• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MississippiWing

Words that need to be banned from Hockey Vocabulary

Rate this topic

Class-It's in every thread and is way overused recommended replacement:sack example: Your team suffers from a complete lack of sack.

Momentum Shift- Not that they don't exist per say, but every single goal is not a momentum shift. Recommended Replacement: None just deletion

Not his night- Everyone has an occasional s***ty game, but when Z has shut down Crosby for pretty much a whole series every night can't be "not his night" recommended replacement: sucks(ed) example: Man Zetterberg shut down Crosby tonight maybe he just sucked.

The Face of The League- It's a useless term until the league lets the cream come to the top instead of forcing it there. The NBA,NFL,and MLB all let the fans decide who is the best player and then put that player on tv instead of starting at putting them on tv every game. Recommended replacement: Top Stars Example: Look there's Datsyuk and Crosby they are some of the top stars in the league

Your football team sucks- regardless of what 2 teams are playing one of their cities football team will end up sucking. This has no place in hockey discussion. Recommended replacement: none just deletion

Edited by MississippiWing

Pierre .... annoying recommended replacement Crosby knob polisher

Enzo.... annoying recommended replacement Pittsburgh Sympathizer

Knifed away.... annoying recommended replacement Who the f*** cares what replaces this!

all excellent recommendations so far. Here's one i'm not sure about "Stealing a game or two" I'm not so sure that one player really steals a game. I mean yeah you could say goalies steal games, but in the end someone else on his team has to put the puck in the net so he never really did it by himself.

Guest micah

Instigator penalty Recommended replacement: None

plastic (when used on elbow or shoulder pads) Recommended replacement: Cotton. Hitting and being hit are supposed to hurt, and pads are not supposed to be weapons. Plastic armor on the shoulders and elbows does not significantly reduce injurries and should be banned.

Spin-o-rama - Just sounds too darn fruity and basketball-like. Replace it with anything more manly/less basketball-ish.

Oh and speaking of Pierre and that whole bunch.....if we can get the rest of the NHL saying our players' names correctly..that'd be sweet. ie FRAN-ZIN, WHOD-LER

-Z

Class-It's in every thread and is way overused recommended replacement:sack example: Your team suffers from a complete lack of sack.

Momentum Shift- Not that they don't exist per say, but every single goal is not a momentum shift. Recommended Replacement: None just deletion

Not his night- Everyone has an occasional s***ty game, but when Z has shut down Crosby for pretty much a whole series every night can't be "not his night" recommended replacement: sucks(ed) example: Man Zetterberg shut down Crosby tonight maybe he just sucked.

The Face of The League- It's a useless term until the league lets the cream come to the top instead of forcing it there. The NBA,NFL,and MLB all let the fans decide who is the best player and then put that player on tv instead of starting at putting them on tv every game. Recommended replacement: Top Stars Example: Look there's Datsyuk and Crosby they are some of the top stars in the league

Your football team sucks- regardless of what 2 teams are playing one of their cities football team will end up sucking. This has no place in hockey discussion. Recommended replacement: none just deletion

WIN.

:thumbup:

Oh and speaking of Pierre and that whole bunch.....if we can get the rest of the NHL saying our players' names correctly..that'd be sweet. ie FRAN-ZIN, WHOD-LER

I'll take mispronounced over Doc Emrick's constant misidentification of our guys.

"You can slap me silly, Sidney!"

Ban it. PLEASE. Along with any other ridiculous thing Mike Lange says. Hate, hate, hate that man's voice.

"Scratch my back with a hacksaw" and" Buy Sam a drink and his dog one two" and "that takes the heat out of a hot kitchen"

were mainstays of the Pens run in the 90's.

I'd vote to keep them.

Edited by Flintstone Cicarelli