• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedLightGoesOn

Some Thoughts Before Game 6

Rate this topic

Well, this is probably one among many. But I'd like to share and see some thoughts before we go into a game that could decide the Stanley Cup Champions. I'd like to take a pulse on how people think this series has evolved and what is in store for Game 6.

Bylsma has to be unhappy. It seems no matter how he coaches the Pens, I can see a lot of last years Finals playing a big role in how the Pens play now. I see a lot of piss poor attitude from the Penguins. Talbot said it didnt matter how Pens got beat the point is they lost. I agree a loss is a loss, but thats not the attitude to have going into an elimination game. If they think its just a lost, the Pens are going to struggle a lot.

This has to be the biggest rebound a team has had losing Game 4 and winning Game 5 and how they did it too speaks a lot. Wings showed that they are the better team and put themselves in a spot to win.

Dats is back in the lineup and man was he fantatic. Think he can break his dry spell?

Game 5 was the Wings hitting on all cylinders and the Pens being overwhelmed.

Wings are good at closing out series. The Ducks put up a huge fight in Game 6, but I don't think the Pens can muster a defensive wall like the Ducks did. I know every player in the Wings locker room knows that they have to play the best 60 of their careers ever, same with the Pens.

Hossa? He has been hunting very hard and has produced for us, just not goals.... Anyone think hes going to silence the Igloo(m)? (sorry Pens fans, I couldn't resist)

The MAF has played better as the series went on and Ozzy has gotten worse comments are out the window. Think MAF can regain the confidence or will be shaken? I think if the Wings can get a quick goal to begin with and another one early in the game that hes toast. Will Ozzy keep up the excellent work?

How bad do you think the Refs will be? Will they be good and call stuff like they did in Game 5?

Will this be the game that Detroit wins in Pittsburgh?

I think that after Game 5 its a nice feel good win, but the Wings literally shattered the Pens Game plan and will basically try to find a way to do that in game 6 (obviously). I think its just skating and stick-work. No sloppy passes and being on the ball defensively is whats going to best way to establish control of the game, since afterall, we are a puck-possession team. They know that Game 6 is a different game and Game 5 needs to be put in the rearview mirror, despite the large amounts of success. I think with Dats back that Babcock has a lot of options for lines to combat the lines of the Pens, and that again Dats' play will influence who wins this game. Like every Wing fan, I think that Game 6 is going to be very close but if the Red Wings keep it up and avoid bad penalties, we can celebrate a victory. Oh yeah, PP & PK can't suck.

Your thoughts? Pens fans who are constructive are also invited to post, despite some of these questions are directed to Wings fans. What do you guys think about this serie s and Game 5?

The short of my thoughts is that I think the Pens are really unlikely to come out flat on Tuesday. IF the Wings play on Tuesday how they did on Saturday AND Osgood has a phenomenal game, then yes, they can pull it off.

Right now we are the hounds and Pittsburgh are the rabbits. We're running for our lunch, but they're running for their lives. We will come out to win as usual, but they will come out with the death of their season on the line in front of an energetic crowd. It's gonna be tough.

As to your questions, I hate speculating as to what different players are going to do this time of year. The Wings need to come out as one ass-kicking robot and dominate on Tuesday. Drapes can step up, so can Datsyuk, but if they're not getting the passes or their passes aren't ending up anywhere, it won't make a difference.

We come out hot and stay hot, we win. We have one of our flukey games where we're in it for a period, out of if it the next, then I'll being going to the Joe on Friday.

The short of my thoughts is that I think the Pens are really unlikely to come out flat on Tuesday. IF the Wings play on Tuesday how they did on Saturday AND Osgood has a phenomenal game, then yes, they can pull it off.

Right now we are the hounds and Pittsburgh are the rabbits. We're running for our lunch, but they're running for their lives. We will come out to win as usual, but they will come out with the death of their season on the line in front of an energetic crowd. It's gonna be tough.

As to your questions, I hate speculating as to what different players are going to do this time of year. The Wings need to come out as one ass-kicking robot and dominate on Tuesday. Drapes can step up, so can Datsyuk, but if they're not getting the passes or their passes aren't ending up anywhere, it won't make a difference.

We come out hot and stay hot, we win. We have one of our flukey games where we're in it for a period, out of if it the next, then I'll being going to the Joe on Friday.

Wings win 3 -2 final with Ozzy holding off a flurry of shots like he did last year :)

Bylsma has to be unhappy. It seems no matter how he coaches the Pens, I can see a lot of last years Finals playing a big role in how the Pens play now. I see a lot of piss poor attitude from the Penguins. Talbot said it didnt matter how Pens got beat the point is they lost. I agree a loss is a loss, but thats not the attitude to have going into an elimination game. If they think its just a lost, the Pens are going to struggle a lot.

I think Bylsma will be able to exert more control over his team once he has a full season with them. He is really one of the few people with the Pens that I respect and I think the longer he's with the team, the better off they are.

I think Bylsma will be able to exert more control over his team once he has a full season with them. He is really one of the few people with the Pens that I respect and I think the longer he's with the team, the better off they are.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with ya here.

The Wings take a lot of pride out of being able to win on the road. They're very aware that they haven't done that yet in this series. Maybe that can help a little bit in the emotional engagement department.

I've learned that both teams have surprised me and every single prediction I had for this final so far. I would have never thought that Hossa would be this silent in the post season and especially aginst the Pens.

So, that's what's going to make me take half a day off ( I get paid by an hour as a contractor ), loose bunch of money and watch the game live.

I feel bad for Hossa. No matter how this series goes down, he's not gonna get proper credit for what he's brought to this team. IMO, take the same rash of unjuries and NOT have Hossa... we don't get past the Ducks. Sure, his goal scoring has been fluky as hell but he's brought just enough legs to help us. He's been through the same grind as the Wings, only worse. He was on the losing end last season. He put himself under tremendous pressure to leave a good team and join the Wings.

Or he just knew the Pens sucked...

Either way

GO HOSS!

Edited by Broken 16

The one thing I noticed was that game 5 was the first game where the ice wasn't a problem. Games 1 and 2 at the Joe had surprisingly bad ice. The ice in Pittsburgh is horrendous. While both teams have smooth playmakers, if the ice is as bad as it's been, the game will be more dump-and-chase and Pittsburgh has had the edge there.

We're going to Game 7 because we'll get s***ty calls because it's fixed for ratings. NBC has the game and Bettman wants more hockey on mainstream tv.

Sad to say, but this would not suprise me one bit..especially after the look on Buttman's face (although I loved it)

GO WINGS !!! BRING #12 HOME !!!

:champs:

We're going to Game 7 because we'll get s***ty calls because it's fixed for ratings. NBC has the game and Bettman wants more hockey on mainstream tv.

I wonder if Bettman has the balls to set-up another short-handed goal to turn the game around on Tuesday. I bet he is pissed that it was Staal who took Crosby's scene. He had to be happy it worked out, but pissed at the photo opps it lent.

I wonder though, chuklz, will they let both teams play a "real' game 7 once there are no more ratings to gather? Or do they also want a particular team to win? If so, why are you even watching, writing about or focusing on it? Doesn't it seem like a huge waste of time to watch an orchestrated series, especially given you think the team you want to win is written in the script to lose?

I guess the other questiong is, which players are in on the fixes? You know that PPs can't be the only thing that Bettman relies on to sway a game. PPs are a good start but not enough to get the desird outcome. There must be players getting paid to help decide the outcome. So, lets brainstorm that. Which of our respective team's players are dirty rotten scumbags on the take conspiring with the league?

Is it Ozzie anf Fluery? They both have let in soft goals in their losses.

Is it defensive players? The Pens keep screening their own keeper and the Red Wings looked prety soft in game 4 on D, especially on the last three goals.

Edited by Flintstone Cicarelli

If the Wings can stay out of the box in Pittsburgh, they will win. The Pens can't handle us 5 on 5. MAF is known for the GAFFE: he crumbles under pressure. Taking that drubbing in Motown won't do much to help a guy who is already shaky in final games.

I think the Wings are going to win the cup, it's just a matter of whether it's on the road or at home. Somehow, while I know it's tough to have the cup come down to one game (as anything can happen) a game 7 at home has it's appeal. I just think the Pens cannot win at the Joe. If we take it again in their rink it'll be sweet, if we take it at home, all the better!

I'm pickin' Hossa to score the cup winner. He's on the verge, and I hope that he will end his slump in game 6.

I feel bad for Hossa. No matter how this series goes down, he's not gonna get proper credit for what he's brought to this team. IMO, take the same rash of unjuries and NOT have Hossa... we don't get past the Ducks. Sure, his goal scoring has been fluky as hell but he's brought just enough legs to help us. He's been through the same grind as the Wings, only worse. He was on the losing end last season. He put himself under tremendous pressure to leave a good team and join the Wings.

Or he just knew the Pens sucked...

Either way

GO HOSS!

I wonder if Bettman has the balls to set-up another short-handed goal to turn the game around on Tuesday. I bet he is pissed that it was Staal who took Crosby's scene. He had to be happy it worked out, but pissed at the photo opps it lent.

I wonder though, chuklz, will they let both teams play a "real' game 7 once there are no more ratings to gather? Or do they also want a particular team to win? If so, why are you even watching, writing about or focusing on it? Doesn't it seem like a huge waste of time to watch an orchestrated series, especially given you think the team you want to win is written in the script to lose?

I guess the other questiong is, which players are in on the fixes? You know that PPs can't be the only thing that Bettman relies on to sway a game. PPs are a good start but not enough to get the desird outcome. There must be players getting paid to help decide the outcome. So, lets brainstorm that. Which of our respective team's players are dirty rotten scumbags on the take conspiring with the league?

Is it defensive players? The Pens keep screening their own keeper and the Red Wings looked prety soft in game 4 on D, especially on the last three goals.

You're kidding....aren't you? This ranks right up there with the Penguins' fan's post that talked about the sticks and how the Wings altered them... :blink:

2czecp.jpg

:thumbup:

then the wings can split up Hank and Pavs and bylsma will have to put malkin and crosby on the same line to produce offense....resulting in either Hank's or Pav's lines being on offense when they are on.

advantage wings with dats back in the line-up. bylsma doesn't have the depth that's being thrown back at him by the wings.

flip - hossa - franzen is capable of shutting down one of the 2 lines the pens have anyways, if babs wants to keep D and Z together. Pav adds so much to the wings. he controls the pace of the game better than crosby or malkin, or ovechkin for that matter could ever hope of doing.

I think it was more the soft call on Ericsson in Game 3 rather than all this tinfoil hatting you're insinuating.

Game 4 was a result of s***ty scheduling that favored the weaker Eastern Conference, since it was announced ahead of time it's not really a fix, just favors the weaker conference.

I think if Round 2 were called fairly it wouldnt have gone to 7, I also think it was simply stretched out rather and it didnt matter who won ultimately. We just wanted it more.

If the calls are blatantly going the other way then the simplest answer is that someone wants the other team to win that particular game. We shall see, hopefully we just put em away like we did in game 5.

I think it was more the soft call on Ericsson in Game 3 rather than all this tinfoil hatting you're insinuating.

Game 4 was a result of s***ty scheduling that favored the weaker Eastern Conference, since it was announced ahead of time it's not really a fix, just favors the weaker conference.

I think if Round 2 were called fairly it wouldnt have gone to 7, I also think it was simply stretched out rather and it didnt matter who won ultimately. We just wanted it more.

If the calls are blatantly going the other way then the simplest answer is that someone wants the other team to win that particular game. We shall see, hopefully we just put em away like we did in game 5.

I expect both teams to come out hard but I think if Fleury lets in a bad goal or goals early, it's going to be a long night for the Pens and i suspect they will see the Wings hoisting the Cup again on their home ice. If the Pens can weather Detroit's pressure early and also get the first 2 or more goals than I think the Pens will hang on to win Game 6.

Anything can happen in a Game 7, you never know.