• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

i'm obviously freaked out about this coming down to a 1 game playoff, but here is how i'm choosing to look at this:

1) we played 1/3 of a game tonight.

2) we came DAMN near tying it up at the end despite playing 1/3 of a game tonight.

3) we will not play 1/3 of a game in front of a stanley cup finals game 7 home crowd at the joe. i don't think that is humanly possible.

ozzie, just keep doing what you're doing.

What happens if we don't win game 7? Is this an epic collapse or what? Everyone's talking like "oh, we'll win don't worry" but everything is on the line now. The Pens are not going to lose their composure, they're going to bring everything they have

Just like they were going to steamroll us in Game 5, right?

You guys are unbelievable.

Edited by Dabura

What happens if we don't win game 7? Is this an epic collapse or what? Everyone's talking like "oh, we'll win don't worry" but everything is on the line now. The Pens are not going to lose their composure, they're going to bring everything they have, and it's going to be a toss-up...game 7s usually are.

Remember the 2002 WCF game 7?

usb-stress-button.jpg

Put it away people. Seriously, anyone who thought the Penguins would just lay down and die on their home ice was fooling themselves. I have faith in the Red Wings. I trust my Game 7 to Pavel, you should too.

Sure...while we're at it lets crucify Lids too...right?

Oh, so now I have to pick another player to go off on to give Hossa hell for his horrible play?

Do you think Hossa played well? If you don't, then why is it a problem if I focus on him for my critique for the time being? He has been the most disappointing Red Wing in the playoffs. That is bulls*** for being the only player who didn't win a cup with us last year. ******* bulls***.

When we were up 2-0 in this series, it would have been NO!!!!

If wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Again, if you were asked before game 1 in October if would you take one game at Joe Louis Arena would you have said yes or no? It doesn't really matter how you get to a game 7, you're in one.

Hell yes I'll take my chances with his team, having last change, and Osgood having a Conn Smythe type playoffs.

usb-stress-button.jpg

Put it away people. Seriously, anyone who thought the Penguins would just lay down and die on their home ice was fooling themselves. I have faith in the Red Wings. I trust my Game 7 to Pavel, you should too.

i didn't expect the pens to lay down and die, but sure as hell didn't expect the wings to lay down and die, either. they laid a big fat ******* lazy egg tonight.

at least they showed some ******* passion. the wings just skated around like a sunday stroll tonight. i'm truly baffled.

I was talking about the Penguins' composure.

Also the Wings looked like they did in game four tonight.

Yeah, I heard you the first time.

You're pissed, I understand that. But statements like this are just stupid.

Why is that stupid? He's not a homer, that's what I see. We deserved to lose that game because of our lack of effort and mistakes. The better team won tonight. I'm sure he wants the Wings to win in Game 7 as much as you do and if the measure of fan-ness is to never say a negative thing, that sounds more like self brain washing than being a fan. Now these other posters who say "We suck and should be banned and so and so be fired/benched..." that is the opposite of being a homer - fair weather fans. In my book, both ends of this spectrum are just as bad, but there is a middle and it should be respected or at least ignored.

I am almost certain that after game 7, we are going to find out that Hossa is playing injured. He didn't turn down money to come to detroit and play like s*** in the post season after playing quite well in the regular season. He has a groin injury or something.

That was game 5. This is game 7. The Cup is on the line. They won't be losing their composure again.

Based on what?

All you are doing is saying "hurr durr they can't lose their focus cause they have a chance to win the cup." Guess what? They have never had a chance to win the cup, so they aren't going to play like they did tonight. They don't know how to handle the pressure of being able to win it all.

I was talking about the Penguins' composure.

Also the Wings looked like they did in game four tonight.

i know you were. the pens lost composure, for sure, big time, in game five. my point was that at least the pens had some passion in game five, however misdirected it was. the wings had nothing tonight. they didn't lose their composure tonight, they just didn't want to win nearly as bad as the pens. now they've put themselves in a pretty s***ty situation. anything can happen. they've left it up to chance. and if they come out in game seven like they did tonight i'm going to break my ******* tv.

Guest Lidstromboli

Where's the credit for Helm? He's one of the few players that actually tried to create plays while everyone else was skating around looking clueless. Oh yeah, and he actually hit people.

What an ugly game, fitting that Manbearpig gets the GWG, what a steaming pile that was.

Oh well, looks like the beard will be coming off Friday no matter what.

LOL that made me smile; thanks.

I have threatened the wife that if they Wings choke on Friday (knocking on wood) that maybe I should keep the beard until they win again; she threatened to divorce me!

Just like they were going to steamroll us in Game 5, right?

You guys are unbelievable.

No, YOU GUYS are unbelievable. THIS IS NOT GAME 5, AND THIS IS NOT THE WCF. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy are some of you overconfident. How can you guys brush the Pens off in this game 7? We steamrolled them in game 5 and them losing their composure had a ton to do with it. They aren't going ot lose their composure in game 7 with the cup on the line. They don't get another opportunity if they lose. It's just not going to happen. I expect they're going to bring their best game. I mean for God's sake, we steamrolled them in 5, and they came back tonight and played solid and didn't lose their composure. So how can you guys say they'll lose their composure next game? No logic.

The thing we have going for us is we get the last change which appears to be big. But they have the hunger. It's pretty obvious that we've seen hunger in spurts this year, but just like tonight, they decided to take the night off.

WIn or lose I still think that we aer the better team, but the thing that scares me is the HUNGER factor. The desire to win the cup. They should have more desire, naturally, because they didn't win last year. We won and have been winning cups. It's tougher for us to match that intensity.

The wings have not been involved in a game 7 stanley cup game.

I am almost certain that after game 7, we are going to find out that Hossa is playing injured. He didn't turn down money to come to detroit and play like s*** in the post season after playing quite well in the regular season. He has a groin injury or something.

Hossa turned down money to come to Detroit so he could get his name on The Cup without having to WORK FOR IT!

f*** Marian Hossa!

The one thing that's always bothered me is how hard it sems to be to get a goddamned team effort with HEART behind it when it really counts. Come on, the ******* CUP is sitting on a table for you. There IS no greater motivation, WTF does it take!!??

Wings in 7 or my knuckles will be bloodier than they are now...

Why is that stupid? He's not a homer, that's what I see. We deserved to lose that game because of our lack of effort and mistakes. The better team won tonight. I'm sure he wants the Wings to win in Game 7 as much as you do and if the measure of fan-ness is to never say a negative thing, that sounds more like self brain washing than being a fan. Now these other posters who say "We suck and should be banned and so and so be fired/benched..." that is the opposite of being a homer - fair weather fans. In my book, both ends of this spectrum are just as bad, but there is a middle and it should be respected or at least ignored.

What are you on about?

I don't agree with the statement, "The Wings don't deserve to win the Cup because of this game." I think it's inane on a number of levels, and hurting its credence even more is the fact that it's coming from GMR. After a loss.

Wings don't deserve to win the Cup. Right. Sure. Swell.

i know you were. the pens lost composure, for sure, big time, in game five. my point was that at least the pens had some passion in game five, however misdirected it was. the wings had nothing tonight. they didn't lose their composure tonight, they just didn't want to win nearly as bad as the pens. now they've put themselves in a pretty s***ty situation. anything can happen. they've left it up to chance. and if they come out in game seven like they did tonight i'm going to break my ******* tv.

I wasn't comparing the Penguins to the Wings, so I don't see why you are doing it.