• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

talex

MVP - Ozzie or Hank

Rate this topic

Although the series is not over, I think it is ok to ask who thinks the Wings MVP has been so far? I know the media will probably favor Ozzie, but I say Z all the way, he played great in both loses and has been a rock all series. For Pitt it is obviously the newly discovered Goon Malkin. No matter how the series ends up, so far total series I still say Z has been the most solid consistent player for either team. Thought I would throw this out because they announce it so fast after the series ends and it could end on Tuesday in Pitt just like last year.

On a side note, it would really suck to be a Pitt fan and have Hossa finally break out Tuesday and ends up with a nice Skate with the cup in the Igloo...

I'd really love Ozzie to get it because of all he's done throughout the playoffs so far but Hank has been an absolute beast all series and really, we wouldn't be up 3-2 without him.

Just for curiosity's sake, has a player ever won back-to-back Conn Smythes?

Interesting. After 3 series, I would've said Ozzy by a long shot. But after this series, I'm going to have to go with Hank. Without him shutting down Crosby, we'd be a sunken ship already. I love Ozzy, but we saw what happened when the Pens offensive got in gear - it wasn't pretty. Hank is putting up points and owning the best of the best on both sides of the ice.

Interesting. After 3 series, I would've said Ozzy by a long shot. But after this series, I'm going to have to go with Hank. Without him shutting down Crosby, we'd be a sunken ship already. I love Ozzy, but we saw what happened when the Pens offensive got in gear - it wasn't pretty. Hank is putting up points and owning the best of the best on both sides of the ice.

This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs MVP, not Stanley Cup Finals MVP, I'm still four rounds of hockey, still saying Ozzie.

Bernie Parent ('74, '75) and Mario ('91, '92) did it.

So it's not really that common an occurrence. I'd be more than thrilled with either of them winning it as I feel both of them deserve it. Maybe they could share and make everyone happy.

Yep, Hank has just been a beast. Ozzie has been so consistent through the playoffs though. Still wouldn't be surprised if Malkin or Crosby are named. This has happened before. If the Wings win, the NHL's whole media campaign goes to hell. Just an observation with at the most 2 games left.

Edited by Vladiator

The Smythe isn't based on the finals, it's given to the player that has been the most valuable to his team throughout the the entire playoffs and because of that Ozzie most definitely deserves it. He's stood on his head the moment the '09 post season started. He's stole games and given the Wings a chance to win each and every game. He should get it IF Wings win the Cup.

The Smythe isn't based on the finals, it's given to the player that has been the most valuable to his team throughout the the entire playoffs and because of that Ozzie most definitely deserves it. He's stood on his head the moment the '09 post season started. He's stole games and given the Wings a chance to win each and every game. He should get it IF Wings win the Cup.

Absolutely, and it's definitely miles above what we saw from him in the regular season.

Yes, the Conn Smythe isn't for the Final only, but the Final should hold the most weight. I had Oz ahead by a hair through 3 rounds, but Z has been beastly so far against Sid (not that he was a slouch in the first 3 rounds). Zetterberg gets my vote as the repeat Conn Smythe winner.