• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

talex

MVP - Ozzie or Hank

Rate this topic

Well, there are several other goalies out there that, in my opinion, could have made the saves ozzie has made. I don't think there is one player in the league that is capable of shutting down Crosby the way Z has.

The Wings would not have beaten Anaheim or Chicago without Ozzie outplaying Hiller and Khabibulin/Huet, respectively. Both of those series could have gone the other way if Ozzie were not as sharp.

If Detroit wins, it almost has to go to Ozzie. Although I really wouldn't be surprised to see them giving it to Malkin just because.

Personally I want to see Ozzie get it more than anybody, just for the fact that he never gets any credit what so ever. He has been fantasic, and the Wings would not have gotten this far without him. Certianly a far cry from being the weak link he was pegged as at the start of the post season.

OZZIE!!!

Guest mindfly

Zetterberg no doubt... seem to be a trend to pick goalies for playoff MVP but shutting down opponents top guns is the most important thing imo

Edited by mindfly

This would be a very hard choice. Up until the Final I would have said Ozzie and if he ends up being the choice I am completely ok with it. But Hank has really stepped it up against Crosby. The other thing is, and the CBC broadcast mentioned this last night, is that he's had to play against Nash, Getzlaf, and Toews/Kane throughout these playoffs and has done a pretty solid job of shutting them all down. I would vote for Hank, but only by a slight margin. If the Wings win the order should be:

1. Hank

2. Ozzie

3. Cleary

If Z keeps playing like this the last game (or 2) he should win it, Ozzie havent been "amazing" this SCF, dont get me wrong he has done what he is supposed to but not more.

Ugh, this is really tough. I'd love to see Ozzie win it, but I think I'm going to have to go with Hank. What he has done to Crosby, who had dominated through three rounds, has been nothing short of amazing. I understand that it's a playoff award, not a Finals award, but the Finals should play the largest role if you're a voter.

He's playing shutdown defense, he's scoring, he's winning faceoffs, and he's not backing down. He steps it up in the biggest games of the year and he's showing the heart and desire to win that make me extremely happy that he is going to be the next captain of the Detroit Red Wings.

So, Hank for Conn Smythe.

I have to go with Osgood here.

I know the finals have a lot of weight but this isn't last year.

First round, the Wings came out flat and that's a understatement. Osgood not only held the fort but posted under a goal a game until his injury in the forth game. It wasn't Z shutting down Nash, it was Lids.

Second round

Most people I've seen comment have felt it was Osgood that made the difference in that series, especially game 7.

Third round

Games 4 & 5, No Lids, no Pav and a handful of others, Osgood was there.

There is a reason Ozzie got the first star in the first two games of the cup. When you are out shot, out played and you still win, it's your goalie that does it for you.

If Ozzie had let in a bunch of softies in game four, it would be one thing. He didn't stand a chance on some of those when the team just let him down. What goalie stops cross ice pass goal from a 2 on 1.

Last nights shutout after being 2-2 in the series was big. Most goalies would get first star for that.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Z, his job on Crosby has been brilliant. Just remember he was one of the ones asleep in the first round when Ozzie was keeping them in it and for a while there it looked like he was only going to score ENG's. There is also no question how much Dats means to this team.

Ozzie started last years cup with a pair of SO's and it didn't get him Chit, maybe this year he can end it with a pair and get some respect.

Well, there are several other goalies out there that, in my opinion, could have made the saves ozzie has made. I don't think there is one player in the league that is capable of shutting down Crosby the way Z has.

A hypothesis doesn't count it the playoffs.

Unless Zetterberg comes up in a monster performance in the next game (or two if there are two), you gotta give it to Osgood. Nothing against Zetterberg whatsoever obviously given what he's done so far in the playoffs. People in here have clamored for Osgood to steal games here and there for a change and that he doesn't make big saves before the playoffs started. While he certainly hasn't "carried" this team alone in the playoffs, he's certainly done more than his fair share and kept the Wings in games with big saves when the rest of the team has floundered at times, and has stolen a game here and there. I think he was he biggest reason the Wings won games 1 and 2 of this series.

Hank is the heart of this team. With Pavel out, he's been the one we've relied on. Look at those saves he made in the crease in Game 1 and 2, when Ozzie was beaten. Look at how frustrated he's got Crosby.

He's the MVP in my eyes.

That said, I have some money on Ozzie winning the Smythe, and I think he's been amazing as well.

Let's just win the cup and I don't care if Lebda wins MVP.

Assuming that we do win the series, my MVP would have to be Z. He's been an absolute beast this series shutting down Crosby- which Ozzie couldn't do himself. Hank has been like having two goalies on the ice. Z is the MVP.

It's tough not to say Z... But I think we wouldn't be in the finals with anyone in net other then Ozzy, and in the finals alone, without Ozzie I don't see us winning games 1 and 2(I don't want to take anything away from Z, I know he's been stellar this series too).

Edited by Kween78

i think it should go to ozzie if we finish it off and he has another solid performance. i think he's only had one bad game this whole playoffs and that was game 4 vs. columbus but he had a bit of an injury. i guess you could say game 3 in the finals wasnt the best, but peopl cannot bring up game 4, he had no chance on all of those goals cuz his defence abadoned him.

Also after all the criticism this guy's had throughout this season and his whole career really, wouldnt it be great for him to finally get an individual trophy?

Edited by wmubronco420

OZZIE 100%

At the beginning of this series I called the wings for the cup,and one of the babies will win the Conn Smythe. :thumbdown:

The NHL needs to make more commercials for next year on how great their posters boys are.

Gotto make the fans happy at game 6 by giving them something to cheer about,before we lift the chalice. :thumbup:

Ozzie all the way, not to take away from Z and the rest of the gang, but Ozzie has been solid and has come up big when he needed to. He deserves his due.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going with Ozzie. I don't want to undercut Zetterberg, but he's only been REALLY noticable this series. He's been solid all along, but he's been crucial this particular series. Ozzie has been there performing the entire playoff run. He kept us in that Anaheim series and has saved us in the Pittsburgh series at times. Not to mention all the crap Ozzie has had to take from people, he really deserves some recognition.