• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Marty Midnight

Reason to like this Stanley cup final.

Rate this topic

The Pens have the momentum now, but the Wings had it just as big on Monday, and they are heading for Detroit.

Both teams can be propositioned to be the prospective winner of the series with equally good arguments. You couldn't assemble any two other teams in the league and have the quality of players that play now before us. Goals are even. Series is tied. Both teams have a great chance to take the cup, and it all goes on the line in game five.

Whatever the outcome, whether it be in 6 games or 7, and no matter who wins this series, we have some great hockey before us.

Here's to it thus far.

The Pens have the momentum now, but the Wings had it just as big on Monday, and they are heading for Detroit.

Both teams can be propositioned to be the prospective winner of the series with equally good arguments. You couldn't assemble any two other teams in the league and have the quality of players that play now before us. Goals are even. Series is tied. Both teams have a great chance to take the cup, and it all goes on the line in game five.

Whatever the outcome, whether it be in 6 games or 7, and no matter who wins this series, we have some great hockey before us.

Here's to it thus far.

Good post. I honestly believe the game 5 winner will win the series.

It's too bad Dats couldn't play the whole series to let the entire star power shine for both teams.

Good point. If he plays from game one at 100%, I'm not sure the Pens get to this point. I feel he'll definitely be back, but I not sure how much of him is going to be on the ice when he returns. Since the water is passed under the bridge it becomes impossible to say for sure.

Edited by Marty Midnight

I think game 5 will be totally another story than game 4.

The only thing we can expect is really poor PK from Detroit, this has been the case throughout all playoffs.

I think the wings will bounce back and outwork Pitt. But if the pens manage to clinch the game anyway, wings are dead in 6. Most series we lost over the last years were in 6 with similar scenarios. Kings, Avs series were sweeps coming back from 0-2 for instance.

Guest Shoreline

We're really going to see what these Wings are made of and how well they can fight off adversity in the biggest stage. They managed well the only time before these playoffs, which was during the Anaheim series. Hopefully they're up to the task tomorrow.

Even if the Guins win game 5 I keep remembering 02 against Colorado when we were down 3-2 as well.

I also always try to remember this whenever the Wings have gone down 3-2 in a series. It just hasn't ever worked out the same way since ;p