malkin wasn't involved in yet?

In game 5 crosby will be going back to being shut down. If datsyuk is in, malkin will probably be shut down as well.

I thought I would upchuck when Olczyk and the boyz kept saying last night how Crosby was playing so well against all comers. As if the first two games weren't even existant and he was slowed to a fricking halt.

Guest Shoreline

It's not that I disagree with your points, but this one is clearly not an original thought (points to TSN)..

Stupid thread, anyone who knows the Wings knows that they are not that mentally weak. Additionally, they are playing at home, good chance of Dats back, and are not accustom to losing 3 in a row. The Wings have a lot of pride and it is going to be much harder for the Pens to beat them for a third time in a row than it will be for the Wings to come back and win this next one. Anything can happen, the Pens could win game 5 but I doubt it. Again, stupid thread, and really just a flaming thread - a crafty hidden flaming but a flaming none the less.

And a stupid one at that. One play does not win 4 games.

win a series maybe not... turn it around sure as hell it can

lidstroms long bomb goal on danny cloutier