• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greetings from Blueland

For what reason to people hate Lidstrom?

Rate this topic

Consider the source though. This is a typical Pittsburgh fan. I'm sure the same guy thinks that Lidstrom should be looking up to #87 for etiquette and class lessons, as well as how to conduct yourself as a captain.

Oh yeah, because Cindy is such a class act...:rolleyes: NOT!

If this isn't a joke then those comments are dumber than that one kid who complained that the home team supplies the sticks and that's the reason why the Pens lose.

But no, this person may actually be an individual that watches the game with a decent IQ and forms an opinion like that? The sticks kid was ignorant but this Lidstrom hater is a real fool.

I'm sorry, what? How can anyone hate Nick? He's basically the Swedish Steve Yzerman and I don't know ANYONE who hated him.

My sister just told me to add that the Pens fan's opinion is "unacceptable" and that Nick is a "fine gentleman". I couldn't agree more.

I am shocked anyone hates Nick. He has never won the Lady Byng trophy but he is one of gentle players I have seen in my life. If the guy who wrote this gawky post wants to justify Nick is a dirty or classless player, his team's captain has to be clean.

Nick's throughout career: Believe his average PIM is less than 2:00. Never gets kicked out from the game by taking game misconduct. He is 38 years old(right?).

Crosby's throughout career: Got kicked out from the game against the Panthers by making classless fight and slashed Zetterberg tonight by frustration. On TSN, I just saw his interview and one reporter asked

Reporter: Sid, what do you think about your slash on Zetterberg?

Sid: This is the playoff, it is intense. Anything can happen.

Now, who is more classless? Ask yourself

I've honestly never in my entire life heard of anybody disliking Lidstrom.

There was a thread on the Penguins official message board a few days ago saying that Yzerman was the only respectable Wing. Someone else responded that he's not giving Lidstrom enough credit.. and everybody after that agreed that Lidstrom is one of the most respectable players in the league.

That guy is on some serious drugs.. and I truly hope his fellow Pens fans gave him a big "WTF-U-TALKIN-BOUT?"

Can we PLEASE stop bringing all the jack ass comments from the Pens board over onto here? Jesus H Christ, already. If I wanted to know every single thing said about the Wings on the Penguins site, I would have registered. PLEASE, for the love of GOD, leave it over there. WHO GIVES A RAT'S ASS WHAT ANY OF THEM THINK? 7 Norris Trophies. Fk.

but i like reading asinine and ludicrous comments, jake, but how anyone can hate lidstrom is beyond me. there are some players that you just cant hate like Stevie, Lids and Sakic

This is an actual post from the Penguins' message board - I edited grammar and wording to make it somewhat readable...

I can understand people not liking Detroit's style of play, I can understand them not liking Holmstrom in front of the net, but I cannot, for the love of me, figure out what can make a person hate Lidstrom with as much infuriating passion as the above poster. Has he done something wrong, ever? Someone enlighten me.

Where did you find that post? I just gotta read the comments. :lol:

"QUOTE (87 is the Next One)

For me, this is why I hate Detroit. There is one player that I hate more than any other in the entire League. More than that goon Kronwall, more than cocky Osgood, and more than the traitor Hossa: Lidstrom. The guy is more full of himself than any other player (even Osgood!) and his so-called "Norris-winning" shut-down defense consists of nothing more than illegal elbows and goon crosschecks. The only reason he is considered good at all is because as we all know, the refs have it in for Detroit, and he is never called for any of his penalties. If nothing else, even if Pittsburgh does not win, I only wish for one of our guys to put him out of the game, and to put him back in his place. Lidstrom, and his classless European style hockey has no place in this League, and I can only hope that he gets what's coming to him. Ugh... go Pens."

HA HA HA HA HA

Can't someone help this poor kid out? Tell him that the guy wearing no. 87 is called CROSBY.

If "The Next One" and "The should´ve been suspended One" took some lessons from Lidström maybe the Pens could win the Cup sometime in the future (although very doubtful)

Lets go Wings

This is an actual post from the Penguins' message board - I edited grammar and wording to make it somewhat readable...

I can understand people not liking Detroit's style of play, I can understand them not liking Holmstrom in front of the net, but I cannot, for the love of me, figure out what can make a person hate Lidstrom with as much infuriating passion as the above poster. Has he done something wrong, ever? Someone enlighten me.

I see Crosby's mom had a little bit too much rum Last night.

Hopefully the Penguins fan you quoted isn't a true representaive of the Penguins fan base.

Not liking Lidstrom because he's so damned good and not on your team, all right. Fans are going to be fans. Not sure what else there is to dislike about him. He's not a jackass, he doesn't talk s**t, he's a easily likable person I think.

Has he kicked dogs in his life or something?

Judging from their description of how Lids plays, I'd say he never watches hockey other than Pens games when they're winning.