• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hack & Whack Rule!

I've Got My Socks On!

Rate this topic

Okay, I wasn't sure if it worked or not, but after game 5, I'm totally sure.

For games 1 and 2, I was wearing a pair of Red Wings socks that my wife bought me. Games 3 and 4, I couldn't make it home in time to put them on. For game 5, I had on the socks. Hmmm...I think it helps!

For the record, they are clean socks (I got a pack of 8 pairs).

What do you do as a playoff superstition, and will you make sure you are on board with it for game 6?

Guest Shoreline

I've had a few of them, like my sitting/standing posture for the game, or how many posts I have, what activity I engage in between intermissions, and so forth, but they were all rather short lived so I won't be doing any of them on Tuesday, to my knowledge.

I have a Lidstrom jersey and a winter classic hoodie that have very little superstitious powers, so I can't wear them every game. As such, I can only pick the games that matter the most to wear them, and the Wings tend to win on those occasions.

I wore the Lids jersey on game 7 of the Ducks series, and wore the WCII jersey yesterday. I can't wear either on Tuesday because they're still in recovery mode, but Friday I'll wear the Lids jersey if I can find it (this last note may turn into a huge problem).

It can vary year to year. This year seems to be going running on playoff game-days. Games 1 and 2 I did the run. Games three and four I couldn't run so I just got my workout through weights. Well, I decided it was time to run again yesterday and WOOO!!!

I am worried however, of whether I'll have time to do it Tuesday. Drama. Grrrr....

I wore no Wings colors during Games 1 and 2... Game 3, I wore my Osgood jersey... Game 4, I wore a Wings t-shirt... Game 5, I wore no Wings colors.

I will be wearing a plain blue t-shirt on Tuesday. :cool:

Edited by Wingznut

I have 4 jerseys, Lidstrom, Z, Yzerman, Blank.....I started the playoffs with Lidstrom and I dont take a jersey off until we lose a game. When we lose I move onto the next one !!

I'm so ridiculous about superstitions. I wear certains shirts under my jersey, have certain drinks (smirinoff please) and even sit in certain seats. I also can't have my laptop open EVER during the game. Last year I managed during intermissions but this year I realized I couldn't after the second round. Nope. Every time I opened it during an intermission we lost to stupid Anaheim.

Yeah.

Can't post here on game days, I posted here during Ducks game 6, Penguins game 3. Also did t last year in some of the losses. No more posting for me on game days :D

I had a couple, and they worked for the wins in game 1 and 2, and then once the Wings lost 3 and 4, I stopped. I actually managed to sit mostly in one place last night, but usually I will change my position depending on what happens in the game.

Games 1, 2, and 5 were on NBC. 3 and 4 were on VS.

I will now only watch games on NBC, and will command that the league comply with my demands.

There aren't any more games on VS so I think everybodfy will be happy. :P

As for traditions, I either sit on my couch and turn on my TV if I'm watching the game at home, or sit at a table or barstool or stand in a restaurant/bar if I go out to watch a game. What can I say, I keep it simple and original. :D

well,

i always wear my yzerman jersey for every wings jersey. and after each game i kiss it when i take it off.

also i drink a pitcher of beer every period. if im falling behind i chug. and when i goto the bathroom to pee i pray to god for a wings win and ozzy to play amazing. everythime.

also before the game i take my ritual pre-game s***, where during i pray to "god" for a wings victory!

well sorry u asked