• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hopjef

Anyone else have to work DURING the games?

Rate this topic

"so what i tried doing was downloading torrent files (a LGW member graciously helped me out with this) but unfortunately, the chinese government prhibits certain files from being accessable because they literally dont want certain information available to its citizens."

Lmao.. well, I need to get my eyes checked. Sonofa.. I will stop replying now.

Lmao.. well, I need to get my eyes checked. Sonofa.. I will stop replying now.

^

^

Alowicious, Dont you have work to do... lol

:P

martyrme19, good luck with fining a way to watch the game.

GO WINGS!

I have to work...but, it's not really work.

I'm a home health aide.

And my client is a Wing nut.

So, we watch the games, and I do my work in between commercials!!!

Nine times out of ten, I stay later, and watch the entire game with him.

:)

LOL....

Got a call last night from HockeyMatters... Him and a few guys were watching a game on a 14" TV in a van that was parked in the middle of a soccer field do get reception...

I can just imagine them all driving around to get the rest reception... :lol:

Man is hardcore...

Edited by Rivalred

The only two games that I've been able to watch start to finish due to work are games 3 & 4. Go figure...

Nothing personal, but would you mind NOT watching Game 6, please!!! ;)

I work 6pm-6am central time Monday-Wed, and 6pm-mid Thurs. No tv. No radio. I don't have a cell phone.

I got cable a month ago so I would have NBC for the playoffs. I will be setting the VCR on Tuesday. I just avoid humans. Fortunately I live in an area where no one even knows it's the SCF unless they've asked about my bracelets.

When I get home, I read the GDT. It's tricky. I have to cover parts of the screen (get better with practice) and then read the posts and follow the game there. This does not work during the playoffs due to the updating of sigs and the little boxes on top, which are too hard to ignore. I did try to make the necessary edits to view without the sigs/avatars, but I still got an accidental glance at the boxes.

Oh well. It works during the regular season. The last game I had to work (game 3- took Thursday off) I just had a guy look it up on his phone.

Sorry I don't have any good tips. But I wanted you to know you're not alone.

I have to work for game 6, but would have 7 off. So, I'm kinda hoping for a Pens win so the Wings can take it at home.

We have a TV, but its hard fighting off all the people who would rather watch basketball instead of hockey.

I actually don't, but my boyfriend does. He's a supervisor at UPS and he works starting at 9:30 so he can't see the end of the game. I text him updates everything ANYTHING happens (a good hit, goal, penalty kill, whatever) and then he watches all the coverage afterward on nhl.com and any other website. Of course youtube for the big hits and whatnot.

Yes. Working evenings sucks. Miss the sunsets in the summer, hockey games throughout the season.

It's like a drop dead gorgeous woman, who also happens to be an anesthesiologist, telling you that she is going to put you to sleep and then have maniacal sex with you. You know something awesome is going on but you aren't able to experience it.

damn retail business... no such thing as getting the weekends off for me. :ranting: I'll get to watch game 7... then again I'm hoping it won't have to go that far.

I am ion retail also... 0 weekends for me rare to get weekends off.. and never a set schedule.

I have to work for game 6, but would have 7 off. So, I'm kinda hoping for a Pens win so the Wings can take it at home.

ugh dont ever hope for a loss in the finals. Thats rule number 1, you take it anyway you can get it.

I've worked for most of them. The only game I've been able to see and will be able to see was game 5.

I think I may be the only person grateful for NBC coverage, as I work in a nursing home, and well, a lot of residents watch the news and then don't change their channels, so I sometimes catch bits and pieces. Unfortunately, they're all usually in bed by 8:30. (I'm in Central time).

Although I do have computer access and am on yahoo sports checking the score as I'm charting.

I am having parents tape the next one for me, and anything after that.

I have an economics exam on during game 6, have no idea how im going to focus on it :lol:

I usually just torrent the games if i don't catch them live. Game 6 is being shown on pay tv over here though so ill record it and watch it when i get home.

I can never just go look at the score though, i have to watch it. Especially during the playoffs. Luckily its easy to avoid spoilers in this part of the world.

i work in the home theater department at best buy and actually put the 92" projector on just for the games and try to stay in that part for as long as i can. lucky i have game 6 off though. what i also do is on twitter i am following the redwings and have mobile updates from them sent to me so i get updates on the score usually right after they happen

Similar to the China dude...I'm in Japan. I work in a Japanese middle school. In the time I don't have classes, I watch the game on nhl.com in a tiny video in the corner of my screen. I get dirty looks but oh well. It's awful not being able to see playoff games.

Taking personal leave for game 6 for sure. I would rather be water boarded than miss the Wings win the cup.

Back in January I picked the first week of June as one of my vacation weeks (I work nights and would usually miss most of the 3rd and any OT). I lucked into that working out perfectly last year so I tried to match it up again. I was on pins and needles for a while when there was a chance the Final wouldn't start until the 5th. Then the second the schedule came out I requested Tuesday off so I wouldn't miss a potential game 6 (I work Sunday through Thursday so a Friday game is good anyway).

With careful planning and a little bit of luck you don't have to miss a game!

I'm stationed in Korea, so the games are all on at 9am in the morning. For weekend games it's no big deal, but for Weekday games I always find something "important" that I have to do, that usually takes me all morning :)

If that fails, We generally have the nhl.com radio/scoreboard up where I work.

i have been very fortunate. i go into work at 5 pm (i live in wyoming so the cup final games have started at 6 my time) and since i deliver pizzas i have to hope and pray that i dont deliver to anyone that is watching the games/highlights so i can watch it on my DVR when i get home.(not that many hockey fans here) to make matters worse i work with a penguins fan who is always checking the scores on his phone and always lets me know that he knows the score, but he knows not to tell me or he will get a swift kick in the goolies. but i have been very fortunate and havent heard any of the scores till i get home. i am lucky enough that i have a very cool boss and he let me have tuesday off so i can watch game 6, he scheduled me from 5-10:30 on friday but he knows if it goes 7 to not expect me in.

he scheduled me from 5-10:30 on friday but he knows if it goes 7 to not expect me in.

That is awesome! I have work the day of game 7 too but i should be able to get the whole game in before my shift starts. (game starts at 8am here work starts at 12) If it goes to OT though....will ask for a few hours off my shift, hopefully they oblige.

Guest mindfly

Must be really tough working at nights...whatever happend to the good ol 9-5 schedule - mon-fri? :P

Edited by mindfly

I'm a firefighter and will be working Friday night but hopefully it wont be required!!

Games start at 1am here in Britain so if it is needed hopefully nobody will decide to burn their house down that night!! :unsure: