• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Thoughts from the Penguin's Nest

Rate this topic

It's good to see another point of view sometimes. That being said, I agree the pressure is on our boys to hold at home. Yeah, Pens have the momentum, but you could've said the same thing going into Game 3 for the Wings. Just because it is later in the series means jack to me. Just because the Wings played a rough 2nd period in Game 4 does not kill the team they are, which is a team that has been here before. For me personally, this is exactly what I thought the series was going to be like, a dogfight of major ups and downs.

Looking forward to tonight; GO WINGS

Pressure is going to be on both teams to win this game for sure as this game will almost seal the series for whoever wins it.

I would think more pressure would be on the Wings simply because they are supposed to win, and everybody except for pens fans saying they are the better all around team, depth, experience and determination. The pens have already won the 2 games they were supposed to win in this series, and actually, should have taken on of the games at the joe thanks to a few lucky bounces.

Nothing disrepectful, just another view. :rolleyes:

Oh wait... So what you are saying is if Wings win, they are "lucky" and if Pens win, it's because they are just "too damn good". Pens fans :facepalm:

Oh wait... So what you are saying is if Wings win, they are "lucky" and if Pens win, it's because they are just "too damn good". Pens fans :facepalm:

No not at all, either one of the games at the joe could have gone to either team, just like at the igloo, Just my opinion though. The wings are not lucky, they are just that good. I love the way they play. every team has good days and bad...not matter how good they are. If the pens win this series it will be because they were lucky. If the Wings win this series it's because they were supposed to.

Pens fan, hell yea, you a wings fan? Hell yea. :sarcasm:

It's good to see another point of view sometimes. That being said, I agree the pressure is on our boys to hold at home. Yeah, Pens have the momentum, but you could've said the same thing going into Game 3 for the Wings. Just because it is later in the series means jack to me. Just because the Wings played a rough 2nd period in Game 4 does not kill the team they are, which is a team that has been here before. For me personally, this is exactly what I thought the series was going to be like, a dogfight of major ups and downs.

Looking forward to tonight; GO WINGS

Nope, I don't think we have the momentum, just because of 1 period of bad play. We did not score in the third...even and just as you said, a dogfight of major up and downs....and I just gitty with all this great hockey being played...also looking forward to tonight..GO PENS

I would think more pressure would be on the Wings simply because they are supposed to win, and everybody except for pens fans saying they are the better all around team, depth, experience and determination.

Since when? The entire sports media is one big long Penguins circlejerk, I barely hear about the Wings from them beyond being reminded that they're 'old'.

Nope, I don't think we have the momentum, just because of 1 period of bad play. We did not score in the third...even and just as you said, a dogfight of major up and downs....and I just gitty with all this great hockey being played...also looking forward to tonight..GO PENS

Maybe the Pens have been playing great hockey, I dunno, I only watch them when they play us, but the Wings are most certainly NOT playing great hockey. For extended periods, they aren't even playing good hockey. If we had been playing great hockey, it would easily be 3-1 right now. That said, the Pens are doing a great job of exploiting our mistakes and keeping energy and momentum going.

Game 4 the boys looked like they had no legs and got caught pressing a couple times. Wings got outplayed in game 4 and haven't even showed there best yet in this series. Pens fans... I don't think your going to like what happens tonight. I have a pretty good feeling we come out flying tonight and flex our best team in the NHL muscle around a bit. Datsyuks return couldn't be a worse thing to happen to Pitt fans. All of the sudden our power play will have the boost of the best puck handling and creative player in the world, and not to mention the best defensive foward in the world as well. Malkin had a good run, but all good things come to an end. Matchups Matchups Matchups. Home team has the adv. The Wings have 2 of the next 3 at The Joe. I like our chances even if Jordan "Horseface"Staal scored a shorty.

Since when? The entire sports media is one big long Penguins circlejerk, I barely hear about the Wings from them beyond being reminded that they're 'old'.

Honestly, I have no clue as to why. If the pens have won the cup last year I could say yea, in some sort of way why, but I have no clue as to why. l feel that Crosby, good in a way is not the best in the league. there is waaaayyyy to much talent in the league to crown him the leagues best player. The only thing I can say for crosby is that he is an above average player that has good publicity. He is though, the ultimate team player from what I seen so far, almost everything he does he tries to benefit the team whether Right or wrong, I don't fault him for that like so many others do. Imagine the pressure he is under from both league and team as the face of the league and captain of the team. I am not making any excuses for him as sometimes he is embarrassing himself, the team and league and some pens fans that truly love the game of hockey but, he's not doing anything different than anybody else, it's just magnified more.

peace.

ok did anyone notice that the wings absolutely dominated the third period last game? i mean detroit obviously didn't give up after a sub par 2nd period. does anyone honestly think they'll just roll over cuz they lost two game in a row? this happened last year against nashville. det switched goalies last year, this year we get datsyuk back

-- I have a feeling Staal's shorthanded goal last night may have grabbed not just the game, but the series for the Pens.

This is farthest point in your post i have read to.

Its your first line.

I should not have even given it that much.

The Detroit Red Wings are not an immature bunch of whipper snappers like other teams.

They are VETS, They are experienced, they have composure. they have will and determination.

You my friend will find out that in order to beat the wings it will take more then 1 goal, or 1 game, or 1 break down.

Wings will win in 6, mark my words.

Guest Architeuthis
ok did anyone notice that the wings absolutely dominated the third period last game? i mean detroit obviously didn't give up after a sub par 2nd period. does anyone honestly think they'll just roll over cuz they lost two game in a row? this happened last year against nashville. det switched goalies last year, this year we get datsyuk back

You guys actually think a rusty Datsyuk, broken foot and all will actually be able to keep up with Malkin or Crosby! You gotta be freakin kidding me. He'll be lucky to play 10 minutes before Orpik destroys him and the pain shot wears off. The emotional boost the Wings get will be huge none the less. If the Pens survive the the first period they will roll.

You guys actually think a rusty Datsyuk, broken foot and all will actually be able to keep up with Malkin or Crosby! You gotta be freakin kidding me. He'll be lucky to play 10 minutes before Orpik destroys him and the pain shot wears off. The emotional boost the Wings get will be huge none the less. If the Pens survive the the first period they will roll.

Datsyuk is the best all around player in the league. A 50% Datsyuk is still enough to keep Malkin or Crosby at bay.

Unfortunate for you that it sounds like Datsyuk is at least 90%, if not 100%. Oh, and that the Pens just pissed off the most dominant team in the league.

It's almost game time, brother.

LOL you are funny.

Yeah dats is hurt. ummhmm,

Dats is not a good player, He is a HORRID player, ummhmmm.

You pens think that way, and by all means please continue to underestimate Datsyuk and the wings.

so yeah, Datsyuk is rusty and will play like crap, Make sure Crosby and Malkin hear this too,

then when Datsyuk scores the first hat trick of the year and we win 3-1 again we will come back and see who is rusty and who isent.

You just keep whistlin' into the wind, bubba. But before it's over you just may be getting it right back in your face. And if Orpik comes after him I hope the refs nail him with a suspension. It would serve his ass right.

-- I have a feeling Staal's shorthanded goal last night may have grabbed not just the game, but the series for the

Pens. That's just a feeling. At that point, Detroit went from being up a goal and on the power play, to seeing the

lead go up in smoke. The mental letdown can't be overestimated.

--I feel the pressure is more on the Wings to win Saturday Night, Datsyuk or no Datsyuk. Detroit must hold here or

face returning on the verge to the Igloo which has not been kind to them -- especially Osgood of all people. Should

the Pens lose they're on the verge, but at least they know they get the next one at home.

--This series is just what a lot of us hoped -- including a lot of arguing back and forth about who's gotten the breaks,

who's got the calls (or not) etc. etc. etc. Also accusations of cheap shots by both sides. Last year lacked the heat,

as it was really about the aw-shucks-glad-to-be-here Pens looking up at the veteran champs.

--Datsyuk's back -- but maybe Sid is too, after finally breaking the scoring drought.

--For some reason the name "Fedotenko" keeps popping into my head for Saturday.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you here will disagree with my point of view. Please feel free to fire away...

'Know' is a pretty strong word.

Sid is only "back" because Zetterberg was taken off of him and put on Malkin. Put Hank on Crosby and Datsyuk on Malkin and what the hell do you think either of them is going to accomplish?

-- I have a feeling Staal's shorthanded goal last night may have grabbed not just the game, but the series for the

Pens. That's just a feeling. At that point, Detroit went from being up a goal and on the power play, to seeing the

--I feel the pressure is more on the Wings to win Saturday Night, Datsyuk or no Datsyuk. Detroit must hold here or

face returning on the verge to the Igloo which has not been kind to them -- especially Osgood of all people. Should

the Pens lose they're on the verge, but at least they know they get the next one at home.

--This series is just what a lot of us hoped -- including a lot of arguing back and forth about who's gotten the breaks,

who's got the calls (or not) etc. etc. etc. Also accusations of cheap shots by both sides. Last year lacked the heat,

as it was really about the aw-shucks-glad-to-be-here Pens looking up at the veteran champs.

--Datsyuk's back -- but maybe Sid is too, after finally breaking the scoring drought.

Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you here will disagree with my point of view. Please feel free to fire away...

Nostradamus you are not. GO WINGS!!!

Hows those 'feelings' workin for ya now????

It's pretty hilarious how completely wrong you were. :hehe: