• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsfan13

Colorado Wings fans - meetup on Tuesday?

Rate this topic

I was wondering if any other CO Wings fans (Denver area, specifically) had any plans to go out and watch the game somewhere. I had to pay somebody off to work my shift, so I intend on fully going out!

Edit: I guess the "official Denver chapter of Wings fans" headquarters is at Govnrs Park Tavern at 672 Logan, I'm assuming a bunch of people will be there?

Edited by wingsfan13

I was wondering if any other CO Wings fans (Denver area, specifically) had any plans to go out and watch the game somewhere. I had to pay somebody off to work my shift, so I intend on fully going out!

Edit: I guess the "official Denver chapter of Wings fans" headquarters is at Govnrs Park Tavern at 672 Logan, I'm assuming a bunch of people will be there?

Holy crap! What a flash from the past!

I lived in Denver for 3 years. Back when I lived there, there was a bar called the Tin Lizzy that was at the time dedicated to Detroit Sports, specifically the Red Wings. During games it would pack beyond capacity, and people would overflow to the (I think it was an old Chicago) across the street.

The year the Wings won the cup in 2002 I was in Colorado. I didn't know at the time that there was such a huge wings showing, but I threw a neighborhood barbeque for the game 7 against Colorado. Some of you will know this game as "The statue of Liberty" game. It was a blast. About 30 people showed up, and only me and my girlfriend were Wings fans, but it was a great time.

The next year I had a new girlfriend, who ironically was a huge Avs fan. She was part of the David Aebischer fan club, and occassionally got free tickets to the games. Quite a sight to see her in her Avs Jersey, myself in my Wings Jersey, sitting in the David Aebischer fan club section :)

I caught several games at the Tin Lizzy that year, and I know there was a fan club that started out named "Detroit Redwings fans of Colorado". Haven't checked in on those guys in a while, but I have to believe that perhaps your organization is the same one, just differently named. I recall when I left the organization was branching out to include other cities.

Nothing beats being at home for the Wings games, but living in Colorado and finding so much Detroit support there, was the second best hockey fan experience I've ever had.

So a couple Wings fans are going to be meeting in the basement of the Irish Snug on Colfax (I think it's called Under the Snug) where they have a bigscreen and a bunch of couches, if anyone is interested!