• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

Someone needs to speak up in the locker room. Not a lashing out, but a motivational thing. Yzerman, where are you? Where is that switch and how to turn it on?

I agree! Motivational speech to get their asses in gear! They need to take this one now! they have the drive, the skill and the will to do it! GO WINGS! Show Ozzie that you want his saves to mean so much for the next three goals you score! Ge tyour asses out there and skate play with your hearts and win the Cup!

I know the pens are desperate, but come on. The Wings are getting outplayed in every aspect of the game. I would think the Cup would provide some motivation, but the wings look they are playing with anything but. Heres to a better third :thumbup:

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

That period was less than amusing. I think the refs are missing calls. Two interference calls and a couple of other bulls*** calls. The Wings need to get their heads out of their asses in their own soon. IT'S SICKENING! Hopefully Babs talks some sense into them and let's them know that blind passes out of the zone aren't going to help them get anywhere. We have to stop giving up so many chances.

STOP STANDING STILL!!!!

MAKE CRISP PASSES!!!!

FINISH YOUR CHECKS!!!!

BRING THE CUP HOME!!!!

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!

3rd Period rally!!!!

Yes. Play like it's a Cup clinching game, not November.

I said after the first that if the Wings' put the pressure on 5-on-5 that the power plays would come. Pretty safe to say that they're not doing that.

They're sitting back big-time in this game. Not seeing the aggressiveness at all. Too worried about making a mistake, standing around, not skating, not playing fast. There's no hard drive to the net. Nothing. Seems like they're also really, really worrying about the matchups, too. Too a fault almost, I'd say.

They're making it easy for Pittsburgh.

Got to earn that 16th one, fellas.

Hossa says he wants to win a Cup but his ass doesn't play like he wants it. Thanks Ozzie for keeping our sorry ass in the game.

Hossa does seem like he's barely skating, doesn't he? Maybe he's a traitor, trying to sabotage our efforts and he's being paid by Pittsburgh? lol

Even when most of them aren't trying with the Cup in the building?

Not all of us are so easily comforted by Starbucks and "juju". :rolleyes:

The Wings better come out like an entirely different team than the one that was getting beaten to pucks, knocked on their asses, and putting on clinic of ineptitude in a potential Cup-winning game.

Mmm...nice water and baking soda cocktail for intermission.

Offensive pressure for Det has been better than the first 4 games, so still a chance, but only one goal, no reason to worry yet.

Time for some Positive mojo.

Go WINGS!

Go WINGS!

GO WINGS!

We need to all be positive, I admit, i am blasting the defense. which they need to wake up. but.......

20 more minutes. The Wings will do this! all it takes its 2 goals

That period was less than amusing. I think the refs are missing calls. Two interference calls and a couple of other bulls*** calls.

They're not missing them, they're ignoring them. This game is right where the NHL wants it to be.

NEWSFLASH PENGUINS AREN'T A CAKEWALK.

Their season is on the line, and they could lose back-to-back Stanley cups at home. They are playing with amazing and desperate energy. We are only one goal away from a whole new game, we will be fine.

LET'S GO WINGS. POSITIVE THOUGHTS WE ARE GETTING THAT CUP TONIGHT.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Didn't the Pens already play a "PERFECT" game this year in the playoffs? By that I mean a game in which they didn't take a single penalty?

It's pretty amazing that the refs haven't found at least 1 penalty against them. In all fairness I think they've played well, if anything I might have called Kunitz on one of the 3 hits he left his feet on.

Well, it looked like he left his feet on 3 separate occasions. Either way, not a single penalty against them. Anybody think they'll get called for something in the 3rd?

It's one thing to run around reckless in game 5 and take dumb, aggressive penalties. That's easy for the refs to call in a blowout. It's an entirely different thing for the refs to not see a single infraction committed by the Pens.

Wings called for 2 penalties. Pens called for zero? How often does a team play a playoff game with zero penalty minutes? At Mellon arena. Bettman jizzes in pants for a game 7.

things that make you go hmmmm....?

:yowza:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I think NHL refs are pretty darn good. But not a single infraction in 40 minutes in the most crucial game of the year for Pitt, with a game 7 possible? Whatever. TBH, i'm surprised it hasn't been 4 or 5 calls against the Wings vs none against Pitt. And if this does go to a game 7, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing. Not because of the refs. But because Bettman tranquilized them, had chips inserted into their brains and will control their actions. Bettman is evil. He is the devil.

I said after the first that if the Wings' put the pressure on 5-on-5 that the power plays would come. Pretty safe to say that they're not doing that.

They're sitting back big-time in this game. Not seeing the aggressiveness at all. Too worried about making a mistake, standing around, not skating, not playing fast. There's no hard drive to the net. Nothing. Seems like they're also really, really worrying about the matchups, too. Too a fault almost, I'd say.

They're making it easy for Pittsburgh.

Got to earn that 16th one, fellas.

This is precisely what I was afraid of. This is the Penguins. You don't sit back and "weather the storm" with them. Yet thats what the Wings did in Game 3, 4, and for most of Game 6. I was really hoping they would've realized that whats given them success on the road is playing a simple puck possession game - not overhauling their entire game plan by sitting back and playing dump and chase.