• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PROBIE4PREZ

Gary Thorne article

Rate this topic

SCOOORRREEESS!!!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I always thought Thorne was the best hockey pxp guy. I would love it if he came over to Versus and NBC. His calls of the Yzerman double OT winner in '96 and the McCarty goal in '97 still give me chills everytime I watch them. It sucks he has been away for so long, but at least he still is the pxp guy on NHL 09!

I always liked Thorne. Too bad he was always stuck with 'Clement-Clement-Hands of cement' the Av lover!

esteef

I always got the feelin that Thorne was an Av lover, too. I still liked him though.

Guest Shoreline

To reiterate, it's sad that people called him Thorgasm before. He was one of the best announcers, even though he was susceptible to yapping like every other American broadcast does.

Guest Shoreline
nhl 09 needed way more lines for Thorne and Clement .. they get so damn repitive its annoying

I usually have announcers off anyways. Either hear the on-ice play or just listen to music while playing.

Guest Shoreline
McCarty in, McCarty Draws, McCarty SCORES! A Magnificent goal, Darren McCarty!

My most memorable Thorne call. Any Wings fan should remember this one.

Along with the Stevie in Game 7 win, Roy's Statue of Liberty, that one definitely stands out. I believe for the first goal of that game he called Nick Lidstrom -> "Nicholas" Lidstrom.

I remember 2002 game...

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /> Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

I miss Gary Thorne. No offense to Doc Emrick, who is a decent substitution, but like so many other Red Wings fans, Gary Thorne's voice does the inner play-by-play of my memories of our past Cup wins, it would be a shame if the networks did not make him a sufficient offer to bring him back to the sport he loves so much. I can't believe his talents are being wasted on Orioles baseball of all things.