• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zack is Great

The fix is in for Detroit!

Rate this topic

Not like Pittsburgh is a great place to live either. I don't understand why fans of a sports team have to attack the opponent's city when their team loses. Just focus on the game.

But when they feel as if their team isn't superior, well, what's left? They gotta do something to get their self-esteem going.

it's like people have never heard of a 25% unemployment rate or the big three taking a dump? this from the people whose steel supplies the big three....and whose mining towns have been relegated to broke, closed down, dump towns. but they don't talk about that. it's more fun to pick on detroit.

carry on pittsburgh. try as you might, you will never be philly!

Adorable isn't it? They don't remember how close the Kansas City Penguins were because they didn't know what hockey was before Bettman began to shine every media light on Sid the Kid and the Pittsburgh Crosbies.

It is cute tho.

Edited by b.shanafan14

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB3/v...t=37042#p934645

The real meat and potatos is here ;P

It's amazing how many people you meet who think like this on the internet :rolleyes:

Two words for you, Pens Fans. Kansas City.

So this guy brings football talk onto a hockey board?? Genius! I guess whever you can't win the argument change the subject, and make fun of the person you are talking to. And let's slow up on making fun of the sad state of the greater Detroit area. Maybe he should check his own town out. It's not like Pittsburgh is considered to be one of the most beatiful cities in the country. It's a freaking steeltown, it's just as blue collar as Detroit, so keep your stones in your pockets. And let's not forget that the whole Finals were set up perfect for the "young Penguins". The "old" Wings had to play back to back games to start the series after going 7 games in a physical battle with the Ducks, while the Hurricanes just layed on their backs and took it for 4 games from the Pens so the Pens could get some rest. If you lose, you lose. If you win, you win. Losing fans love to always find the best excuses. Series isn't over yet.

Whoa, someone at LetsGoPens uploaded a video of them on the s***ter talking about the Wings,
!

Great. Now I have that stuck in my head and I can't get it out.

Pit fans whine about Detroit. Detroit fans whine about Pit's players.

Let's hope we meet with someone else in next year's final. We need some variety. The change will be on our side, though. It seems no matter who we play, they mock our city and the Lions since there isn't anything else bad to say about the Wings.

Afterthought: I just realized I called Detroit "our city" even though I've never been there. I hope that doesn't offend any actual Detroiters.

Since Pittsburgh is so great at everything and their fans are so great, how are the Pirates doing?

Oh yeah, half a game out of last place. 14 straight losing seasons and counting. Not even the Lions are that bad.

That original post talks about great fan support, but it appears the Pirates have been in the bottom 5 in NL attendance every year since 1981. They were last in the top 5 in NL attendance way back in 1972 (5th).