• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wheelchairwing

Time Warner Cable question (CBC)

Rate this topic

Earlier this year, everything in my Northwest Ohio home was wonderful...and then...just before Don Cherry's controversy with Ovechkin (sp? sorry!) Time Warner decided to eliminate CBC from our package, citing something along the lines of "repeat programming." Considering that NBC's coverage of hockey is horrible and that the Red Wings could win the Stanley Cup tomorrow, I am totally distraught, as I usually flip over to CBC when the lackluster NBC coverage ends.

Has anybody on this message board ran into the same problem? Is there anything that I can possibly do about it? I have been watching as much of the CBC online programming as I possibly can, and I realize that they do not post everything that they show on television. Should I just wait on Youtube to see if anyone will post anything? If anyone has any suggestions (that are legal) or if you have run into the same problem with Time Warner or other cable companies, please let me know. I hope I am not the only one that is experiencing this travesty. I WANT MY CBC BACK!!!!!! :angry:

Eugh, I had the same problem living in BG this year. It was horrible. I got too lucky the first round was on FSOhio or I wouldn't have been able to see it at all. So frustrating. Now that I'm back in Toledo I don't have Time Warner and I don't have any answers for you, but I wanted to let you know you aren't alone.

CBC offers the games online.

although i dont know if its for us Canadian's only, but if it is, just get a proxy. I do this all the time when i go to hulu or nbc for vids cause its USA only.

hope this helps

CBC offers the games online.

although i dont know if its for us Canadian's only, but if it is, just get a proxy. I do this all the time when i go to hulu or nbc for vids cause its USA only.

hope this helps

Whats a good proxy (if can be posted here, otherwise PM?) thats fast enough for good streaming?

otherwise, maybe justin.tv or something will have a good cbc feed. I wish hockeystreams didnt use nbc/vs

Whats a good proxy (if can be posted here, otherwise PM?) thats fast enough for good streaming?

otherwise, maybe justin.tv or something will have a good cbc feed. I wish hockeystreams didnt use nbc/vs

I have a quick tutorial for setting up proxies here. There ultimately is no one 'good' proxy, it's largely dependent on where you are in relation to the proxy itself, though on average a transparent proxy will be better than a secure anonymous one for stuff that eats up bandwith. Generally you'll need to plug in a couple to find one that works the way you want, you just need to be a little patient with it.