• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Thoughts from the Penguin's Nest

Rate this topic

Here you go again with the whole scoring = production/stepping up debate. Is it maybe possible, just maybe, that there is more to the wonderful game of hockey than scoring goals? Like preventing the other team from scoring goals? That's a pretty important thing too, isn't it? Because, Hossa has done a fine job doing that if I don't say so myself.

Your fellow Wings fans would disagree with you:

PM

Post #195

Simply The Best

hossa's a front runner

can't do s***

That was after Game 4. That could've come out of a Pens' fan, it so summed up what we've been telling you about him.

Edited by BewareThePenguin

Didn't say you did it -- but dig through the thread and you'll find the one I'm talking about.

Point is, not a peep about it from any of you "we're all about class" types here.

Every team has classless fans. That's the nature of the sport. I agree that anyone acting like their fanbase is completely free of douchebags, well, they're kidding themselves.

Didn't say you did it -- but dig through the thread and you'll find the one I'm talking about.

Point is, not a peep about it from any of you "we're all about class" types here.

Then do not quote me and state "low-class attacks." Why do I have to dig through your foolish thread of mind numbing dribble for an answer?

Puh-lease.

This from a person who joins a RIVAL forum and baits with threads such as "Osgood on verge of meltdown."

That was after Game 4. When you all wanted to run him out of town on a rail.

Every fanbase has a collection of people that don't know hockey as well. Just because you found a handful of people supporting your opinion doesn't mean the entirety of the Red Wings fanbase agrees with it. So, stop saying "you all" when talking about stuff like this. The majority of Red Wings can see the production being provided by Hossa despite the relative lack of goal scoring.

Edited by RWK23

That was after Game 4. When you all wanted to run him out of town on a rail.

You can't make statements like that. One person (i.e. me) not wanting to run Hossa out of town completely invalidates your point.

Maybe as a fan-base a majority of the fans wanted to run him out of town, but then again, there's some portion of every team's fan-base that should wear a hockey helmet in every day life.

Every team has classless fans. That's the nature of the sport. I agree that anyone acting like their fanbase is completely free of douchebags, well, they're kidding themselves.

Yes, but I'm not the one going on about how classless the other team's fans are, and how "classy" we are. See my point?

And yeah, all fan bases have these kind of douches, couldn't agree more -- just keep that in mind for anyone who tries to act all high and mighty about their own. Is all.

Thanks for responding.

We should probably just let this guy post to himself. Clearly we can't change his mind on Hossa and that one dude making a dumb statement about his mom that his mom never read or heard about means we all can't talk about class.

You can't make statements like that. One person (i.e. me) not wanting to run Hossa out of town completely invalidates your point.

Maybe as a fan-base a majority of the fans wanted to run him out of town, but then again, there's some portion of every team's fan-base that should wear a hockey helmet in every day life.

Read the thread. I could put up at least a dozen more posts like that -- the place was screaming about what a wasted signing he was after the loss. Now, the blowout win deodorizes the stink -- lucky for Hossa, who again contributed nothing on a night when the whole Wings team was lighting it up. If the Pens had won that game I GUARANTEE this place would be filled with "Hossa Sucks!" type threads. Guaranteed.

Yes, but I'm not the one going on about how classless the other team's fans are, and how "classy" we are. See my point?

And yeah, all fan bases have these kind of douches, couldn't agree more -- just keep that in mind for anyone who tries to act all high and mighty about their own. Is all.

Thanks for responding.

I actually agree with you and I posted something to that effect in another thread. See below.

Guys, I think we're doing a bit of overkill here. Their team lost. Not just lost.. but they were completely blown off the ice. They're angry. They're disappointed. And they're lashing out. Much like the posters on here do after a big loss.

I don't see any reason to make threads gloating about it. It's kind of like rubbing the dog's nose in his own s***. And for all of us saying THEY aren't classy, these threads certainly don't help make the case that WE are.

Not trying to cause a debate. Just sayin'.

We should probably just let this guy post to himself. Clearly we can't change his mind on Hossa and that one dude making a dumb statement about his mom that his mom never read or heard about means we all can't talk about class.

No, but the fact you all blew by it without calling him out for it doesn't exactly support your claims of classiness, now, does it? Just that you'll tolerate such garbage when it comes from one of your own.

Not a peep about it til I brought it up -- sorry if I do a little "tsk tsk-ing" here. If I had pulled something even close to that little stunt, you'd be wailing about it like banshees.

Read the thread. I could put up at least a dozen more posts like that -- the place was screaming about what a wasted signing he was after the loss. Now, the blowout win deodorizes the stink -- lucky for Hossa, who again contributed nothing on a night when the whole Wings team was lighting it up. If the Pens had won that game I GUARANTEE this place would be filled with "Hossa Sucks!" type threads. Guaranteed.

You really need to see a psychologist about this obsession over Hossa. You have clearly stated the Pen's are nothing without Crosby and the Wing's can win with or without Hossa.

Why even continue? Seriously...

Hossa had an assist on the second goal which was a very big goal early in the second. And again, contribution doesn't exist all on the offensive end. How many times does that need to be pointed out to you?

And I could hop over to the Penguins message board in bring up dozens up posts and threads about how Crosby has disappeared, Orpik is an overpriced piece of trash, and Fleury is a choking choker who couldn't stop a puck if it was shot through 2 defenseman by a guy named Alligator (oh wait!). Oddly enough, those threads stopped when the Penguins won 2 games, and started again after tonight.

Hossa doesn't need to put up Crosby or Malkin numbers. No single person on the Red Wings does. Hossa hasn't put up stunning numbers, but his defensive prowess has expanded ten fold this post season. And guess what, Detroit is a team thats based off of Defense.

BTW, nice call on that shorthanded goal being the turning point of the series :rolleyes:

P.S. No one likes you here. No one takes anything you say seriously, and nearly all of your predictions have been wrong. Why not just go post on a Penguins board and save yourself the trouble of arguing with some of the biggest fans of what is unarguably the best team in Hockey.

Edited by Zack is Great

Thanks for responding.

While I doubt there is ANY fan base 100% classy, I think there can be a kind of majority rules mentality. And, it just stands to reason that some fan bases may be less.. volatile and rude than others.

Also, you're on a Wings forum. We take care of our own. If you're looking for support, you might want to go back to some Pens boards or something. It's generally not our style to pounce on our own members in support of another team's fan (though, there are exceptions, I am sure).

I actually agree with you and I posted something to that effect in another thread. See below.

I appreciate your effort, and while I'm a little disappointed (in my own team's performance) I assure you I'm not angry -- sorry if that disappoints.

In fact, read my first quote after the loss here, and you'll see quite the opposite. I even joined in the joking about my team. Does that sound like somebody so enraged he's out of control? Don't think so.

And hey, a little rub-in I don't even mind. Otherwise would I even show up here in the first place? Your team won, by all means revel in it, take some digs at the other guys. I would.

My problem is more about punk posts that have nothing to do with hockey, just cheap scumbag personal attacks. That I don't let slide -- do you see my point? Insult my team, my players, take shots at me -- but my mother? Seriously, the fact you don't see how this goes to such a whole new level is a bit incredible to me. That's the kind of thing Internet tough guys say, the kind of thing I -- and I bet you -- would pop the punk in the mouth for saying if it were in real life. Is that not clear?

You want to keep it to the game, fine. You want to take it outside, uh... nah. Not tolerated. I'm sure you can see my point.

I appreciate your effort, and while I'm a little disappointed (in my own team's performance) I assure you I'm not angry -- sorry if that disappoints.

In fact, read my first quote after the loss here, and you'll see quite the opposite. I even joined in the joking about my team. Does that sound like somebody so enraged he's out of control? Don't think so.

And hey, a little rub-in I don't even mind. Otherwise would I even show up here in the first place? Your team won, by all means revel in it, take some digs at the other guys. I would.

My problem is more about punk posts that have nothing to do with hockey, just cheap scumbag personal attacks. That I don't let slide -- do you see my point? Insult my team, my players, take shots at me -- but my mother? Seriously, the fact you don't see how this goes to such a whole new level is a bit incredible to me. That's the kind of thing Internet tough guys say, the kind of thing I -- and I bet you -- would pop the punk in the mouth for saying if it were in real life. Is that not clear?

You want to keep it to the game, fine. You want to take it outside, uh... nah. Not tolerated. I'm sure you can see my point.

I didn't go back and read the pages of this thread, but I don't think personal attacks - from either side - are right. I know that people go up in arms over attacks on the city of Detroit and its economic state, so I certainly can't understand why anybody would say anything about your mother.

I do get your point. And I don't think it's right of them to do it, no matter what team you root for.

No, but the fact you all blew by it without calling him out for it doesn't exactly support your claims of classiness, now, does it? Just that you'll tolerate such garbage when it comes from one of your own.

Not a peep about it til I brought it up -- sorry if I do a little "tsk tsk-ing" here. If I had pulled something even close to that little stunt, you'd be wailing about it like banshees.

This is a Red Wings board. There are going to be homers on this board because it is specifically used for that purpose: Wings fans talking Wings hockey. If you can't take homerism on a local team board, then you might as well not be here. And just because someone else is an irrational homer doesn't give you the right to be.

If you want to be here, then be kind to your fellow posters, and if someone is irrational, tell them why it is irrational. Don't go off hate-spewing and calling every single fan on this board out. It doesn't work like that for you and other Pittsburgh fans for good reason. This isn't YOUR board.

I can not see your point...

You obviously know that the poster who said something about your mom DOES NOT actually know your mom. So why even focus in on that comment? Common sense would tell ya it is another person running their mouth and comments that are not well thought out.

People usually ignore or look the other way when such occurs, but you on the other hand have to keep at it, which makes no sense.

Every fanbase has a collection of people that don't know hockey as well. Just because you found a handful of people supporting your opinion doesn't mean the entirety of the Red Wings fanbase agrees with it. So, stop saying "you all" when talking about stuff like this. The majority of Red Wings can see the production being provided by Hossa despite the relative lack of goal scoring.

This

Nooooo REALLY, s*** for brains??? I find it funny that your attacking Wings fans for being upset with their players. Of course, since maybe 100 out of let's say 500 active users vent their frustrations, then the whole board is "screaming." We had just ******* lost, so I don't know why this is so hard for your tiny bird brain to grasp.

At least we're not blaming boards and faulty equipment. The morons that post that the refs are against us are the same kind of morons that post at LetsGoPens.com. Bet you guys didn't complain much about a 6 on 5 for 20 seconds, eh?

But really, this is our board and we can write whatever the hell we want. Your lucky you are even allowed to participate on this board, because any other board would have banned your sorry ass a long time ago. You can also shove your guarantees up your ass because nobody gives a s***.

Edited by Louisville

Sorry, I am not homosexual. I do not love or make love to men named Mike or any male in any shape or form.

On the contrary, I know there are many Wing fans who do love Mike Babcock. Myself included. :)

This

Nooooo REALLY, s*** for brains??? I find it funny that your attacking Wings fans for being upset with their players. Of course, since maybe 100 out of let's say 500 active users vent their frustrations, then the whole board is "screaming." We had just ******* lost, so I don't know why this is so hard for your tiny bird brain to grasp.

At least we're not blaming boards and faulty equipment. The morons that post that the refs are against us are the same kind of morons that post at LetsGoPens.com. Bet you guys didn't complain much about a 6 on 5 for 20 seconds, eh?

But really, this is our board and we can write whatever the hell we want. Your lucky you are even allowed to participate on this board, because any other board would have banned your sorry ass a long time ago. You can also shove your guarantees up your ass because nobody gives a s***.

"Attacking" Wings fans for simply quoting what they said? Hmmm. I don't think so. Merely pointing out that they're kind of agreeing with what some of us have been saying about Hossa. The rest is you reading in what you want to.

Now, calling someone "sh*t for brains" and some of the other choice "classy" words you, the classy Wings fan is using above, now I'd say that constitutes an attack.

I'll say this one more time -- I read about 100 posts moaning about the lack of class shown by the Pens and their fans -- I don't think anyone has the right to talk when you all let that "momma" slur slide by (I can imagine some of you even got a chuckle from it, 'long as it came from one of your own). Bottom line: make sure your own house is clean before you rag on your neighbor's dirt.