• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
grindlinelove

Big Question

Rate this topic

So, NBC has been a bunch of little nancy's and denied us a feed for JoeVision.

But here's the big question, what can the NHL/NBC actually DO to the Red Wings organization if Illitch says "eff off" and throws it up on the screen and has a Joe Vision anyway??? Now, if they do it w/o permission and charge, big issues, I know this. BUT, say they dropped the $5 charge and didn't sell concessions? Then, there's no profiting.

What I'm asking is, just how big of a fine/lawsuit would result? Stupid question, I know.

So, NBC has been a bunch of little nancy's and denied us a feed for JoeVision.

But here's the big question, what can the NHL/NBC actually DO to the Red Wings organization if Illitch says "eff off" and throws it up on the screen and has a Joe Vision anyway??? Now, if they do it w/o permission and charge, big issues, I know this. BUT, say they dropped the $5 charge and didn't sell concessions? Then, there's no profiting.

What I'm asking is, just how big of a fine/lawsuit would result? Stupid question, I know.

doesn't matter tho... CBC stepped up and helped us out

now a bigger question is.... IS NBC GOING TO ALLOW THE OUTDOOR SCREEN AT MELLON AT GAME 6 while denying us the outdoor screen hart plaza for game 5????

doesn't matter tho... CBC stepped up and helped us out

now a bigger question is.... IS NBC GOING TO ALLOW THE OUTDOOR SCREEN AT MELLON AT GAME 6 while denying us the outdoor screen hart plaza for game 5????

Did they allow it for game 1 and 2? I don't remember seeing it on TV, so I'm not sure.

Did they allow it for game 1 and 2? I don't remember seeing it on TV, so I'm not sure.

this is different though... i am talking about the screen VS let happen for the Mellon home games... NBC shot down an attempt to allow us to have an outdoor screen at heart plaza last night for our home game... and Mellon is known for the outdoor screen during home games.

Well, in regards to the outdoor screen at Mellon, I do not belive they charge. I am not sure if the Pens organization sells refreshments or gear there, but if it's only street vendors and what not, then I can see how NBC might not have a beef with it, as opposed to JoeVision which charges (however very minimally) and all that jazz.

Well, in regards to the outdoor screen at Mellon, I do not belive they charge. I am not sure if the Pens organization sells refreshments or gear there, but if it's only street vendors and what not, then I can see how NBC might not have a beef with it, as opposed to JoeVision which charges (however very minimally) and all that jazz.

NBC doesn't allow it any more, but Versus did, just for publicity. So, since the rest of the series is on NBC, you won't see it.

Actually I have another question. Someone said that they NBC didn't give the Wings the rights to have Joe vision. Now, games 3 and 4 were aired by Versus, so why would NBC have a say? Or was the rights situation just for game 5 (screen) and 6 (joe vision)?