• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hack & Whack Rule!

I've Got My Socks On!

Rate this topic

I am really nuts with my superstitions (as is my entire family). I have a pair of plain red socks that I've had since the Wings beat the Avs in the WCF in '97. I wear them ONLY during the playoffs and they only get washed if they lose. They have had some smelly streaks. I can only watch the games on FSD or CBC and with certain people in certain places. At home I can only watch with my one friend and husband. At my dad's it can be anyone EXCEPT the one friend I watch with at home. At my sister's, my dad being there is bad luck. I am also really wierd about certain TVs, bathroom breaks, where I and other people are sitting and other ridiculous things.

A little OCD I guess.

I don't wear red and white on away game days, and very rarely for home games (unless I go to the Joe)

So I wear opposing team colors as a jinx...I've been wearing a lot of black this post-season!

I don't drink pop on game days...I don't know why, my brother did it in 97 and 98, but refused in 02, so I took it over (and it worked that year and in 08)...

And I don't read any news regarding any team on away game day...Each time I have this playoff year, we've lost...so this is my last post for the night, I'm leaving a 27 minutes window!

I always wear:

-2008 Championship hat

-Datsyuk winter classic t-shirt (will buy a jersey this summer, but don't want to change anything yet)

-Same pair of jeans

-Red/white/black pair of converses

-A red wings towel (from a game)

-(when not at the game) I have all my 2009 playoff ticket stubs near me (round 1 game 2, round 2 game 1, and finals games 1 and 5)

I actually don't wear Wings stuff while I'm watching the games, because I'm generally at home after work (except on the weekends) and wearing pajama pants and a t-shirt. My Wings t-shirts are generally too nice to be in the pajama drawer. Since game 4 of the Anaheim series, I've made a point of wearing a Penn State hockey t-shirt. We haven't been losing in a series since, so I'll stick with it until the bitter end. Also rocking the beard and follow the thing where you have to trim (very slightly) after losses to change the luck.

Not really superstitions, but I have a favorite couch cushion, and I get up and pace during TV timeouts. I also have a bottle of water handy at all times, and I tend to go Babs on the thing if something bad happens. I don't look at the GDTs on here, except during intermissions when we're losing. The idea there is that I'm looking for someone to say something to improve my outlook for the rest of the game. Sure there's a lot of negativity, but if I'm already feeling crappy, it doesn't really hurt.

Wow thought that I was screwed up. Yeah I make sure that every Wings shirt I have is washed and is on a hanger except the one I wear during the game. Been wearing my green Wings T for most of the wins including when they won it last year. I hate beards so I shave on game day (won't shave on any other day but game day). I only wear my Wings jersey to games that I go to. Crap, got to do some laundry now!!!!

It really varies between round. For this round the lucks seems to be me chewing a piece of gum when the television broadcast of the game starts, then immeadiately spitting it out before the drop of the puck. When I have done this, see games 1 2 and 5 the wings have won. In games 3 and 4 I didn't chew gum at all. Its a wierd thing, hopefully it works tomorrow.

I won't wear anything with a Red Wings logo on game days. Also banned on game days? Red clothing, Wings-related or not.

This shirt has been quite lucky throughout the playoffs, and I'll be wearing it for Game 6:

post-7247-1244524443.jpg

None for me but I usually come up with several during the games we end up losing (during the 3OT game against Anaheim I was not allowed to sit during the overtimes and stupid stuff like that). Therefore my superstition is to not have a superstition during the game.

Sit in the same place. Wear my Ozzie shirt and hat. Hold my Ozzie jersey in my hand. Wear my red and silver necklace beads. Post in the GDT right before the puck drops and not post again till after the game. Have my Kronner had next to me.

I also refuse to eat or drink until intermission. Mostly due to the fact that I am wayyyy too nervous and the thought of food or a drink makes me all yucky.

Wow thought that I was screwed up. Yeah I make sure that every Wings shirt I have is washed and is on a hanger except the one I wear during the game. Been wearing my green Wings T for most of the wins including when they won it last year. I hate beards so I shave on game day (won't shave on any other day but game day). I only wear my Wings jersey to games that I go to. Crap, got to do some laundry now!!!!

I have my Datsyuk jersey that doesn't get washed until the series is over but I broke tradition and had to wash the loss out after game 4 of this series. Seemed to work like a charm. From now on I'm going to wash it after a loss and we'll come back and kick some major butt.

I started all of these last year and it worked out pretty well I'd say:

-I wear a different jersey every game and rotate them in them in order whether the player is injured or not (Hank away, Pav away, Lids home and Hank WC). I also wear the "Bring Stanley Home" button that I got at game one of last year's finals.

-Speaking of last year's finals, I try to have the towel I got at that game and my '97 champs puck with me during the game. I didn't have them for the two games in Pittsburgh (long story) but I got them back for game five and look what happened.

-I wear the same Hank jersey shirt on all game days.

-Finally, I'm not extremely religious or anything but I say a prayer the night before every game.

Mine are the worst and my gf hates me for them.

I haven't shaved since game 1 against the bjs, when it is game time i kinda "puff" the beard up ive been doing that since last year . When I watch games at home I have a goal light i turn on when the wings score that only can be left on until the first goal replay is shown and only I can touch it. I went nuts on a few people that tried to use it . On game days I always wear my red pavel datsyuk jersey . If they win a game the day after I wear my Hossa jersey . The worst one might be that whenever I am in the car I will only put a volume number on the radio that corresponds to a current wings roster player .