• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jaymz99

Heads Up - NO JOE VISION TOMORROW!

Rate this topic

I agree that Hockeytown is a good alternative, but to those who asked why I would not be going is because I am not driving an hour and a half north not to be at the Joe. I wanted to go because of the environment with the horns and the crowd and sitting in the Joe seats and watching it on the jumbotron. That's the reason, I'm not being whiny or anything, I just wanted to see it at the joe. But my tv will do.

games 3&4 were aired by Versus. This is NBC.

So then how is NBC placing the blame on the NHL if the NHL allowed it with versus? Sounds like this is the NBC's fault. But then it leaves me wondering about cbc. This whole thing is screwed up. Joe Vision has been going on for years.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

So then how is NBC placing the blame on the NHL if the NHL allowed it with versus? Sounds like this is the NBC's fault. But then it leaves me wondering about cbc. This whole thing is screwed up. Joe Vision has been going on for years.

Link

A source familiar with the rights negotiations said the NHL asked NBC and CBC not to allow the Wings to broadcast the game.

According to this it was the league's decision to tell both networks to disallow this, then why did the league not also step in and disallow the Versus broadcast to be used in the same manner in Pittsburgh.

Link

According to this it was the league's decision to tell both networks to disallow this, then why did the league not also step in and disallow the Versus broadcast to be used in the same manner in Pittsburgh.

Right now it is a back and forth finger pointing match. It seems the consensus is that NBC is really to blame for this and blaming the NHL is their way to get out of it. I really don't think the NHL had anything to do with it. I think this all rests on the shoulders of NBC and their greedy pockets.

What would the NHL be gaining by telling NBC no? What would NBC be gaining? RATINGS. They thnk by having 10,000+ fans in the joe, that will throw the rating system off.

I agree that Hockeytown is a good alternative, but to those who asked why I would not be going is because I am not driving an hour and a half north not to be at the Joe. I wanted to go because of the environment with the horns and the crowd and sitting in the Joe seats and watching it on the jumbotron. That's the reason, I'm not being whiny or anything, I just wanted to see it at the joe. But my tv will do.

I agree. I had full intentions of going to JoeVision but now I am staying home. I live 1.5 hours north and am not about to drive that far to sit in the equivelent of a restaurant and have to spend a ton of money on food and beer. I am sure it will be neat to be among fans but not the same as being in the joe with the banners hanging, the pregame show, the fire, the goal horns etc.

I agree. I had full intentions of going to JoeVision but now I am staying home. I live 1.5 hours north and am not about to drive that far to sit in the equivelent of a restaurant and have to spend a ton of money on food and beer. I am sure it will be neat to be among fans but not the same as being in the joe with the banners hanging, the pregame show, the fire, the goal horns etc.

Agreed. Watching it in a friends basement with a 68" or something like that TV with 8 other people is fun, but watching it on the jumbotron @ JLA with a ton of fans is a whole nother story.

i echo all those staying home now... got a group of 9 coming over, already went shopping for food, pop and adult pop... tv is all ready to go its on!

even if joeVISION was to be a go now i would be staying home... too little too late now

This is why I think going out isa good idea because won't that affect ratings? Or I hope those people at home are watching cbc if they can.

I would be going out because you are right, that is messing with the ratings too, but the only place around my area to watch is Bdubs (buffalo wild wings) and well they don't have sound and chances are the wings will be on one screen and bball will be on the other 46 TVs. Plus, I was there last year for game 5 and well we know how that turned out so I guess I am just superstitous.

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5