• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Husker BigGuy

Only One Team Has Played for the Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

For the last two years, only one team has actually played for The Stanley Cup, and that's the Wings.

Last year they played twice for it. Let's keep the record clean and play once for it this time.

Babcock said as much as this in his press conference. I just elaborate here.

Post game presser, he said you really only play for the cup after you have three wins.

Good point. Let's hope we close them out tonight. No need to stretch this drama out any further, I can't take it.

As long as Datsyuk is back we'll be okay, I think. It seems that none of the Wings are in the mood to take a night off and let up on the gas. The Pens are going to come out hard. But they'll also fall apart quickly if the WIngs strike first.

Good point. Let's hope we close them out tonight. No need to stretch this drama out any further, I can't take it.

As long as Datsyuk is back we'll be okay, I think. It seems that none of the Wings are in the mood to take a night off and let up on the gas. The Pens are going to come out hard. But they'll also fall apart quickly if the WIngs strike first.

I wouldnt be so sure about that at least not in Pittsburgh anyway. The Wings both times in Games 3 and 4 had 2-1 leads late in the first period and early in the 2nd period and appeared to have taken control of the game only to see both leads vanish which lead to the Wings losing both games. This series is just destined for 7 games I believe. The Wings may win the Cup which right now I think they have an excellent chance of doing more so then the Penguins, but the Penguins lead by Crosby and Malkin will not let the Wings do it again on their home-ice for the 2nd straight year.

tonight?

I wouldnt be so sure about that at least not in Pittsburgh anyway. The Wings both times in Games 3 and 4 had 2-1 leads late in the first period and early in the 2nd period and appeared to have taken control of the game only to see both leads vanish which lead to the Wings losing both games. This series is just destined for 7 games I believe. The Wings may win the Cup which right now I think they have an excellent chance of doing more so then the Penguins, but the Penguins lead by Crosby and Malkin will not let the Wings do it again on their home-ice for the 2nd straight year.

None of the above happened with Datsyuk in the lineup.

esteef

None of the above happened with Datsyuk in the lineup.

esteef

True and I know him being in the lineup is going to make the Wings a much better team playing in Pittsburgh tomorrow night then the 2 games last week. The Wings have to expect the Pens to bring their absolute best tomorrow night seeing that they dont want them to skate with the cup on their ice for the 2nd straight year and the Pens should expect the same from the Wings seeing that they want to close it out in Pittsburgh for a 2nd straight year. The Wings will see a much better Pens team in Game 6 that will be more disciplined and be more focused and ready to go then the other night in Detroit...

True and I know him being in the lineup is going to make the Wings a much better team playing in Pittsburgh tomorrow night then the 2 games last week. The Wings have to expect the Pens to bring their absolute best tomorrow night seeing that they dont want them to skate with the cup on their ice for the 2nd straight year and the Pens should expect the same from the Wings seeing that they want to close it out in Pittsburgh for a 2nd straight year. The Wings will see a much better Pens team in Game 6 that will be more disciplined and be more focused and ready to go then the other night in Detroit...

I hope so. I'd love to see a wide open, fast skating, hard hitting, clean game. I think it favors the wings, though.

are you sure this is an advantage to be lead by this ... guy?

It sure is and Im speaking more in terms of scoring goals and setting up scoring chances then I am in terms of leading things in the locker room. You can say whatever you want too in the locker room these last 2 potential games here and it wont mean anything. If Crosby wasnt a leader he wouldnt be the youngest Captain in the history of the NHL to lead his team to 2 straight Stanley Cup Finals. I know a lot of people get on the guys ass about whining and bitching a lot but let's stop and give the guy a little bit of credit here too...

I hope so. I'd love to see a wide open, fast skating, hard hitting, clean game. I think it favors the wings, though.

I agree it probably does which is all the more reason why I believe that Marc Andre Fleury has to be the best player on the ice for the Penguins in both Game 6 and Game 7 if there is one. If he is not then the Penguins are not going to win this series it's that simple...

Meet ANOTHER young captain from the state of Pennsylvania. He came into the NHL with MUCH fanfare and the league spent countless hours and millions on promoting him as the NEXT ONE as well. He put up huge numbers. He won a lot of hardware early in his career. This young captain also led his team into the Final vs the Red Wings.

It's a cautionary tale for young Mr. Crosby should the Wings win this year too. Pretty soon you reach your saturation point and fans start to think they've seen and heard everything you can do and suddenly they move onto somone else.

eric-lindros-picture-flyers_feature.jpg

Lord knows he's starved for credit!

:lol:

... Sid is a very talented player BUT his ego out does him ... he was handed the Captaincy too soon and didn't really earn it. He hasn't grown up yet and IMO he has no clue on how to lead in the vain of Yzerman or Lids ... or is it that us Wings fans just spoiled by Stevie and Lids?

Anyone who thinks the Wings are incapable of beating the Penns at home isn't really thinking.

I dont think that at all and I know the Penguins are going to have to as I said before rip the Wings ******* hearts out in both game 6 and especially game 7 if they are going to win this series. Im still reading on here from a lot of Wings fans and a lot of Wings fans that I know personally that think this series is over tomorrow night and that the Wings are going to roll over the Pens once again like they did in Game 5. One thing is for sure this Pens team is resilient and have been all year long. They battled back from 10th place in the middle of February all the way to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals against the defending champs. They have a lot of character and are a very dangerous team when their backs are against the wall. They will not hand the Wings anything especially in their own building for a 2nd consecutive season...

exactly what I was thinking

... 87to71? ... as far as leading by scoring goals how many has he scored in the finals again? :hehe:

Well he has to start putting more pucks in the net and creating more chances much like he did in games 3 and 4.

Meet ANOTHER young captain from the state of Pennsylvania. He came into the NHL with MUCH fanfare and the league spent countless hours and millions on promoting him as the NEXT ONE as well. He put up huge numbers. He won a lot of hardware early in his career. This young captain also led his team into the Final vs the Red Wings.

It's a cautionary tale for young Mr. Crosby should the Wings win this year too. Pretty soon you reach your saturation point and fans start to think they've seen and heard everything you can do and suddenly they move onto somone else.

eric-lindros-picture-flyers_feature.jpg

Touche, salesman.

The only real difference between Lindros and Crosby is that Eric's dad was the one who was doing all the hype, whereas Sid has had none other than the Commish himself as his advocate.

Time will only tell what will be Crosby's undoing, I do not wish the concussions on him like Lindros, but every player that the league has tried to promote as the "Next One" has met with an untimely end to their career.