• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

No, YOU GUYS are unbelievable. THIS IS NOT GAME 5, AND THIS IS NOT THE WCF. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy are some of you overconfident. How can you guys brush the Pens off in this game 7?

You're right.

ZOMG WINGS ARE DOOMED PENS ARE UNSTOPPABLE THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, the cheap shots and nasty play for the last 2 games and the NHL allowing the play to continue. Why doesn't the league get investigated for racketeering and fallacious involvement, including "Rico statues organized crime" to put the end of Bettman's reign and put his ass in prison. What a huge failure for the NHL.... truly disgraceful of this league in the US...I'm ******* through, look for Authentic Red Wings Jerseys on EBAY!

f*** YOU!! NHL!

Hey, by the looks of your join date you lasted just over 2 months on the bandwagon! Not bad!

Much like this thread, Detroit is full of them.

Hmmmm....At least we could understand the totally negative, attention-getting posts. Now you're making no sense at all. Gee. Go figure.

Oh, so now I have to pick another player to go off on to give Hossa hell for his horrible play?

Do you think Hossa played well? If you don't, then why is it a problem if I focus on him for my critique for the time being? He has been the most disappointing Red Wing in the playoffs. That is bulls*** for being the only player who didn't win a cup with us last year. ******* bulls***.

Never said Hossa played well...... but, to my recollection neither Pittsburgh goal had a thing to do with him......nor did the ziillion shots we took from the point that were no where near the net.....nor did Cleary missing the break away. Do you think he was the only one who underacheived tonite? It's become obvious lately that alot of supposed fans on this forum think the Wings are not only the best team in the league, but no other team is even in the same universe. For your information, Einstein, the Pens were favored to win this game. Let me spell that out for you.......the people who make money setting lines and gambling on this s*** thought the Wings would get beat tonite. How about giving the Pens a little credit. They havent lost a home game in a month......they were good enough to win 3 rounds before this one......and contrary to what you might think, they are a worthy opponent. That being said, I'm making a huge wager on the Wings to win Game 7. They're my team, and I look at them as I do a band of soldiers.......I won't criticize them while they're in the heat of battle. Do so if you like......maybe if you ever get the chance to meet some of these guys in person perhaps you'd like to repeat some of the comments you make about them behind that computer monitor. Somehow, I have a feeling you lack the stones for that.

You're right.

ZOMG WINGS ARE DOOMED PENS ARE UNSTOPPABLE THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irrational lol. Waste of internet space. Stop posting.

I'm not saying they are going to win, but people are WAY too overconfident in here.

The missed shots to shots on goal ratio after 40 must've nearly been 2:1. If they'd gotten their shots on goal at all for two periods it might have been a different game. Ericsson made a fine point of what happens when you actually get the puck to the cage.

They had every opportunity to tie it late with the PPs and Cleary breakaway... Not to hate on Cleary, because he's been awesome, but that was a pretty terrible shot -- and as Flipper exposed in the last game, Fleury tends to leave his five-hole wide open when going post to post like that. The goalmouth scramble was disappointing but probably justified.

Finally, another terrible pinch by Lebda. I'm still furious at him for his ridiculous pinch in Game 4 against the BJs, but this one takes the cake. Who the f*** does Brett Lebda think he is? You're Brett Lebda. You don't need to pinch. Just play D, man. And then Sammy was so weak on the Kennedy goal; that was a soft-ass ***** play with the drive-by pokecheck.

And now...

...we go seven.

No, YOU GUYS are unbelievable. THIS IS NOT GAME 5, AND THIS IS NOT THE WCF. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy are some of you overconfident. How can you guys brush the Pens off in this game 7? We steamrolled them in game 5 and them losing their composure had a ton to do with it. They aren't going ot lose their composure in game 7 with the cup on the line. They don't get another opportunity if they lose. It's just not going to happen. I expect they're going to bring their best game. I mean for God's sake, we steamrolled them in 5, and they came back tonight and played solid and didn't lose their composure. So how can you guys say they'll lose their composure next game? No logic.

The thing we have going for us is we get the last change which appears to be big. But they have the hunger. It's pretty obvious that we've seen hunger in spurts this year, but just like tonight, they decided to take the night off.

WIn or lose I still think that we aer the better team, but the thing that scares me is the HUNGER factor. The desire to win the cup. They should have more desire, naturally, because they didn't win last year. We won and have been winning cups. It's tougher for us to match that intensity.

The wings have not been involved in a game 7 stanley cup game.

So don't watch. It appears you have your mind made up they'll lose

OR

You're giving yourself an ulcer over something you can't control.

#1 How can you be absolutely certain they won't blow their composure? You can't know this and just because you say it doesn't mean it's so.

Fact, the Wings played sub par hockey for them tonight. They came awfully close to tying the game and or winning it if you consider Zetterberg's post shot. The Penguins threw everything they had at the Wings and SQUEAKED out a win.

Word--The Penguins have never played a game 7 Stanley Cup Final game either. I like the Wings chances, they've played in far more BIG GAMES over the last few years than the Pens have.

Hmmmm....At least we could understand the totally negative, attention-getting posts. Now you're making no sense at all. Gee. Go figure.

A few pages behind, are we?

I wasn't comparing the Penguins to the Wings, so I don't see why you are doing it.

i'm comparing the seeming lack of desire tonight. i'd rather have a team that loses composure than a team that loses desire. that was my point. the wings didn't look like they gave a s*** tonight. at least when the pens went nuts in game five it was because they wanted to win so badly.

Boy are some of you overconfident. How can you guys brush the Pens off in this game 7?

We aren't. You are giving too much respect to the Pens.

We steamrolled them in game 5 and them losing their composure had a ton to do with it. They aren't going ot lose their composure in game 7 with the cup on the line. They don't get another opportunity if they lose. It's just not going to happen. I expect they're going to bring their best game. I mean for God's sake, we steamrolled them in 5, and they came back tonight and played solid and didn't lose their composure. So how can you guys say they'll lose their composure next game? No logic.

You are making assertions with BULLs*** to back it up. All you have is a hunch based on what you think will happen, and you are attacking those of us who are using a previous occurence as a reason to believe we are right. What do you have to think the Penguins are going to keep their composure?

The thing we have going for us is we get the last change which appears to be big. But they have the hunger. It's pretty obvious that we've seen hunger in spurts this year, but just like tonight, they decided to take the night off.

They had the "hunger" in game five and lost. See how I'm using previous games as evidence? What are you using?

WIn or lose I still think that we aer the better team, but the thing that scares me is the HUNGER factor. The desire to win the cup. They should have more desire, naturally, because they didn't win last year. We won and have been winning cups. It's tougher for us to match that intensity.

The wings have not been involved in a game 7 stanley cup game.

f*** your belief on hunger. You act like Detroit has none. What a crock of crap.

First post in a GDT (other than making it) this Finals, as last year I didn't post in a GDT and the Red Wings won the Cup. But it's time to speak after another loss like that.

My thoughts from the game - First and absolutely foremost, the Red Wings lost because they simply did not show up to play this game, and that feeling is about 10 times more disappointing than if they had come play and lost in overtime. I don't think that it was a matter being outplayed by the Penguins, because we have all seen what the Red Wings can do when they want to. The passes were off, the forecheck was off, the shots were low quality, there was little hustle and passion, and far too much looking for a pretty play instead of simply crashing the net. I am extremely disappointed in Marian Hossa's play. There has to be an injury that we're not aware of, because I just don't buy that he's playing this lackluster in the Stanley Cup Finals with his reputation for his move last summer on the line.

Second, regardless of the outcome on Friday night, the Conn Smythe Trophy goes to Chris Osgood. The man played perhaps the best game of the playoffs thus far in my opinion; the score is easily 4 or 5 to 1 without his play. In my mind, he was the only player for Detroit who played like he had his heart set on raising the Stanley Cup tonight.

Third, I'm not one to complain about the officiating, but tonight was an absolute disgrace. Nobody in their right mind can say that it wasn't slanted towards Pittsburgh tonight. I defy any of the knowledgeable Penguins posters on this board to challenge that statement. It's no wonder why the NHL's ratings are lower with this bush league officiating. (And yes, the Red Wings have gotten away with a lot this series.) And I was a bit suprised, since I've always viewed Bill McCreary as one of the better referees in the league.

Game Seven can go either way. Hopefully, the home ice and the last change will work to the advantage of Detroit. Congrats to the Penguins for stretching this series up with a great game tonight. The Fleury saves on Zetterberg early and on Cleary at the end were the difference in my mind.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I'm embarassed to be a Red Wings fan tonight. The only guy who came to play is Chris Osgood.

JESUS! They're playing in the Stanley Cup Finals and you choose to be embarrassed? How many teams aren't playing in the Stanley Cup Finals? I will never, EVER figure some of you posters out. Never.

Maybe the Wings will think about this and let it stir up that drive they had in game 5 and kill the Pens. I don't know...it's a 50/50 tossup at this point imho...I'm sure glad the game 7 is in our house though.

Boy are some of you overconfident. How can you guys brush the Pens off in this game 7? We steamrolled them in game 5 and them losing their composure had a ton to do with it. They aren't going ot lose their composure in game 7 with the cup on the line. They don't get another opportunity if they lose. It's just not going to happen. I expect they're going to bring their best game. I mean for God's sake, we steamrolled them in 5, and they came back tonight and played solid and didn't lose their composure. So how can you guys say they'll lose their composure next game? No logic.

So then I should just start s***ting my pants and turn my back on my team? I have faith in the Wings. That being said, whoever is the better team on Friday will win on Friday. Personally I think that will be the Wings. I have absolutely no control over who that will be however, and all I can do is sit my ass down on my couch and be entertained by the game. If the Pens win, then I am going to be upset about it for a few days, and then I am going to start looking forward to October.

Hossa turned down money to come to Detroit so he could get his name on The Cup without having to WORK FOR IT!

f*** Marian Hossa!

I'm sure that was his plan the whole time. :rolleyes:

i'm comparing the seeming lack of desire tonight. i'd rather have a team that loses composure than a team that loses desire. that was my point. the wings didn't look like they gave a s*** tonight. at least when the pens went nuts in game five it was because they wanted to win so badly.

Detroit didn't have desire in game four either.

You're right.

It's been said, (and I STILL hold it to be true), that the ONLY TEAM who can beat the Wings....

Is THE WINGS!

And that's exactly what they did tonight.

And now they've put themselves into a s*** position, after going up in this Series 2-0.

This should have been OVER.

And now, it goes back to The Joe, where ALL IT TAKES is ONE LUCKY BOUNCE to hand the pens the Championship on OUR ice.

You're okay with that?

You're okay with the effort given tonight in an attempt to AVOID that sudden death situation?

You're KIDDING, right?

Wow, the cheap shots and nasty play for the last 2 games and the NHL allowing the play to continue. Why doesn't the league get investigated for racketeering and fallacious involvement, including "Rico statues organized crime" to put the end of Bettman's reign and put his ass in prison. What a huge failure for the NHL.... truly disgraceful of this league in the US...I'm ******* through, look for Authentic Red Wings Jerseys on EBAY!

f*** YOU!! NHL!

I'm with you. This is my last year as a fan. I've loved the wings since UHF channel 50 when I was a wee kid and they had Alex D and Reed Larsson and Frank M. I took a break in the eighties to get my s*** together which coincided with some pretty awful teams. I became a bandwagon fan in '95 and have stayed with them since - but the game is now a certifiable joke.

Win or lose game 7 G'night all.

Hey, by the looks of your join date you lasted just over 2 months on the bandwagon! Not bad!

Every year I get a new user so I dont have to deal with the puke like you that think your term is worth mentioning. Your life must be worth the piss I lose periodically durin the day. :)

As much as I can say the refs sucked tonight, Detroit should have scored on the 2 PP's when it was 2-1. That being said the game winner was on a play that should have been a hook on Pittsburgh which is why Lids couldn't clear it. I am still way to upset about tonights loss to be happy that I have a ticket to game 7. I wish they would have put this away tonight.

Good for you.

Good for you for not mincing your words. :cool: But you probably really should just go somewhere away from here if you have that much shame about their play. Like, you made your point.

Sure hope they win Friday so maybe, just maybe you can get your fragile little ego back in check.