• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzermania

Big Wang's in Los Angeles

Rate this topic

Hey, I heard alot of Wings fans go to Big Wang's Wings Grill/bar in Hollywood for Wings games. I was wondering if anyone will be there tuesday night because me n' my girl are debating on where to go/what to do for the game.

This place?

http://www.bigwangswings.com/

I wonder how accommodating they will be with the NBA game on at 6pm... I am going to call tomorrow morning and ask...

ah s***, I didn't even realize there was an NBA game on. No matter what, that will get the bigger screen and majority fo the screens. Damn.

Well, we'll see what they say I guess. The website says they have alot of big screens so maybe we can get one.

This is what I was told by ThirdManIn who has been to Big Wangs

Yep, this is the place! On Cahuenga and Selma. It's pretty fun--they cater to Detroit and Michigan State fans, and they have a bunch of TVs and a lounge with a projection screen.

If you go there will definitely be some TVs with the game and Wings and Pens fans and they'll give you speakers for your table. The drawbacks:

1.) Scotty B (aka Cape Boy) will be there. He's actually an ok guy--he reserves tables for any Wings (or MSU) fans who want to come. He also brings a cowbell and is kinda loud and might propose to you again.

2.) It will be busy with the Lakers game. If you get there 4:30-45ish you'll beat the Laker crowd. And you won't get screwed when the Lakers start. But it will be busy.

OK here's what I was told when I talked to Brent at Big Wangs

there's two 60 inch tv's in the restaurant area (one will be the wings game and one will be the lakers game)- there are also loads of tvs through out the restaurant and the bar area. If you want audio they have wireless speakers that you get at your table for the volume of your preferred game.

The big screen in the bar area is going to be the Laker game. I was told if I arrive at 3:30-4pm that I'd be able to get us an 8 to 10 seater table.

Now what I need to know is

ARE YOU IN?!

Let me know asap so I can plan. I'm about 40 miles away.

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

I actually think I can make this! Helps when its closer to my neck of the woods. Count me in for one, possibly two, but I'll update tonight on that.

Guest CaliWingsNut

As always it seems :(( I won't be able to watch the game live. Work SUCKS!

I think some friends and I will be going to Shark's Cove in Hermosa Beach. The owner is a big hockey fan so we might have a better chance of holding off the Lakers fans and it's a lot closer to my house than hollywood.

That's funny. I used to work right up Cahuenga from Wang's at Amoeba Music. All the sports fans on the Amoeba crew go here to watch games. It is loud, rowdy and has hot waitresses. I don't drink and don't care for most L.A. sports fans so I never go there to watch any game I actually care about (aka Wings games). I'll we watching at home after work on the DVR in Hi-Def.

Wings in 6.

That's funny. I used to work right up Cahuenga from Wang's at Amoeba Music. All the sports fans on the Amoeba crew go here to watch games. It is loud, rowdy and has hot waitresses. I don't drink and don't care for most L.A. sports fans so I never go there to watch any game I actually care about (aka Wings games). I'll we watching at home after work on the DVR in Hi-Def.

Wings in 6.

Thanks for posting this. This is what I was worried about with this place, because for me, I want to watch the game and not miss anythign of what's going and all, so I'm ot gonna end up going because if you said it is generally rowdy, I can only imagine what it would be like during a lakers finals game.

Oh yeah and I always go to amoeba, great store, though it used to be much better, they never seem to have as good of stuff anymore.

Well that ended quick...I thought big crowds were a good thing to watch a game with! ;)

Anyway...I work in the South Bay, so I could fly solo at one of the places down there if that worked better. There used to be a UM bar in Santa Monica, but I think they've moved that, not sure to where.

Anyway...

I have no problem changing.. I mean it's not like this game can't be dvr'ed and watched (again) later .. and should something change. I'll be up there at 3:00-3:30 finding us THE BEST table in the house... I was actually instructed the "High table" is where we'd want to sit.

So Big Wang's it is? Count me in for 2! We'll be there around 4:30, barring absolutely awful traffic, which is the bright side of the Laker game being out of town tomorrow! See you there...