• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zack is Great

The fix is in for Detroit!

Rate this topic

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/v...t=37042#p934645

The real meat and potatos is here ;P

Detoilet is such a **** hole, they can't even sell out their freaking playoff games. They are working on a b2b cup and their stands continue to have empty seat after empty seat. They've got a championship caliber team that is put onto the ice year in and year out and that dump still comes up empty nearly every time. The economy there is being hit as hard as any place, unemployment rates are sky rocketing, and the lives of people who live there are complete and utter ****. They boast the likes of Eminem, Insane Clown Posse, and Kid Rock as home bred. Their football team went 0-16 last year and will likely never sniff a championship, half of their population is probably suicidal or on drugs. Detroit Red Wings are all that city has to boost morale. Literally. Without them, god knows how much worse that hell hole can be.

The Pens on the other hand, will sell out every single game, regular season and beyond, for the next who knows how many years. No matter WHAT. We've got one of the best football teams in the NFL and just celebrated our 6th Lombardi. Pittsburgh Pens jerseys, merch, tickets, television ratings, etc, etc, etc, will continue to sell and profits will not be affected whatsoever if this team does not win the Stanley Cup this year.

Imagine the amount of empty seats at the Joe if the Red Wings were not winning championships?

It's amazing how many people you meet who think like this on the internet :rolleyes:

Two words for you, Pens Fans. Kansas City.

The OP is referring to his dad with this statement:

Seriously. This is what he thinks. hahahah... Not saying I agree with it or believe that the games are fixed, but that's his logic and it's pretty well thought out I guess.

The person who thinks that actually found someone to mate with him and form offspring? Amazing.

Guest Shoreline

Whoa, someone at LetsGoPens uploaded a video of them on the s***ter talking about the Wings,

!

Yeah it seems when the pens lose a game, some of their fans decide to talk s*** about anything.

Something that caught my eye in that thread was this:

The NHL has made their bed and given a green light going forward for all teams to replicate the way Detroit plays. I went off in an NPR thread earlier in the series. We are going to see hockey played more and more like the Red Wings play. It will be a sad game in another 2-3 years.

I think it's jealousy on their part that they can't play the Wings style of hockey.

Guest Shoreline
Another damn thread about stupid things said by Pens fans? I swear, there should be a sub forum for things like this.

Along with the Ref/Bettman conspiracy s***.

Guest DetroitBoy313

You know what the problem is with these type of discussion boards? They're mostly young kids just talking as much s*** as they can behind a computer.I don't even pay attention to posts like this,there is no point in getting worked up because of this nonsense.The funny thing is ONE DAY the Wings will probably suck and Lions will be winning superbowls,lol! And the Steelers won't even make the playoffs.Listen,I love sports and I love hockey and watching the Wings just as any fan loves rooting for his/her hometeam.Teams representing cities do not reflect the people or anything for that matter based on their performances.Win or lose we all still got to get up early and go to work and pay these bills.Just because I'm rooting against Pittsburgh I have absolutely nothing against people in Pittsburgh.These are foolish statements by someone who probably hasn't hit puberty yet.GO WINGS!!

Didn't mean to offend =/

I just wish we didn't pay so much attention to the stupidity of another team's fans. They have dumb fans, we get it. Every team has dumb fans. Being a dumb fan is punishment enough for them. No good can come from pointing the finger and laughing. Because at that point, we've only taken one step towards becoming as dumb as they are.

Another damn thread about stupid things said by Pens fans? I swear, there should be a sub forum for things like this.

I totally agree. What the hell do we care what they say about us? If we do, that means they're in our heads and we give them power over us. I'm not giving them nuthin'. I'm just absolutely thrilled with the way MY team is playing.

Again, they have some bright fans and they have idiots, just like we do. Give it up, ahready!

And I vote on moving this kind of thread to somewhere - anywhere else. Thenk yew.

Edited by Vladifan

You know what the problem is with these type of discussion boards? They're mostly young kids just talking as much s*** as they can behind a computer.I don't even pay attention to posts like this,there is no point in getting worked up because of this nonsense.The funny thing is ONE DAY the Wings will probably suck and Lions will be winning superbowls,lol! And the Steelers won't even make the playoffs.Listen,I love sports and I love hockey and watching the Wings just as any fan loves rooting for his/her hometeam.Teams representing cities do not reflect the people or anything for that matter based on their performances.Win or lose we all still got to get up early and go to work and pay these bills.Just because I'm rooting against Pittsburgh I have absolutely nothing against people in Pittsburgh.These are foolish statements by someone who probably hasn't hit puberty yet.GO WINGS!!

great post you said everything that I was thinking......well except for the Lions part they will never win, yet I continue to sink $300+ dollars on the HD Lions Sunday ticket to watch them.....poor me!!

FYI for all of you clueless Pens fans who may be reading this... the Wings have sold out every playoff game this year.

And herein lies some of the ignorance. It's not our fault that corporations and suits buy those tickets and then don't show up or even bother to give them away. Detroiters and almost any of the rest of us would love to use those seats.

Yeah it seems when the pens lose a game, some of their fans decide to talk s*** about anything.

Something that caught my eye in that thread was this:

The NHL has made their bed and given a green light going forward for all teams to replicate the way Detroit plays. I went off in an NPR thread earlier in the series. We are going to see hockey played more and more like the Red Wings play. It will be a sad game in another 2-3 years.

I think it's jealousy on their part that they can't play the Wings style of hockey.

How is playing Wings style of hockey a bad thing? They are supremely skilled, totally professional, and win consistently. They play exciting offense and stifling defense. What is preferable, the New Jersey trap?

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/v...t=37042#p934645

The real meat and potatos is here ;P

It's amazing how many people you meet who think like this on the internet :rolleyes:

Two words for you, Pens Fans. Kansas City.

He forgot to mention that Pittsburgh is an even bigger economic pit of despair and at least Detroit isn't entirely dependant on one industry like Pittsbugh WAS (notice I said WAS).

Guest DetroitBoy313
great post you said everything that I was thinking......well except for the Lions part they will never win, yet I continue to sink $300+ dollars on the HD Lions Sunday ticket to watch them.....poor me!!

I swear to you,ONE DAY,ONE DAY the Lions will WIN!! LoL!!

FYI for all of you clueless Pens fans who may be reading this... the Wings have sold out every playoff game this year.

Also SCF games 1,5, and 7 sold out in 45 minutes. Game 2 sold out later when NBC/NHL gave it a time.

I swear to you,ONE DAY,ONE DAY the Lions will WIN!! LoL!!

LOL...I sure hope so...Seen the Redwings, Tigers, Pistons, Michigan Football, Michigan Hockey all win titles.... :ranting:

lions never being that close

Whoa, someone at LetsGoPens uploaded a video of them on the s***ter talking about the Wings,
!

OMG its Mr. Chow from 'The Hangover'