riples187h.png

fantasy_g_fleury_300.jpg41856_feature.jpg

PIT Marc-Andre Fleury

14-7, 2.60 GAA, .909 SV %, 0 SO

DET Chris Osgood

14-6, 2.07 GAA, .925 SV %, 1 SO

riples187i.png

PIT Mike Zigomanis (shoulder) out

DET Pavel Datsyuk (foot) probable, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out, Tomas Kopecky (facial injuries) out

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Huge huge HUGE game tonight! Wings gotta come out flying and firing on all cylinders.

Skate hard fellas! No sitting back. Take it to the Pens the second the puck drops till the sound of the final buzzer.

I want a WIN. I expect one. Wings take it 5-1.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!

OZZIE! OZZIE! OZZIE!

Go, our beloved Red Wings. Shut 'em all up. The Pittsburgh players, their fans, their coaches, and oh yeah, the media.

Win this and you get almost three days off, boys.

We love you. We support you. SO GO KICK SOME PITTSBURGH ASS!!!!

Edited by Vladifan

Alright boys, it's DO or DIE time! Please, please play your game! A solid 60 minute effort from everybody! No sitting back! Take the early lead and hold on to the damn thing! I have total faith they will win this game!

:siren: :siren: Let's Go Wings! :siren: :siren:

The war has turned.

With two battles won, the end of the war was in sight and victory songs had already been begun to be sung across the homeland. But fate is a fickle mistress, and four battles into the war, we find ourselves needing to regroup after two crushing loses. Will luck turn it's favor towards us again, or are we destined to face it's wrath...

Alas, Fate will favor those who do for themselves, for she is always changing with the wind. It is our task, our divine task to defend the homeland from our dark enemy, a victory here and a quick thrust into the heart of the flightless bird, and we shall hear the songs we deserve sung, but only if we give everything we have, our lives for the battle, leave with victories touch or leave with nothing, for any other way, there shall be no tomorrow.

May the sun rise red over our enemies and may they know terror of our vengeance for the wrongs committed against us...

Go Wings.

Edited by Rikadyn

The war has turned.

With two battles won, the end of the war was in sight and victory songs had already been begun to be sung across the homeland. But fate is a fickle mistress, and four battles into the war, we find ourselves needing to regroup after two crushing loses. Will luck turn it's favor towards us again, or are we destined to face it's wrath...

Alas, Fate will favor those who do for themselves, for she is always changing with the wind. It is our task, our divine task to defend the homeland from our dark enemy, a victory here and a quick thrust into the heart of the flightless bird, and we shall hear the songs we deserve sung, but only if we give everything we have, our lives for the battle, leave with victories touch or leave with nothing, for any other way, there shall be no tomorrow.

May the sun rise red over our enemies and may they know terror of our vengeance for the wrongs committed against us...

Go Wings.

:g::shock::omg::colgate::yowza::w00t2::champs:

WELL SAID!

GO WINGS 4-1, NO SACRIFICE NO VICTORY! HAIL TO THE KINGS BABY!

Please, Wings, for the love of god, just play a full 60 minutes as though you actually care this time and everything will sort itself out. I missed my brother's freaking graduation for game 4, I'm bringing as much empathy as I can, now it's your turn.

Let's go Wings!! I'll be wearing my lucky Yzerman jersey. Here's hoping Hossa comes up big this game and Dats provides a huge spark for the rest of the team.

Jump on them early and take away all their momentum.

Perhaps Pavel Datsyuk's return can become a 'Willis Reed' moment. For those of you unfamiliar with what that is, read on:

It was Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals, and nobody knew if Willis Reed would play. The center and captain of the New York Knicks had suffered a torn muscle in his right thigh during Game 5 against the Los Angeles Lakers, and had not played in Game 6 when Wilt Chamberlain's 45 points and 27 rebounds enabled the Lakers to tie the series at 3-3.

When the teams took the floor for pre-game warmups, Reed was not with his New York teammates. He remained in the lockerroom, deep in the bowels of the building.

"I wanted to play," Reed recalls. "That was for the championship, the one great moment you play for all your life. I didn't want to have to look at myself in the mirror 20 years later and say I wished I had tried to play."

Reed took an injection to dull the pain in his leg, and just moments before tipoff he limped through the tunnel and onto the court. Waves of cheers cascaded down from the Garden stands as fans caught sight of the Knicks' captain, a sight that was not lost on New York's opponents.

"I saw the whole Laker team standing around staring at this man," said Knicks guard Walt Frazier. "When I saw that, when they stopped warming up, something told me we might have these guys!"

http://www.nba.com/history/reedwins_moments.html

Just win. It's do or die time, boys, and every last one of us KNOWS you have it in you. Come out firing, come out hard, and come out strong. Show Pittsburgh why we, the Detroit Red Wings, were the last team to win back-to-back championships.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!

So, what jersey will it be this time around, white Lidstrom, red Zetterberg, or blank WC? I had a great streak going wearing the Lidstrom with only two losses in the playoffs when wearing it; I swapped for the Zetterberg one for game 3 against the Hawks and promptly swapped back. The last two games are making me think the away jersey juju is starting to dry up, though.