• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

Thoughts from the Penguin's Nest

Rate this topic

the difference is we dont need hossa to get 30+ points in the playoffs. if hossa doesnt perform well, we still have a great chance of winning. remember, we did win the cup last year with hossa on the other side. the difference between the wings and the penguins is we can split 4 games with our hart candidate out, but you guys wouldve been swept with yours out. we finished off a very young, fast, and talented team without 2 of top 6 defensemen for 2 games, and without 3 of top 7 for the clinching game. we beat anaheim without hossa, datsyuk, and holmstrom contributing offensively. When guys like hossa, datsyuk, and zetterberg cant find the twine, guys like cleary, abdelkader, and filppula are scoring goals. if crosby and malkin dont produce, chances are the penguins lose. just like games 1,2 and 5. and the stanley cup finals last year (which wouldve ended before game 6 without Hossa.)

You are doing it wrong. Don't use facts; they are too easy to ignore. Just call people names that are based on nothing more than skewed opinion. Like this:

Crosby is a communist.

Malkin has 7 points in 5 games in the SCF...

Malkin had 28 points in the previous 3 playoff rounds...

Crosby has 3 points in 5 games in the SCF...

Crosby had 28 points in the previous 3 playoff rounds...

Seems to me they are slowing down a bit....

Of course they are.. They are playing against a team that dominates defensively at even strength and is the least penalized team in the playoffs.

That being said, they are still the highest scoring duo through the first five games of the Finals.

I appreciate your effort, and while I'm a little disappointed (in my own team's performance) I assure you I'm not angry -- sorry if that disappoints.

In fact, read my first quote after the loss here, and you'll see quite the opposite. I even joined in the joking about my team. Does that sound like somebody so enraged he's out of control? Don't think so.

And hey, a little rub-in I don't even mind. Otherwise would I even show up here in the first place? Your team won, by all means revel in it, take some digs at the other guys. I would.

My problem is more about punk posts that have nothing to do with hockey, just cheap scumbag personal attacks. That I don't let slide -- do you see my point? Insult my team, my players, take shots at me -- but my mother? Seriously, the fact you don't see how this goes to such a whole new level is a bit incredible to me. That's the kind of thing Internet tough guys say, the kind of thing I -- and I bet you -- would pop the punk in the mouth for saying if it were in real life. Is that not clear?

You want to keep it to the game, fine. You want to take it outside, uh... nah. Not tolerated. I'm sure you can see my point.

Your point is taken but I guess this is what happens if you join an internet forum of another fanbase. Some here are willing to actually discuss hockey with others will automatically call you troll and start calling you names if you do not agree that the red wings are the best team in the world. I know it is sad but that's the way it is... I am sure the situation on your board is similiar.

Of course they are.. They are playing against a team that dominates defensively at even strength and is the least penalized team in the playoffs.

That being said, they are still the highest scoring duo through the first five games of the Finals.

Like I stated to EMALKIN a few weeks back... They may lead the playoffs in points, but what matters is the outcome...

It is called a team effort, not a 2 player effort...

See picture below:

names.jpg

Edited by Rivalred

Not by a very wide margin. Even though Pavel has only played one game, he and Hank have 8 combined points to Malkin and Crosby's 10. ;)

Or, if we use Hank and Franzen as our dynamic Detroit pair, then they're even. :o

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Not by a very wide margin. Even though Pavel has only played one game, he and Hank have 8 combined points to Malkin and Crosby's 10. ;)

Actually, Zetterberg and Frazen are tied with Malkin and Crosby. But isn't that what you would expect?

I can appreciate that the Pens are a talented, hard-working team.

Wrong.

You guys bang on Crosby for what he hasn't done in one series -- but Hossa's awesome because of what he's done this regular season. Pardon me if I chuckle a bit here.

difference is Detroit obviously doesn't rely on Hossa, where as Crosby is relied on by the Pens. Hossa =/= Crosby

Seriously you come in here talking about how greatful we should be to have a fan like you here, but when you just vomit out stupid statements it's hard not to think of you as a troll.

Gee, thanks chum. Just as about 100 percent of you wouldn't have had the "cajones" to be posting on this thread if the Pens had won last night -- which is even more entertaining.

This thread would've been like crickets chirping had the score been otherwise.

we can live by what if's all we want. Fact is Detroit made the Pens look like a bunch of crybaby *******, and won so we will never know what we would have done.

difference is Detroit obviously doesn't rely on Hossa, where as Crosby is relied on by the Pens. Hossa =/= Crosby

Seriously you come in here talking about how greatful we should be to have a fan like you here, but when you just vomit out stupid statements it's hard not to think of you as a troll.

Don't bother. He will never argue with facts. He ignores them until people are done talking about them then takes a jab at someone/something else.

I ask him direct questions over and over and he ignores them. He can't argue his point. He can only throw stones. Like I said earlier, just make something up and use hyperbole. This is more like it:

The Penguins are Ku Klux Klan sympathizers.

Again, I posted the thread in the form of a question, as in IS HE? having a meltdown. I never said he WAS -- and that possibility was based on the facts that a) he had let in some pretty soft goals, pretty uncharacteristically, and b) had a weird altercation with a member of the ice crew. That seemed like some strange behavior to me. I posted an opinion, and again, I ASKED if he was having a bit of a mental lapse -- I never claimed he was, 100 percent positive.

Is that really so hard to understand?

Do you think any team's fanbase would react kindly to a thread by another team's fan posing the question if one of their best players is choking/about to meltdown/past their prime/dirty/etc?

And again, that was an actual hockey-related comment.

Just because it is hockey related doesn't mean you are free to post whatever you like on the subject without anger.

Also for the Staal thing -- what part of "that's just a feeling" don't you understand? I didn't say "oh now the series is over, I just know it." I said Staal's turnaround goal gave me a certain feeling the Pens might be turning the tide. That and $4.50 will get me a coffee at Starbuck's. What's your big gloat here, people?

Why tell Wings fans that you have a feeling the Staal goal turned things around? Once again, your opinion based on how the series will turn out (based on one goal which may or may have not done something for the Pens) is not going to be agreed upon or disagreed with without hostility. Once again it is like going to your neighbor's house and making positive comments toward yourself while assuming in some way your neighbor will fail.

Use than analogy when you post and you shouldn't have a problem with the majority of the posters here.