• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jasper84

Game 5 outside the Joe

Rate this topic

I'm sure as many of you know through the news, radio, and red wings mailing lists, they are having festivities outside the Joe starting at 4pm today, with food, beer, etc.. now my question for those who may know is, yesterday the talk on 97.1 was that they may possibly have big screens set up to watch the game outside the Joe, as they think it would be kind of odd to have all that stuff and then not show the game. Does anyone know for sure if they will have screens set up? The last thing I want to do is end up going to have a good time out there, then end up stuck without being able to watch the game.

I haven't been home since Easter but are they not showing it at Hockeytown Cafe? I clearly recall Game 5 of last year's Finals being on NBC and shown on that giant screen they had set up on the patio. I'm pretty positive actually because that night turned out pretty rough. Hope this might of helped.

Here's to the outcome of tonight's Game 5 being quite different. GO WINGS

When I was up in Detroit during game 4 of the conference finals, they don't even have the big screen outside of Hockeytown Cafe anymore. All it is now is a picture of Hank.

Shoooot. Yeah, thinking about it now, watching the game outside the Joe would be a lot different than Hockeytown thinking that you would be right outside the action as opposed to a People-Mover ride away.

I don't think NBC allows them to show it on a screen outside. Enjoy your activities, but to catch the game your going to need to be in the joe, at bar or in a living room.

CBC?

CBC?

they (wings uppers) are and were only going to press the "getting rights" issue if and only if it was a clinching game.... so possibly cbc for a joe vision in game 6. the wings have to do their part and not play s***ty to have that happen.