• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#181 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

Send emails. Forward the email lists to other fans. There is still time!
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#182 TLinsday09

TLinsday09

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ June 8, 2009 - 10:31PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i say charge $10... $5 goes to the charity and the other $5 goes to the pay off the fine charity.

simple as pie, they can raise a good $10,000 to $50,000 easily

or just allow the joe to have a neilson box and count all 10,000 of us watching.... der

They don't care, we're the old hockey fans.
The Marines have landed and the situation is well in hand.

#183 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

Still off? Anyone getting replies?
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#184 ClassyPensFan

ClassyPensFan

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Casey @ June 9, 2009 - 10:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes and Nope.

I'm not suprised, NBC has stuck to their word since the playoffs have started and they haven't budged.

#185 ClassyPensFan

ClassyPensFan

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Casey @ June 9, 2009 - 10:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes and Nope.

I'm not suprised, NBC has stuck to their word since the playoffs have started and they haven't budged.

#186 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:40 AM

Nothing here.

riversVISION is all set up! f*** NBC I don't have a box and neither do the 15 people at my house tonight...

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#187 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

I was just listening to the radio(97.1) on my drive home, and they were discussing this same situation. Apparently, it's Bettman that won't allow NBC or CBC to give the rights for Joe vision & Mellon vision. How accurate is the radio station with this information, that I don't know. Just thought I'd share what I heard.

#188 FLWINGSFAN4013

FLWINGSFAN4013

Al the Octopus

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

how can the nhl not want to do this?

#189 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

I don't know if this link was already posted in the previous 9 pages, as I haven't had the chance to skim it yet, but I wanted to look into what I heard on the radio, and this is what I found:

http://www.freep.com...ORTS05/90608088

#190 themule0932

themule0932

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Kween78 @ June 9, 2009 - 12:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just listening to the radio(97.1) on my drive home, and they were discussing this same situation. Apparently, it's Bettman that won't allow NBC or CBC to give the rights for Joe vision & Mellon vision. How accurate is the radio station with this information, that I don't know. Just thought I'd share what I heard.

Terry Foster today said that that report was not truthful. Bettman was actually pucshing for NBC to allow this in Detroit and Pittsburgh, he just wasn't pushing NBC hard enough.

#191 BAFGA

BAFGA

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

Something tells me that they are going to let Pittsburgh have its viewing party outside the Igloo, but Detroit can't have their party in JLA.

#192 themule0932

themule0932

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

Detroit's viewing party is on the patio of Hockeytown Cafe and in the Cafe's theatre.

#193 ClassyPensFan

ClassyPensFan

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Kween78 @ June 9, 2009 - 12:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're wrong. I know that Bettman called NBC during the playoffs to try get them to allow the Pens to have an outdoor screen. The only people accusing the NHL is NBC they're trying to put the blame on them.

Eklund: NBC is now trying to pass this off as an NHL issue. IT IS NOT. They tried that with me at first as well.

An NHL source told me the following last night, " NBC has exclusive distribution rights in the United States -- so, absent NBC consent, Detroit doesn't have right to exhibit NBC or CBC feed. as long as NBC refuses to allow this practice, there's not much we can do about it. it certainly wouldn't be fair to Pittsburgh if Detroit did something Pittsburgh was not permitted to do. again, other than acknowledging NBC's legal and contractual rights, this has nothing to do with us."

#194 ClassyPensFan

ClassyPensFan

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (BAFGA @ June 9, 2009 - 01:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something tells me that they are going to let Pittsburgh have its viewing party outside the Igloo, but Detroit can't have their party in JLA.

Can't happen. The screen has already been torn down.

#195 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

A spokesman for NBC declined comment. However, Bernadette Mansur, senior vice president of communications for the NHL, said one of the league's contractual agreements with NBC is that clubs will not hold viewing parties in their arenas.

So, how quickly can we put together COBO VISION? Or heck, even Palace Vision? If the buildings were available that is... man, would have been great to know about this a few more days ago! LOL!

#196 Michigansportsfan

Michigansportsfan

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am planning to boycott BOTH NBC and CBC tonight, and just listen to the game on radio, screw them. Besides then I can watch the Tigers on mute at the same time as the game.

#197 themule0932

themule0932

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Michigansportsfan @ June 9, 2009 - 02:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am planning to boycott BOTH NBC and CBC tonight, and just listen to the game on radio, screw them. Besides then I can watch the Tigers on mute at the same time as the game.

CBC is the better of the two. How can you simply only listen to a possible Stanley Cup clinching game. If NBC was my only option that is what I would be watching but I am fortunate to have the option of CBC. And you can just get another TV and be able to watch both the Tigers and the Red Wings.

Edited by themule0932, 09 June 2009 - 01:34 PM.

#198 Michigansportsfan

Michigansportsfan

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (themule0932 @ June 9, 2009 - 02:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CBC is the better of the two. How can you simply only listen to a possible Stanley Cup clinching game. If NBC was my only option that is what I would be watching but I am fortunate to have the option of CBC. And you can just get another TV and be able to watch both the Tigers and the Red Wings.

It's simple, if they're gonna screw us over, then I'm gonna screw them too, cup clinching game or not.

Edited by Michigansportsfan, 09 June 2009 - 01:38 PM.

#199 WingedD

WingedD

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

Why don't you guys just head over to Hockeytown Cafe for the game.

http://blog.mlive.co...old_game_6.html

Hockeytown Cafe will be hosting a special Game 6 viewing party on Tuesday, June 9 when the Red Wings continue their Stanley Cup finals series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, and you're invited. All of the fun begins at 8 p.m. EDT.
Bring lawn chairs for outdoor viewing of Game 6 on the 9x12 foot screen that will come to life on the patio. An outdoor barbecue and beer stands will be available.

The big screen inside the City Theatre will also be open to offer additional viewing opportunities for Red Wings' fans with the ultimate TV experience!

On Hockeytown Cafe's three levels, fans can enjoy the game on one of the 30-plasma TVs.

The Red Wings' NAPA Pit Crew will be on hand with giveaways and the chance to win great Red Wings' prizes, including merchandise.

#200 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

Don't want to read 10 pages, but this is my thought, sorry if its a repeat. How come the Penguins got to hold their outside jumbotron party during games 3 AND 4 but the Wings cannot do Joe Vision...