• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

I've run around all day. Mowed the lawn. Shopped for s*** I don't need. Got groceries when the pantry's already full. Even cleaned toilets!

Uhh, I was supposed to do all those things yesterday and didn't because my sister is coming to visit tomorrow... wanna come over to my house? :P

I'm going to try and get stuff done before the game, because if I don't, I start thinking about it and get so nervous I make myself sick and I almost threw up and work and blah blah blah blah blah GOOO WINGS.

The sad thing is I haven't had much caffine today and I'm this antsy.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Not bad for your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to skate free after losing twice in Pittsburgh, the second time prompting Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik to diagnose an acute disillusionment among the Red army.

"Once we made it 3-2 and especially 4-2, they started talking a lot more [and] I thought that played right into our hands," Orpik said in the Penguins' dressing room after Game 4. "If they want to waste that energy, that's fine with us."

Uhh, I was supposed to do all those things yesterday and didn't because my sister is coming to visit tomorrow... wanna come over to my house? :P

I'm going to try and get stuff done before the game, because if I don't, I start thinking about it and get so nervous I make myself sick and I almost threw up and work and blah blah blah blah blah GOOO WINGS.

The sad thing is I haven't had much caffine today and I'm this antsy.

I'd love to! Use to have kinfolk in Westminster/Long Beach. Besides, I've GOT to vent some more, even if it means physical exertion.

..............jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzussssssssssssssssssssss....

As for the caffeine thing, I'm thinking that's part of my problem. I went back for the final physical for the study I did, and couldn't have coffee, chocolate - anything caffeinated for more than a week. Almost bought a coffee the size of a keg this morning and gulped that puppy down. Only added to my pinging thingie! :colorbounce:

Bylsma brings up a point that's in our favor. He says here that the Pens were trying to play a physical game against the Wings and started "running around". That means, kids, that they ain't no Anaheim Ducks. So my question is, what's left for them against our depth? And Fleury may be 4-0 after losing a game by more than four, but that doesn't mean he can't be had.

GO, WINGS!! GO, SWEET OZZIE!!!

Tonight, we see the true character of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Expect a great game. Win or lose the Penguins HAVE to come out hard, HAVE to play their hearts out for 60+ mins. If they don't bounce back, they haven't come far enough from last year to say "we learned from this"

The Wings on the other hand HAVE to focus, HAVE to stand strong and whether the storms. If they don't play 60 mins, we'll be heading back to the Joe with a few extra visitors.

I'm expecting the greatest playoff game of the past two years, so LET'S GO RED WINGS!! :siren:

Game is an hour away and already I'm so nervous I'm sick to my stomach. I even threw up my dinner. :(

Well, that's made of suck.

*stomach-healing vibes* Pavel taught me how to send these!

I'd love to see the headlines tomorrow with a picture of Lidstrom handing the cup to Hossa

+1

I would also love that picture. Classic.

O man, 1 more hour till game-time:!:

Let me tell you guys something.

Four years ago, I went to a Pirates game at PNC Park against the Chicago White Sox. Once I bought my ticket, I had a $20 bill left. But when I got to my seat and decided I was hungry, I could not find this bill. So my friend I was with didnÂ’t have enough for me and I could not too much longer without food or I would have died. So we rode the elevator down to the concession stands and one of the ushers who was an elevator operator heard my story.

Now, ushers do not get paid too much I suspect. ItÂ’s more of a retirement job to be around a place that they love- the ballpark. But this usher lent me $20 out of his own pocket. I had never seen this man, but he gave me $20 for food. It was unbelievable. So I got food and enjoyed the game thoroughly and the Pirates ended up winning in the bottom of the ninth inning off a Freddy Sanchez homerun 7-6 to break a 13 game losing streak. Great day. I think I paid the usher back eventually.

Now what does this usher lending me money have to do with the red wings being in the Stanley Cup Finals tonight? Loyalty. The usher showed incredible loyalty to the human race and me by lending me money even though he didnÂ’t know me. That was loyalty. Loyalty means that somebody out there gives a shi t about you and you have to ask yourself every day who you give a shi t about. If you forget who you are loyal to, then you forget yourself.

The red wings are where there are right now because of loyalty. If they were not loyal to themselves, their fans, their coach, and their owners, we would be watching another team right now, but their loyalty has trumped all their opponentsÂ’ loyalty so far. In order for the Red wings to emerge victorious tonight, they will have to be more loyal than the hockey world has ever seen. Our loyalty must carry us through the Red Storm tonight. Never forget loyalty.

Remember, without loyalty, that unwavering desire, that inbred spirit, the will to be great, true greatness can never be fully realized. But thanks be to heaven, every so often, a team emerges from the pits of he ll to become something greater as a whole than any one player could ever be. And that my friends, has been the Detroit Red Wings so far this playoffs and will be the Red Wings tonight. And that my friends, is loyalty.

Game is an hour away and already I'm so nervous I'm sick to my stomach. I even threw up my dinner. :(

Bebeeeee! :huh: I'm so sorry to hear that. My heart's pounding a mile a minute but so far, other than swallowing a lot I'm OK.... :blink:

Bebeeeee! :huh: I'm so sorry to hear that. My heart's pounding a mile a minute but so far, other than swallowing a lot I'm OK.... :blink:

That always happens when I get so nervous or worried about something that my stomach does flips. I'm hoping it calms down later so I can have a piece of my birthday cheesecake.

Friends and fellow Red Wings fans,

Relax.

These are the Red Wings we're talking about. Admit one thing and you'll soon be able to exhale and hold food down. The thing that worries you most about tonight is Friday. You fear a one game bad bounce ends your chances game. There is no need to fear that. None.

#1 you can't control it. live for the now, enjoy the game 6 that is put before you. There is at LEAST a 50-50 chance you'll be dancing around your living rooms after game 6. Live for the now. Relax and enjoy the three hours. Think about how badly you want to see them win the cup, it may well happen tonight. Don't wish your life away and as Wings fans, this is a big moment. Drink it in. Enjoy and realize game 7 will ONLY be necessary IF they don't win tonight.

To that end;

These are the Red Wings we're talking about. They have clinched every series but one on the road since the Cup title in 2002, In the enemies building, in front of frothing, loud, vile, hate filled fans, against teams playing desperate hockey. They've been to this spot before. All of them but Marian Hossa and ya know, I just bet you might get some special effort from him tonight. The Wings don't wilt in games like this. In most cases this bunch closes out a team when they have the chance. In two games they didn't close teams out in an elimination game, one they lost by a goal at Anahiem against a phenomenal team, and last year it took Pittsburgh three overtimes and the best game Marc Andre Fleury has played in his life. The Wings will give full effort and they have, for the most part, a healthy and RESTED crew.

These are the Red Wings we're talking about. They've been here before. Many times. They know the routine. They know what it takes.

Enjoy tonight, drink it ALL in. It starts now. Set the DVR, get the snacks ready.

Relax, these are the Red Wings we're talking about.

Strength and Honor

WHAT Stars fans?! :P

Thanks, I got a good chuckle out of that!

Believe it or not, although missing the playoffs this year will reduce the ignorant masses that attend games down here in Dallas, there are still enough transplants from Canada and the Northeast down here that cling blindly to the home team.

Thirty minutes to go! Nerves are already overwhelming the wife and 9-month old wearing her Red Wings PJs.....

That always happens when I get so nervous or worried about something that my stomach does flips. I'm hoping it calms down later so I can have a piece of my birthday cheesecake.

Mmmm! Yummeh in da tummeh! If you can't handle it I'll send you my address, 'kay? :sly:

You guys are set to watch your team play a game that if they win, will bring you the Cup.

Enjoy this game, and never ever take it for granted. This is something I have yet to experience and that I desprately want.

Have fun boys and girls.

That's me as well. I've been eating a lot of popsicles. Seems to be working out for me.

Friends and fellow Red Wings fans,

Relax.

These are the Red Wings we're talking about. Admit one thing and you'll soon be able to exhale and hold food down. The thing that worries you most about tonight is Friday. You fear a one game bad bounce ends your chances game. There is no need to fear that. None.

#1 you can't control it. live for the now, enjoy the game 6 that is put before you. There is at LEAST a 50-50 chance you'll be dancing around your living rooms after game 6. Live for the now. Relax and enjoy the three hours. Think about how badly you want to see them win the cup, it may well happen tonight. Don't wish your life away and as Wings fans, this is a big moment. Drink it in. Enjoy and realize game 7 will ONLY be necessary IF they don't win tonight.

To that end;

These are the Red Wings we're talking about. They have clinched every series but one on the road since the Cup title in 2002, In the enemies building, in front of frothing, loud, vile, hate filled fans, against teams playing desperate hockey. They've been to this spot before. All of them but Marian Hossa and ya know, I just bet you might get some special effort from him tonight. The Wings don't wilt in games like this. In most cases this bunch closes out a team when they have the chance. In two games they didn't close teams out in an elimination game, one they lost by a goal at Anahiem against a phenomenal team, and last year it took Pittsburgh three overtimes and the best game Marc Andre Fleury has played in his life. The Wings will give full effort and they have, for the most part, a healthy and RESTED crew.

These are the Red Wings we're talking about. They've been here before. Many times. They know the routine. They know what it takes.

Enjoy tonight, drink it ALL in. It starts now. Set the DVR, get the snacks ready.

Relax, these are the Red Wings we're talking about.

Strength and Honor

This is approximately where you really got my attention. All of it was good, but I could even feel my pupils dilate at this point. :ph34r: