Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#82 sdogg1m

sdogg1m

Determination!

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ June 8, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats own campaign i have had against them from the second they started showing hockey.

it is super appropriate... if it wasnt for them we would have joeVISION (ie see the years in the past when we did have it)

their grace is nothing... they are being tools about it.

Eh, F*ck NBC smacks of being an immature spoiled brat. You are never going to get your way with someone by telling them to eff off.

I understand why they are doing it (disperse people for more viewers/higher ratings) but I don't think it will bring them good PR. At most they will make up on 20-40k in viewership. Going with that approach with get you much further with NBC.

PS, the TV stations have the same type of policy regarding the Super Bowl.

#83 spydrwebb

spydrwebb

Hockeytown West

• Gold Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

i agree some posturing is taking place. my only real point was the honey/vinegar piece. the debate is completely substantiated by previous and current actions on part of the network(s), just not sure how much they would pay attention to a "f*ck ____" directed specifically at them.

i, too, hope their decision is overturned; moreso because it is a great charitable opportunity several times each year. best wishes with this endeavor to make that happen.

QUOTE (OsGOD @ June 8, 2009 - 02:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats own campaign i have had against them from the second they started showing hockey.

it is super appropriate... if it wasnt for them we would have joeVISION (ie see the years in the past when we did have it)

their grace is nothing... they are being tools about it.

IPB Image

*live, love, learn... leave a legend*

#84 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (spydrwebb @ June 8, 2009 - 02:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i agree some posturing is taking place. my only real point was the honey/vinegar piece. the debate is completely substantiated by previous and current actions on part of the network(s), just not sure how much they would pay attention to a "f*ck ____" directed specifically at them.

i, too, hope their decision is overturned; moreso because it is a great charitable opportunity several times each year. best wishes with this endeavor to make that happen.

who said anything about sending F*ck NBC... to them? none of the letters are saying that. its a group on facebook. People can say F*ck NBC all they want, it won't affect their decision at all.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#85 Mike

Mike

Population: 11 Banners

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

My letter to NBC.

To whom it may concern,

Today I learned that the Detroit Red Wings and Joe Louis Arena will not be allowed to hold an annual playoff tradition. This tradition is Joe Vision where away Detroit Red Wings playoff games are shown on the big screen over the ice so that thousands of fans can come and enjoy the game with each other. This annual tradition would be held tomorrow night for Game #6 of the Stanley Cup Finals where the Red Wings have a chance to clinch the Stanley Cup. However, NBC has decided to deny Joe Louis Arena and the Detroit Red Wings the viewing rights for the game.

Due to this decision by NBC, Joe Vision will not be held. Not only is NBC destroying a playoff tradition but they are denying funds to a charity. All proceeds of the Joe Vision events benefit the Detroit Red Wings Foundation.

Also, not every fan is able to travel hundreds of miles and purchase tickets to an away game that can cost $700-$1000 to view their team have a chance at becoming Stanley Cup Champions.

It is unfortunate that NBC does not understand hockey fans and their long standing traditions. It seems to me that NBC is more worried about ratings and advertising revenues than the actual viewers who make it possible for NBC to be successful. As I understand, NBC has made a similar decision that will not allow the Pittsburgh Penguins to set up a large outdoor screen for their fans to view the game outside of Mellon Arena. However, the Versus network allowed the Pittsburgh Penguins to show their broadcast on the large outdoor screen for Game #3 and Game #4.

Due to this abysmal decision by NBC, I will be viewing Game #6 of the Stanley Cup Finals and any other game that may occur in the Stanley Cup Finals on CBC. Also, as a result of this decision, I am forced to avoid NBC all together. It is extremely unfortunate that NBC has made the decision to outcast hundreds of thousands of hockey fans that would have otherwise attended events like Joe Vision.

Respectfully,

A disgruntled Red Wings fan and former NBC viewer.

Sig by TeeMan

#86 Nic

Nic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (ClassyPensFan @ June 8, 2009 - 02:33PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just go to your local sports bar or restaurant to watch the game. That's less eyeballs for NBC and you'll enjoy the game with a bunch of Wings fans.

That's my plan. I'm either going out or watching CBC for sure. I send an email to all the addresses listed in the other thread, as well.

#87 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

Why not just go to Joe Vision!!

#88 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

Sorry I got to watch it from NBC. No bar is picking up the game on CBC.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#89 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Kween78 @ June 8, 2009 - 03:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not just go to Joe Vision!!

Because they're not having Joe Vision.
QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#90 pjgj13

pjgj13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:12 PM

The only problem is CBC does not have HD.

#91 Slayergirl78

Slayergirl78

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (pjgj13 @ June 8, 2009 - 02:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strange I've been watching CBC HD all playoffs long.......

#92 Favshortie51913

Favshortie51913

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (pjgj13 @ June 8, 2009 - 03:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make your voice heard:

NBC comment line 212-664-2333
NBC: 1-818-840-4444
... Read More
Jeff Zucker 212-664-4444
jeff.zucker@nbcuni.com
President NBC Entertainment
c/o NBC-TV
3000 West Alameda Ave.
Burbank., CA 91523

Dick Ebersol
212-664-2014
dick.ebersol@nbcuni.com

Ken Schanzer
212-664-2014
ken.schanzer@nbcuni.com

Make your voices heard. They are tearing down the TV in front of Mellon and NO JOE VISION!!! Please contact before 5 p.m.!
IPB Image
Stevie might have retired... but he gave his heart to Dan CLEARY!

#93 DRW40

DRW40

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

this is sad I went to last years joe vision both days and I had alot of fun.....I was there the night we won the cup.....that was awesome!!!Wish NBC wasnt so much of a ratings hug!!!

#94 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Again, need I mention that it DOES NOT MATTER that you don't watch the game UNLESS YOU HAVE A NIELSEN RATINGS BOX?!!?!!?
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#95 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

i watch cbc biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#96 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

Hmm so why do people wanna see it at the joe? is it on a huge screen or something? Why not watch it at home on your nice HDTV... can't understand why you guys complain biggrin.gif

#97 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (mindfly @ June 8, 2009 - 03:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm so why do people wanna see it at the joe? is it on a huge screen or something? Why not watch it at home on your nice HDTV... can't understand why you guys complain biggrin.gif

Yeah, the Jumbotron.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#98 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (Ms_Hockey @ June 8, 2009 - 03:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because they're not having Joe Vision.

Yeah I just read that after I made the post, that's a huge bummer.

#99 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

On the one hand.. I want the NHL to be successful.

At the same time, I'm tired of it doing so at the expense of the quality of product, tradition, and the experience of the fans.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#100 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Casey @ June 8, 2009 - 09:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Jumbotron.

Sounds interesting, how many attend to it?

Guess it's better atmosphere sitting around fellow fans cheering together for your team rather than watching it at home on HDTV... smile.gif I would be happy with both options though wink.gif