• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Casey

Debating another jersey.

Rate this topic

Here's one I saw at a game last winter:

Wingswild09001.jpg

Personally, I have a red blank and a game-worn Lang. Game-worn are cool, but that fight strap looks silly on a girl in sweatpants. I love it though because I love Lang, and the jersey was my Dad's.

You can't go wrong with Lids or Stevie. Or, if you march to the beat of a different tuba, go original. I would love to have a Sammy jersey.

As far as what you get, I would recommend asking yourself "For whom do I cheer the loudest?"

As far as what you get, I would recommend asking yourself "For whom do I cheer the loudest?"

Very good advice.

McCarty is up there out of sheer respect for what he's gone through, and what he brings to the locker room. Helm for energy and the sheer joy of being a Wing. Sawchuk for the life of 4s- 4 Cups, 4 Vezinas, 400+ wins and 400+ stitches in his face. Got to respect that. Gordie is in there because, well, he's still the man. :)

Word of caution: if you end up getting the RBK Edge jersey, the authentic one, be careful. The fabric is very soft and snags very easily. I have a home Dats and it has snagged a couple of times, nothing major though. It does anger me though that they would make a jersey that snags so easily though. It is hockey after all.

Edited by Mike

Guest mindfly

Pick a blank one with no numbers nor name, can't go wrong with that.

I'd advise against getting one for a current player who doesn't have a long-term contract with the team unless you don't mind having a closet full of Averys, Quincys, Bertuzzis, etc. I love Darren Helm, for example, but I wouldn't buy his jersey because I could easily see him end up on someone else's roster in a couple of seasons. Old-school's always good, because clearly a guy who's retired can't be traded. However, if he's still alive, he can still disappoint you (like Probert cheering against us during the Chicago series, tsk-tsk).

So I suggest Terry Sawchuck for you. :)

Exactly, My first jersey was a red Probert, back when you could buy an authentic one with numbers and lettering for under $150. Then I got a white Fedorov. Everyone knows how that turned out.

After that I learned my lesson and went with Stevie, Gordie, & Ted Lindsay.

I'm also trying to decide what my next jersey will be. Originally I was going for Franzen but Ozzie's play has me swaying in that direction, and if he wins the Conn Smythe that will pretty much seal it.

I really love being one of only, like, ten people in an entire bar wearing a Cleary jersey.

I love my black practice Cleary jersey. We have always won, when I wear it to a game.

Just promise me people you wont get this one. This is the guy sitting in front of me at game 2. Oh and that's my finger too. Oops! :hehe:DSCF0300-1.jpg

I have Datsyuk (red), Zetterberg (white), Lang (red), Yzerman (white), Hossa (white), I'm gonna try to get a Helm, Cleary, or Maltby next. Or maybe opposites of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Larionov and Konstantinov are both in the ever-growing list, now. ;) Anybody know when they started putting names on the jerseys? I don't want to get a custom Sawchuk made, and include the name if it were never there.

Thank you... I hate when you see a Lindsay with the name on the back or Lindsay on a modern jersey...but then again, maybe I'm just a jersey snob.

Thank you... I hate when you see a Lindsay with the name on the back or Lindsay on a modern jersey...but then again, maybe I'm just a jersey snob.

Trust me, if I go vintage, it will be period correct. Still can't find when they started putting names on.

As a reward for my boards being over in 9 days ( :blink: ), I've decided to reward myself with a new jersey. I'm down to four- old-school Sawchuk or Howe, modern McCarty or Helm.

Any ideas? Other cool ones I'm not thinking of? Already have my Chelios jersey and my wife has Shanny and Cleary, so those are out.

how about Bob Probert? i don't see hardly ANY of them around the arena.

I like the Helm option. My most recent was an authentic white Hossa with the Stanley Cup patch. Last year I bought the authentic white Filppula. Helm will probably be next to add to my collection. I have to pick up a 1988 style Petr Klima, too.

Edited by Hossa81

Thinking about it, I'm a touch reluctant about Helm since he only has like one year left on his contract. Is there a pretty good chance he'll be resigned?

I just got a Zetters away and a Zetters Winter Classic sweater. If I were to buy another sweater it would be either an Ozzy, Dats, or Abdelkader. I am thinking Abs because I graduated from the same high school as him a couple years earlier. However, I do want to risk Abs jumping to another team sometime in the future.

My next two are going to be a Lidström Swedish National Team sweater and then when Helm signs a long-term deal, I'll get an authentic Helm 43.

Stevie Y pretty much brought Helm into the organization, for the people wondering if he'll get a long-term deal; with how he's been playing, he'll probably be on 3rd or 4th line next year (I can easily see him centering 3rd line next year with Draper centering 4th).

Edited by Theophany

My next two are going to be a Lidstr�m Swedish National Team sweater and then when Helm signs a long-term deal, I'll get an authentic Helm 43.

Stevie Y pretty much brought Helm into the organization, for the people wondering if he'll get a long-term deal; with how he's been playing, he'll probably be on 3rd or 4th line next year (I can easily see him centering 3rd line next year with Draper centering 4th).

I also noticed he's only an RFA, which I would think increases the chances he'll be getting some kind of extension...

I also noticed he's only an RFA, which I would think increases the chances he'll be getting some kind of extension...

That plus the kind of player he'll be after playing for a few years with the guys instead of most of a season on GR and the playoffs...

It don't think he's gonna be some kind of scoring machine, but I foresee him being an extremely versatile two-way forward with an asston of speed.

That plus the kind of player he'll be after playing for a few years with the guys instead of most of a season on GR and the playoffs...

It don't think he's gonna be some kind of scoring machine, but I foresee him being an extremely versatile two-way forward with an asston of speed.

I'm more worried about him not being resigned and going to another team more than being sent back to GR (which I don't see happening anyway), but yeah.