32 replies to this topic

#21 Chelichic

Chelichic

4th Line Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Xitium @ June 7, 2009 - 08:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI for all of you clueless Pens fans who may be reading this... the Wings have sold out every playoff game this year.

Also SCF games 1,5, and 7 sold out in 45 minutes. Game 2 sold out later when NBC/NHL gave it a time.

#22 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

The last line about attendance is priceless...how was the Mellon arena seats selling before the Pittsburgh Crosbies era, aka 2 years ago?
Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#23 AFwinger

AFwinger

Let's Go Redwings!!!

• Gold Booster
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (DetroitBoy313 @ June 8, 2009 - 01:00AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear to you,ONE DAY,ONE DAY the Lions will WIN!! LoL!!

LOL...I sure hope so...Seen the Redwings, Tigers, Pistons, Michigan Football, Michigan Hockey all win titles.... ranting.gif

lions never being that close
GO Wings, GO Blue!

#24 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ June 7, 2009 - 08:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa, someone at LetsGoPens uploaded a video of them on the s***ter talking about the Wings, check it out!

OMG its Mr. Chow from 'The Hangover'

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#25 sWINGED

sWINGED

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

hmm...which of these two teams just a few short years ago was bankrupt and nearly moved out of town?

i'll give you one gigantic clue: it wasn't the red wings.

#26 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

Not like Pittsburgh is a great place to live either. I don't understand why fans of a sports team have to attack the opponent's city when their team loses. Just focus on the game.

#27 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (sWINGED @ June 7, 2009 - 09:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm...which of these two teams just a few short years ago was bankrupt and nearly moved out of town?

i'll give you one gigantic clue: it wasn't the red wings.

...but... Crosby.
*this space for rent*

#28 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Wings_Toledo @ June 7, 2009 - 10:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not like Pittsburgh is a great place to live either. I don't understand why fans of a sports team have to attack the opponent's city when their team loses. Just focus on the game.

But when they feel as if their team isn't superior, well, what's left? They gotta do something to get their self-esteem going.

#29 Bad Vlad Forever

Bad Vlad Forever

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:50 PM

it's like people have never heard of a 25% unemployment rate or the big three taking a dump? this from the people whose steel supplies the big three....and whose mining towns have been relegated to broke, closed down, dump towns. but they don't talk about that. it's more fun to pick on detroit.

carry on pittsburgh. try as you might, you will never be philly!
"For my game, I don't need to score the goal,"
"I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."
-Vladimir Konstantinov

#30 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

Adorable isn't it? They don't remember how close the Kansas City Penguins were because they didn't know what hockey was before Bettman began to shine every media light on Sid the Kid and the Pittsburgh Crosbies.

It is cute tho.

Edited by b.shanafan14, 07 June 2009 - 09:54 PM.

#31 goWingsinDallas

goWingsinDallas

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Zack is Great @ June 7, 2009 - 07:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.letsgopen...t=37042#p934645

The real meat and potatos is here ;P

It's amazing how many people you meet who think like this on the internet rolleyes.gif

Two words for you, Pens Fans. Kansas City.

So this guy brings football talk onto a hockey board?? Genius! I guess whever you can't win the argument change the subject, and make fun of the person you are talking to. And let's slow up on making fun of the sad state of the greater Detroit area. Maybe he should check his own town out. It's not like Pittsburgh is considered to be one of the most beatiful cities in the country. It's a freaking steeltown, it's just as blue collar as Detroit, so keep your stones in your pockets. And let's not forget that the whole Finals were set up perfect for the "young Penguins". The "old" Wings had to play back to back games to start the series after going 7 games in a physical battle with the Ducks, while the Hurricanes just layed on their backs and took it for 4 games from the Pens so the Pens could get some rest. If you lose, you lose. If you win, you win. Losing fans love to always find the best excuses. Series isn't over yet.

#32 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,872 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ June 7, 2009 - 07:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa, someone at LetsGoPens uploaded a video of them on the s***ter talking about the Wings, check it out!

Great. Now I have that stuck in my head and I can't get it out.

Pit fans whine about Detroit. Detroit fans whine about Pit's players.
Let's hope we meet with someone else in next year's final. We need some variety. The change will be on our side, though. It seems no matter who we play, they mock our city and the Lions since there isn't anything else bad to say about the Wings.

Afterthought: I just realized I called Detroit "our city" even though I've never been there. I hope that doesn't offend any actual Detroiters.

#33 catbox_9

catbox_9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

Since Pittsburgh is so great at everything and their fans are so great, how are the Pirates doing?

Oh yeah, half a game out of last place. 14 straight losing seasons and counting. Not even the Lions are that bad.

That original post talks about great fan support, but it appears the Pirates have been in the bottom 5 in NL attendance every year since 1981. They were last in the top 5 in NL attendance way back in 1972 (5th).
Coming soon: A better signature