• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
helmster

What our chances of winning @ Game 6?

Rate this topic

I like our chances now that we have Datsyuk back. He really lifted the teams spirits. If Cleary had any ailing injuries (like was speculated), I am sure any and all the pain went away after scoring that goal.

The 2 full days of rest is a HUGE favor for our team. We need this rest more than anything.

I am feeling pretty good about our chances!

The wings look like a complete team again with Datsyuk in. They all look much more confident. That, plus the extra day of rest is going to be huge. I like our chances more to win this game than I did in the previous 2 away games.

Penguins looked lost out there when they had to defend against Datsyuk. It threw off their entire game plan and they didn't know how to respond... it frustrated them to no end.

I'm not too sure. For some reason, I have a pretty good feeling about it. The Wings can taste the Cup now and I know we'll see a better effort than we saw in Game 4. I think it's going to come down to the third period. I do agree with some of my fellow posters who think that the extra day's rest will be a HUGE factor for Game 6.

I like the Wings in a one goal game, but I'm also a little bit biased.

I think now that they have a chance to clinch they're not going to take their foot of the Pens throats. It's not going to be easy though.

Edited by robat

I have to say I think that early penalty last game actually worked in our favor. We came out and shut them down without a shot on that pk and they had to know that this was going to be a different game with Datsyuk in. I think the backbreaker too was Rafi stopping the breakaway without a stick that could have been a 2 on 1.

I definitely like our chances of winning in their building far more than the converse. I don't expect it to be easy. After that meltdown, I would hope that Crosby & Malkin decide to be quality leaders of their team and have a good game. And I hope that is not enough, that the power of Dats, Z, Hoss, Mule, Liddy, Raf, Kronner, etc is just way too much for anyone to handle. I think our boys will play their best road game of the series, far surpassing game 3 that they played well enough to win if not for poor special teams and poor calls putting them in those special teams situations.

I just get a feeling that Hossa is working his bum off, and while it hasn't resulted in a huge offensive outburst, he sure has got us a lot of puck control, shots, and chances. I think he'll finally break through in whatever game we win, be it 6 or 7.

Think Ozzie will be focused and ready. Dats was great at whatever health level he was at yesterday. A little rusty out of the gate but he brushed that off quickly and was a major factor. He should be even better with a few more days rest. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Pav & Hank split lines to get better coverage of 87 & 71 without the last change.

I'm looking forward to a great game and really think we can close it out in Pittsburgh on Tuesday!

I like our chances. The key will be to score early. Getting that first goal and sustaining the pressure will be huge. If we can kill the buzz in the arena, and get in Pittsburgh's head, we should be in a good position.