• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jaymz99

Heads Up - NO JOE VISION TOMORROW!

Rate this topic

So how much is the fine if they show the game at The Joe, and how quickly can we all raise the cash? Maybe the Illitch's just ante up the dough, maybe take a collection from the players to help, and show the game & just pay the fine! And there must be enough techies out there, how about grabbing an internet feed & throwing that up there? Ok, so 2 bad ideas... I got nothing.

i say charge $10... $5 goes to the charity and the other $5 goes to the pay off the fine charity.

simple as pie, they can raise a good $10,000 to $50,000 easily

or just allow the joe to have a neilson box and count all 10,000 of us watching.... der

I don't care if there is no screen at the igloo now. The point is that they allowed the igloo to have a screen this whole time. They can't just change their mind at the end and expect everyone to be okay with this. And CBC is dumb because they could have gained toooons of fans by not being greedy assholes like NBC. And also, how does it affect the ratings? Isn't Joe Vision the biggest audience ever?

I don't care if there is no screen at the igloo now. The point is that they allowed the igloo to have a screen this whole time. They can't just change their mind at the end and expect everyone to be okay with this.

Uhhhh.. NBC said no to Pittsburgh and Detroit. Only reason why we had the screen is because of VS. and FSN Pittsburgh allowed it.

i say charge $10... $5 goes to the charity and the other $5 goes to the pay off the fine charity.

simple as pie, they can raise a good $10,000 to $50,000 easily

or just allow the joe to have a neilson box and count all 10,000 of us watching.... der

They don't care, we're the old hockey fans.

Nothing here.

riversVISION is all set up! f*** NBC I don't have a box and neither do the 15 people at my house tonight...

I was just listening to the radio(97.1) on my drive home, and they were discussing this same situation. Apparently, it's Bettman that won't allow NBC or CBC to give the rights for Joe vision & Mellon vision. How accurate is the radio station with this information, that I don't know. Just thought I'd share what I heard.

I was just listening to the radio(97.1) on my drive home, and they were discussing this same situation. Apparently, it's Bettman that won't allow NBC or CBC to give the rights for Joe vision & Mellon vision. How accurate is the radio station with this information, that I don't know. Just thought I'd share what I heard.

Terry Foster today said that that report was not truthful. Bettman was actually pucshing for NBC to allow this in Detroit and Pittsburgh, he just wasn't pushing NBC hard enough.

Something tells me that they are going to let Pittsburgh have its viewing party outside the Igloo, but Detroit can't have their party in JLA.

They're wrong. I know that Bettman called NBC during the playoffs to try get them to allow the Pens to have an outdoor screen. The only people accusing the NHL is NBC they're trying to put the blame on them.

Eklund: NBC is now trying to pass this off as an NHL issue. IT IS NOT. They tried that with me at first as well.

An NHL source told me the following last night, " NBC has exclusive distribution rights in the United States -- so, absent NBC consent, Detroit doesn't have right to exhibit NBC or CBC feed. as long as NBC refuses to allow this practice, there's not much we can do about it. it certainly wouldn't be fair to Pittsburgh if Detroit did something Pittsburgh was not permitted to do. again, other than acknowledging NBC's legal and contractual rights, this has nothing to do with us."

A spokesman for NBC declined comment. However, Bernadette Mansur, senior vice president of communications for the NHL, said one of the league's contractual agreements with NBC is that clubs will not hold viewing parties in their arenas.

So, how quickly can we put together COBO VISION? Or heck, even Palace Vision? If the buildings were available that is... man, would have been great to know about this a few more days ago! LOL!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am planning to boycott BOTH NBC and CBC tonight, and just listen to the game on radio, screw them. Besides then I can watch the Tigers on mute at the same time as the game.

CBC is the better of the two. How can you simply only listen to a possible Stanley Cup clinching game. If NBC was my only option that is what I would be watching but I am fortunate to have the option of CBC. And you can just get another TV and be able to watch both the Tigers and the Red Wings.

Edited by themule0932

CBC is the better of the two. How can you simply only listen to a possible Stanley Cup clinching game. If NBC was my only option that is what I would be watching but I am fortunate to have the option of CBC. And you can just get another TV and be able to watch both the Tigers and the Red Wings.

It's simple, if they're gonna screw us over, then I'm gonna screw them too, cup clinching game or not.

Edited by Michigansportsfan

Why don't you guys just head over to Hockeytown Cafe for the game.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/06/ho...old_game_6.html

Hockeytown Cafe will be hosting a special Game 6 viewing party on Tuesday, June 9 when the Red Wings continue their Stanley Cup finals series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, and you're invited. All of the fun begins at 8 p.m. EDT.

Bring lawn chairs for outdoor viewing of Game 6 on the 9x12 foot screen that will come to life on the patio. An outdoor barbecue and beer stands will be available.

The big screen inside the City Theatre will also be open to offer additional viewing opportunities for Red Wings' fans with the ultimate TV experience!

On Hockeytown Cafe's three levels, fans can enjoy the game on one of the 30-plasma TVs.

The Red Wings' NAPA Pit Crew will be on hand with giveaways and the chance to win great Red Wings' prizes, including merchandise.