• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

The Wings need to come out in the 4rd, put pressure on the Penguins, put puck on the net (good things happen when you shoot the puck :) ), be tidy defensively, and above all, win. The Wings will win this!

Wings need to keep it simple in the 3rd: Play fast, forecheck hard, drive the net, shoot. Get the Penguins back on their heels a bit, get them running around in their own end and the rest will take care of itself.

And not much of a forecheck in that period, either. I'm wondering if Hossa has a groin issue because I was immensely disappointed that he passed the puck when he was the lead man on a rush. No extra push, no explosiveness that we're used to seeing.

Need more shots. Can't pass up shots.

His skating and strength is on a whole new (lower) level right now. It has to be an injury. We'll find out once the series is over.

While we talk about how the Wings should come out in the 3rd will the Penns bring it on big time? This could be some amazing hockey. Then again, they might play safe, but I doubt it. Either way, we should pour it on and yet be patient. Keep the D back and let the forwards play their assess off. Forchecking, cycling and crashing the net. I think they can do it.

Guest Shoreline
IMO, Wings are very lucky to be down by only one, so I guess that could be a positive. And there were a couple of better moments in the second. There, I looked for some positives :)

The Penguins are also lucky it's tied, getting a fortunate post and bounces on the ice. The Wings aren't playing good on the offensive side at all, thus can't get many shots on goal (blocked) or can't sustain any pressure (not enough guys in the zone supporting). This will absolutely HAVE to change in the 3rd. More support, more desperate crashing the net.

crosby,CROSBY,CROSBY,crosby,crosby, CROSBY.

Oh yes, did we mention CrOsBy?

Welcome to NBC. :thumbdown:

ALSO...Whatever they call that special "cam"....It's on Crosby on the web. Is that speeeeecial or what? :puke:

And not much of a forecheck in that period, either. I'm wondering if Hossa has a groin issue because I was immensely disappointed that he passed the puck when he was the lead man on a rush. No extra push, no explosiveness that we're used to seeing.

Need more shots. Can't pass up shots.

That is what I am really worrying right now. We won game 5 because we made endless forechecks throughout the game. In this game, how many times have we done the forecheck? Helm looks to do a bit but other guys look to lay back and do not play for their hearts right now.

If the Wings come up flat like 1st and 2nd periods, there will be no excuse but blame themselves.

Hopefully the Wings saved all their energy for the 3rd period, and are gonna blow this thing wide open.

2 goals from Hossa, 1 goal from Cleary.

And 3 from your boy Hudler.

We can then celebrate the last 10 minutes knowing that we're up by 5 goals.

the wings owe ozzie a strong period here. he has saved their arses and given them a chance to win. they need to take that chance.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!

Yeah let's keep this all in perspective. Despite being badly outshot, and outchanced, and out hit, and out played, and out PP'd, we are down 1-0 thanks go Ozzie. I'd probably take that if it was offered to me before the start of the game.

Wings are very strong in 3rd periods. Maybe the Pens will sit back and kill themselves. They are young after all.

Perfect. Osgood is the only guy who is doing the play right now. Other players have to smell the blood and play super well in the third.

Hopefully the Wings saved all their energy for the 3rd period, and are gonna blow this thing wide open.

2 goals from Hossa, 1 goal from Cleary.

It's nice to be positive and all but lets get realistic, there's no way Hossa is scoring this period whilst playing like a female.

Guest Shoreline
Sure....as soon as it stops being true.

Wonder where this s*** is when the Wings are winning. Oh that's right, just when they're losing. Conspiracy!