• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greetings from Blueland

For what reason to people hate Lidstrom?

Rate this topic

This is an actual post from the Penguins' message board - I edited grammar and wording to make it somewhat readable...

For me, this is why I hate Detroit. There is one player that I hate more than any other in the entire League. More than that goon Kronwall, more than cocky Osgood, and more than the traitor Hossa: Lidstrom. The guy is more full of himself than any other player (even Osgood!) and his so-called "Norris-winning" shut-down defense consists of nothing more than illegal elbows and goon crosschecks. The only reason he is considered good at all is because as we all know, the refs have it in for Detroit, and he is never called for any of his penalties. If nothing else, even if Pittsburgh does not win, I only wish for one of our guys to put him out of the game, and to put him back in his place. Lidstrom, and his classless European style hockey has no place in this League, and I can only hope that he gets what's coming to him. Ugh... go Pens.

I can understand people not liking Detroit's style of play, I can understand them not liking Holmstrom in front of the net, but I cannot, for the love of me, figure out what can make a person hate Lidstrom with as much infuriating passion as the above poster. Has he done something wrong, ever? Someone enlighten me.

I've read a lot of funny things today, but that takes the cake.

Lids is about as humble and clean as they come. Not saying he's perfect, but...oh, who am I kidding- he's Mr. Perfect.

This is an actual post from the Penguins' message board - I edited grammar and wording to make it somewhat readable...

I can understand people not liking Detroit's style of play, I can understand them not liking Holmstrom in front of the net, but I cannot, for the love of me, figure out what can make a person hate Lidstrom with as much infuriating passion as the above poster. Has he done something wrong, ever? Someone enlighten me.

Lidstrom a goon?? Full of himself? Classless? :rotflmao:

What alternate universe is this person watching hockey from?? Lids is one of the LEAST penalized players in the NHL - it's news when he takes a penalty! He's widely considered to be one of the best, if not THE best, defenceman in NHL history!! Plus, he's a total class act and he's probably one of the least conceited guys in the league.

Cleary this dorkmeister doesn't have a clue about hockey.

wow I certainly hope that man gets IP banned from this site before he even has a chance to visit us. There is a difference between having an opinion and being a total ******* moron. Seriously if someone ever said such a stupid statement to me and was convinced I would smack them, i hopes to knock some sense. Simply put this is proof Darwinism does not exsist.

It's so opposite of reality that i have a feeling that it's mostly jest.

This gives me a thought - could this guy have been kidding, and I not notice it?

I will say that this guy DEFINITELY seemed serious...

eh, whether or not our guys win, I still can take consolation in the fact that idiots like the aforementioned live in Pittsburgh.

Hasn't Lidstrom won a Lady Bing award?

Hes never won the Byng, but hes been nominated at least a few times. But as everyone knows, he might as well have. He has ONE roughing penalty to his name in 1200+ games. There isnt a more "sportsmanlike" or "gentlemanly" player in the league.

Cleary this dorkmeister doesn't have a clue about hockey.

Consider the source though. This is a typical Pittsburgh fan. I'm sure the same guy thinks that Lidstrom should be looking up to #87 for etiquette and class lessons, as well as how to conduct yourself as a captain.

Edited by RoninJai

The fact that this guy posted this, tells us one thing:

We should be welcoming him to hockey, since he obviously just discovered it in time for the playoffs!

*Shrug* Maybe he thinks the fact that no commentator, no broadcaster, no analyst in the league would ever say anything is less than the best.

I wasn't aware that they issued Norris Trophies to Defenseman multiple times for being nothing more than some cheap elbows and crosschecks.

I guess Babcock must be as delusional as the media to play Lidstrom the most of any Defenseman.

I guess Bowman was blinded when he brought Lidstrom to glory, and quoted him as being a huge reason for any, and all of Detroit's cups.

N00bz will be n00bz :)

Lol I dunno, I read it again and honestly, I agree with an above poster.

I think it HAS to be a joke. Someone trying to bring out the worst in Pittsburgh fans :)

This line gives it away "Him and his classless European style hockey".

Everyone, and I mean even non-hockey fans, know that European hockey is among the cleanest of all. If he was actually that dumb, it would imply he was new to the game, and if he was new to the game, I doubt he could have been bright enough to even know Lidstrom was a European player.

Honestly, I think it is a joke :)

-----

Someone should go post that Datsyuk can't be that great, since all we've seen him do is hog the puck, and break up good plays. Imply that his takeaways are actually interference, and they should add a new penalty called "Puck Hogging" simply because of him :)

-----

I know there are a lot of really dumb, overly emotional Pitts fans on those boards. But I am nearly positive some of the worst of them, are fake fans loving making them look like fools.

Edited by truebladearmy

Illegal elbows and goon crosschecks? Does Lidstrom even touch other players?

Yea, I think I see the source of the hate: Nick Lidstrom has more talent in his left buttock on a tuesday than that guy has in his entire life.

obviously the Pens poster has never met Mr. Lidstrom. The man is the classiest, most humble person I've ever talked to.

As far as his on ice talent--"Norris Nick" says it all. The man is the best d man in the league--if not all time. He has a great sense of stick movement and defends with the least physical contact in the nhl.

The poster is just angry because Nick has shut down their cry baby. Basically, he's the best baby sitter in the league--on skates. :)

Edited by WingsNick5