• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingsfreak42

"Crosby Sucks" chant!

Rate this topic

could you imagine having that much spare time on your hands??

Could you imagine having enough time on your hands to post 150 messages on a teams message board that you don't even like?

Let me guess, you're at work, right?

Fixed.

They probably would but too bad that isnt going to happen. This series is going back to Detroit on Friday night. The Wings might win game 7 in Detroit and hoist the cup but the Pens arent going to allow them to do it for a 2nd time in a 370 day span on their home-ice...I said at the start of this series it was destined for 7 games and Im not backing off now...

It's why it would make it all the more sweeter for the Penguins to win this series in 7 games and have Crosby leading the way skating the Cup around the Joe. I wonder if the Wings fans would be chanting Crosby sucks then. I know a lot of the Wings fans on another board were complaining about how classless the Penguins fans were last year when they won at Mellon Arena. That couldnt have been further from the truth being that I was at the game last year and saw majority of the Pens fans giving the Wings and their players a lot of respect while skating the cup around.

All of the frustrations and hatred for the other team usually is put aside when a team wins the cup. You have to give props to whomever prevails. There will be no booing of the Pens, or Cindy, or Milkman, or McFleury at the Joe if the unthinkable happens. :D

I usually hate "* sucks" chants, but the timing on this one was perfect, completely appropriate, and very well deserved. You have far and away the most over exposed athlete in the NHL being shoved down your throat and filatted by every national broadcaster on a nauseatingly frequent basis. Then he goes pointless yet again without even making a dent in that game. Not too mention he's a freaking captain who's suppose to set an example, not throw a temper on the NHL's biggest stage 10 feet in front of an official by attempting to injure (or at least hurt) arguably our best skater. So while he's stewing there in the box wallowing in his dirty diaper, never has a more appropriate "* sucks" chant began at the Joe in some time.

Bravo audience!

All of the frustrations and hatred for the other team usually is put aside when a team wins the cup. You have to give props to whomever prevails. There will be no booing of the Pens, or Cindy, or Milkman, or McFleury at the Joe if the unthinkable happens. :D

I agree and may the best team win the whether it be tomorrow night and if there happens to be a game 7. Believe me I know how good the Wings are and I know more then anything that the Penguins are literally going to have to rip the Wings ******* hearts out into a million pieces if there is a game 7 Friday night to win the Stanley Cup on their home-ice.

I usually hate "* sucks" chants, but the timing on this one was perfect, completely appropriate, and very well deserved. You have far and away the most over exposed athlete in the NHL being shoved down your throat and filatted by every national broadcaster on a nauseatingly frequent basis. Then he goes pointless yet again without even making a dent in that game. Not too mention he's a freaking captain who's suppose to set an example, not throw a temper on the NHL's biggest stage 10 feet in front of an official by attempting to injure (or at least hurt) arguably our best skater. So while he's stewing there in the box wallowing in his dirty diaper, never has a more appropriate "* sucks" chant began at the Joe in some time.

Bravo audience!

The big thing was the slash. If he doesn't take a shot at Z, the chant probably doesn't happen. But he took the shot, which was basically tantamount to asking someone to pour beer on him.

EDIT: Or did the chanting start before that? I can't remember.

Edited by Dabura

The big thing was the slash. If he doesn't take a shot at Z, the chant probably doesn't happen. But he took the shot, which was basically tantamount to asking someone to pour beer on him.

EDIT: Or did the chanting start before that? I can't remember.

I am pretty sure it was a direct result of the slash, and then again when he was set free from the box.

87to71

A visiting team has never skated around with the cup at JLA in our lifetimes and it wont happen this time!

Well as the old saying goes there is a first time for everything and streaks are meant to be broken... And until the Red Wings are skating around with that Cup again Im not giving up. This Penguins team no matter what you think of them are very resilient and they are good enough to beat the Red Wings 2 games in a row and win a Game 7 in Detroit. They won 2 games in a row against the Wings already in this series so who is to say they cant do it again?? Will it be tough as hell to do?? Absolutely. But it's not impossible...

Edited by 87to71

Well as the old saying goes there is a first time for everything and streaks are meant to be broken... And until the Red Wings are skating around with that Cup again Im not giving up. This Penguins team no matter what you think of them are very resilient and they are good enough to beat the Red Wings 2 games in a row and win a Game 7 in Detroit. They won 2 games in a row against the Wings already in this series so who is to say they cant do it again?? Will it be tough as hell to do?? Absolutely. But it's not impossible...

I have to admit, it's nice to see an opposing fan actually take time to put together a decent rebuttal while still recognizing that our team is deserving of the cup as well. May the best team Win!gs ;)

I have to admit, it's nice to see an opposing fan actually take time to put together a decent rebuttal while still recognizing that our team is deserving of the cup as well. May the best team Win!gs ;)

I just try to keep things as simple as possible and try not to let stats or history of any sort dictate what is going to happen the rest of the way in this series. It's a great accomplishment for the Red Wings that no team has ever skated with the Cup on their own home-ice. It shows you what kind of an organization they are and how tough they are to defeat. But at the sametime Im not going to let that keep me from not believing that the Penguins cant comeback and win this series because those teams were different and have nothing to do with this current series and current Penguins team. A good example of how he said nobody has ever skated with the cup at the Joe before I bet nobody thought a few years ago as well that the New England Patriots as well as dominant as they had been all season long were going to lose in the Super Bowl to the New York Giants after going 18-0 for the entire season and guess what they did. The point is anything can happen and nothing is a sure thing no matter what has happened in past years...

I didn't mind the "Crosby Sucks" chant from Saturday because he acted in a way that deserved negative repercussions. It would have been different if they had chanted it just because he was in the building. His behavior is in no way that of a leader and he deserved to be creatively "booed". What I don't like is when fans boo or chant negative things just because it is a certain player or team, with no fair reason as to why they deserve the chant. For example, take Chicago. I know that it is a ritual; I get that. But I still don't understand why their fans would choose to chant about how Detroit sucks, rather than rooting on their own team. Especially when Detroit has not shown any evidence showing that they "suck". Now if the Wings had actually done something wrong and deserved the "Detroit sucks" chant, I would understand their reasoning more. But back to Crosby, in my eyes Crosby was and is not a classy player and did/does deserve a not so classy chant for his behavior and actions.

Edited by wingfan4ever

I love the rationalizations.

Well, it's OK when Detroit does it because Crosby was behaving in a way that actually sucked.

Since Chicago and Nashville chant "Detroit sucks" instead of "Red Wings suck" maybe its commentary on the city. Let's face it, based on the clowns that are running Detroit, the economy, the city services (or lackthereof), the number of abandoned neighborhoods and buildings, etc; by an objective standard it does suck.

Still love the D though.

Doesn't this board get its collective panties in a bunch when the Nashville or Chicago fans chant that a Detroit player sucks? Strange I haven't seen such outrage about the classless "Crosby sucks" chant...

I loved it...absolutely loved it. Good to see some life at The Joe. Maybe the tea-and-crumpets crowd skipped out on Cup tickets.

LOL no s***... I was there actually, and I didn't get in on it the 1st time cuz I'm usually against stuff like that but, when that dirty rat faced whiny ***** slashed Hanky Panky it was on!

CROSBY SUCKS!

CROSBY SUCKS!

CROSBY SUCKS!

You should buy a case of beer in preparation that Hossa could be skating the Cup around Mellon tomorrow.

You seem to be a class act, and I commend you for your loyalty to your team. It really is refreshing to read the banter/discussion between you and some of our more rational posters here. Please keep coming back.

Bravo audience!

I agree with you about Crosby being the most over-exposed athlete in the NHL. But I don't think much of it is his fault. The blame lies with Bettman and the marketing...uh...gurus who pushed this kid into the limelight. The same goes for Malkin. That's a lot of pressure on a kid his age and it's seldom that maturity matches talent. Most kids their age are being brought up slowly (as in the Red Wings' organization) and they're not exposed to this kind of rabid press coverage. They're kids, talented or no - and they have been shoved into the spotlight. And their reactions (even when they seem to eat it up) are typical of kids their age.

Remember what Babcock said in a recent press conference? The Red Wings do not bring up their real talented kids right off. They indoctrinate them into the system to give them an idea of what's coming. They have to work their way up. He also said that if you bring a kid up too soon and start giving him the big bucks, they usually stop playing. That is not true of Crosby and Malkin. They are definitely contributing to their team. So I choose to give them credit for that. And I choose to give them a break because of their ages.

Yeah, good work Wings in the Steel City, couldn't seal the deal... and Hossa, where were you?

Get ready to watch Crosby and company raise the CUP on your HOME ICE.

Alright buddy, have fun seeing the cup raise for the OTHER TEAM on your HOME ICE.

Yeah, good work Wings in the Steel City, couldn't seal the deal... and Hossa, where were you?

he is doing stuff behind the scenes... stop calling him out!!!!

my friend was right... those Crosby Sucks chants are about as jinxing as the touching of the octopus... uh ohhs!

Edited by OsGOD

87to71

A visiting team has never skated around with the cup at JLA in our lifetimes and it wont happen this time!

Hahahaha Well guess what they have now and they are the Pittsburgh Penguins of 2009. They are the only team in NHL history to win a Stanley Cup when trailing in two playoff series 2-0 like they did in both the Caps and Wings series. Seeing the Wings players faces after the Penguins won on Friday night knowing how they gagged it on their own ice was just absolutely ******* beautiful...Especially seeing Kronwall having his head hung about as low as you could get it...