• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

next game if he get screwed that hard someone give me some vasoline so that it won't suck quite as bad. I've never seen so many blatant non calls in my entire time watching hockey.

Can anyone think we lost the game on calls and non calls? If you think that was the case, I say you are on crack. We were outplayed and we made plenty of mistakes. It's that simple.

For whatever reason our Wings have an on/off switch and it is enough to drive us crazy. Whatever happened tonight, it is over. Nowhere to hide and no excuses not to play the games of their life.

Announcers talking about Hossa under achieving.

Uninspired effort by all except Osgood. Let's hope he berates them in the locker room and they back him up on Friday night.

I hate the fact that the Pens have a chance to win now, but am cautiously optimistic that we will respond accordingly at home.

Wings in 7!

Hossa played as s***ty as about every other player did not named Osgood.

How do you know they won't lose. Hell last year and even to a point this year close-out games have been mortal locks. tonight looked horrible.

Again I find myself glad that Pittsburgh couldn't win the Cup tonight. It's a recurrent nightmare that the Wings will play this horrible in a game that could eliminate them.

You are saying that Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Draper, Helm, etc. played poorly?

Hossa played like crap, and it's extra noticeable because he led the team in goals during the regular season. It'd be nice if he acted like he cared during the Finals.

i'm not fully blaming Hossa tonight. The entire team, except for Z and Datsyuk, looked sluggish and care-free. No urgency at all until 4 minutes left in the game. I hope they just want to win the cup in front of the fans or whatever. The fans better be jumping. This is a situation that this team HAS NOT FACED in its cup runs...a game 7 stanley cup game.

While I don't blame Hossa for this loss, I don't understand how a guy who wants to win the cup so badly hasn't shown it. He'd better be injured like i said, because otherwise there's no excuse.

Pink Floyd should write songs about this guy's lethargic behavior.

Unbeilivable choke job in the playoffs for him.

agreed, he's playing alone all the time, never gives passes and doesn't find a way to score...! I mean! Come on!

It hurts that there should have been a penalty on the Pens 2nd goal.. and that the Wings didn't bring much effort in the first 2 periods.

Anything can happen in a Game 7. It'll be nerve-wrecking. But fun. And I think the Wings will take it.

Oh, and Zetterberg was awesome tonight. Him and Ozzie, Cleary and maybe Datsyuk (considering his injury) were the only ones who really played liked they wanted the cup tonight.

Gah.. another 2 days to worry and speculate and be nervous. I feel like this playoffs has aged me 15 years.

Common, we knew this would be a long series. Enough with the "We Suck" Bull s***. We got game 7, at home...to win the cup. Its going to happen

:blink:

Not when we were up 2-0.

I also think we'll win game 7, but geez don't you think this is cutting it a little close?

If we lose this series, it'll be the worst Wings loss in history. Even worse than 1942, when no one was watching hockey.

Common, we knew this would be a long series. Enough with the "We Suck" Bull s***. We got game 7, at home...to win the cup. Its going to happen

We're the better team, but they have more desire. It's only human nature. We've been on top for years and years, have tons of cup rings, and they have not experienced it. They are more hungry. That scares the hell out of me for game 7.

Guest mindfly

Wings have never gone to 7games in a final.. new situation, another epic fail coming up?

Look at the bright side, fellas. How cool is it gonna be for the Wings to hoist the Cup at home this time?!! Way cool, thats how cool. Way cool.

Have one more beer, shrug it off, and look forward to the Cup Ceremony in Hockeytown.!

Just think, if the Wings played just a little bit better, this would've been a whole different game. They played like crap and were close. Nice job by the Pens though, they played great.

:(

The Wings can't just play a period and a half and expect to win. They gotta come out in Game 7 like they did in the 3rd period tonight.

I am pissed and sad, but our boys won't disappoint us in Game 7.

Also, Ozzie was fantastic. Could of been MUCH worse if not for him.

The Wings could use a few collective swift kicks up the asses, honestly. SOMEone needs to get on these guys cases for these only-showing-up-for-a-period performances. I'd be disappointed no matter how they lose, but all I ask is they bother playing hard from start to finish.

You mean that that was a TEAM LOSS? Now there's a novel concept. I figured it all rested on Hossa's shoulders.

You know, when I settle down I might think this - Flower had one game in him and this was it. We didn't go for the throat and maybe they felt they had some kind of cushion or something, but that isn't true any more. This is where we see what our team is made of.

We

Will

Not

Lose

At

Home!!

What an ugly game, fitting that Manbearpig gets the GWG, what a steaming pile that was.

No scapegoats necessary, the whole team lacked jump right from the beginning, the Penguins were able to capitalize on the bounces they got, we didn't, plain and simple.

I do not expect that we will blow them out like we did in game 5, but we will play better. All we have to do is show up, unlike tonight.

Oh well, looks like the beard will be coming off Friday no matter what.

Guest Shoreline

Hopefully the boys show up for 60 minutes. They needed those breaks like the Cleary breakaway and post to go in because they didn't put a solid effort offensively in the game. They were too soft, didn't finish checks, were not aggressive. You get your breaks by earning them and the Wings did not. Simple as that.

Better be a different story in game 7.

Dude, you just said the Wings don't deserve to win the Cup. And what, now you're trying to stir s*** up?

Good job, man.

We don't deserve to win for the way we played tonight.

I still think we'll probably win, but in our other Cup wins, this team was hungrier on a more consistent basis. This team plays hard whenever they feel like it.

I haven't even come close to stirring s*** up yet.