• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingsfreak42

"Crosby Sucks" chant!

Rate this topic

Doesn't this board get its collective panties in a bunch when the Nashville or Chicago fans chant that a Detroit player sucks? Strange I haven't seen such outrage about the classless "Crosby sucks" chant...

I loved it...absolutely loved it. Good to see some life at The Joe. Maybe the tea-and-crumpets crowd skipped out on Cup tickets.

Doesn't this board get its collective panties in a bunch when the Nashville or Chicago fans chant that a Detroit player sucks? Strange I haven't seen such outrage about the classless "Crosby sucks" chant...

I loved it...absolutely loved it. Good to see some life at The Joe. Maybe the tea-and-crumpets crowd skipped out on Cup tickets.

I think cheering aloud in any form is rude to the other team and their fans. I know we HAVE to keep score in order to determine an outcome, but that is kind of thoughtless too. :)

I think cheering aloud in any form is rude to the other team and their fans. I know we HAVE to keep score in order to determine an outcome, but that is kind of thoughtless too. :)

Cheering is still OK. But ONLY if the cheering is positive and you cheer equally for both teams. Otherwise you're being classless :)

Guest Shoreline

Eh, I don't mind taunting Crosby, but firstly it makes no sense to suggest they suck, and secondly I'm surprised it doesn't give people a bitter taste to remind themselves of bitter Nashville fans who have little else to chant besides "Detroit Sucks", during Wings/Preds games or Preds/anyone else.

Here's the video on youtube (wasn't up last night when we were looking for it):

The guy who posted that is the same moron who posted the video of Maltby tapping Crosby's gloves and he called it classless. Notice how he says nothing of Crobitch's antics during Game #5. He does his best to try and take everything away from the Wings' victory though.

Edited by Mike

I have never been a fan of the "(whoever) Sucks" chant. And I have always been proud that they don't engage in this at the Joe. I attend lots of L.A. kings games and they do the "(whoever) Sucks" chant every game no matter who they are playing. And rarely if ever do they chant for their own team ( I know, who can blame them). But I always felt if you are chanting a team or players name, even to say they suck, you are bringing attention and energy to that team or player. Now, that said........

I loved the "Crosby Sucks" chant at the Joe last night (though "Crosby's a *****" would have been more accurate). Perfectly timed and completely appropriate.

My favorite taunting chant at the Joe ever was in game 7 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals vs the Av's. After Roy was pulled, because he was lit up by the Wings, the Joe crowd started chanting "We Want Roy" as he sat pouting on the bench. Classic.

Wings in 6.

The guy who posted that is the same moron who posted the video of Maltby tapping Crosby's gloves and he called it classless. Notice how he says nothing of Crobitch's antics during Game #5. He does his best to try and take everything away from the Wings' victory though.

The guy that posted that video is a complete tool. I'm surprised he could bring himself to actually include video of the Wings scoring.

I really don't like it when any fan chants that another player (or team) "sucks". I really think it's classless. If they truly "sucked" they wouldn't be in the finals. Not to mention that, while I can't stand cry baby Crosby, he really doesn't suck. He's a great player with superb skills. He needs to grow up.

I have attended games at other arenas and can't stand it when they chant that about the wings. Not because they are "my team" but because they really don't suck.

Guest Shoreline
I really don't like it when any fan chants that another player (or team) "sucks". I really think it's classless. If they truly "sucked" they wouldn't be in the finals. Not to mention that, while I can't stand cry baby Crosby, he really doesn't suck. He's a great player with superb skills. He needs to grow up.

I have attended games at other arenas and can't stand it when they chant that about the wings. Not because they are "my team" but because they really don't suck.

Exactly. People chanting Red Wings Suck do so out of jealousy for the Wings winning. It really doesn't speak anything good about their own team if all they can do is declare how much a winning team sucks.

Fans chanting Crosby sucks obviously do it out of being jealous of Crosby. And again, it's long been evident since last year's Cup Finals that many Wings fans are jealous of Crosby.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline
How about the word "obsess"?

It's not classy to be obsessive about words.