• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

Rate this topic

Never said Hossa played well...... but, to my recollection neither Pittsburgh goal had a thing to do with him......nor did the ziillion shots we took from the point that were no where near the net.....nor did Cleary missing the break away. Do you think he was the only one who underacheived tonite? It's become obvious lately that alot of supposed fans on this forum think the Wings are not only the best team in the league, but no other team is even in the same universe. For your information, Einstein, the Pens were favored to win this game. Let me spell that out for you.......the people who make money setting lines and gambling on this s*** thought the Wings would get beat tonite. How about giving the Pens a little credit. They havent lost a home game in a month......they were good enough to win 3 rounds before this one......and contrary to what you might think, they are a worthy opponent. That being said, I'm making a huge wager on the Wings to win Game 7. They're my team, and I look at them as I do a band of soldiers.......I won't criticize them while they're in the heat of battle. Do so if you like......maybe if you ever get the chance to meet some of these guys in person perhaps you'd like to repeat some of the comments you make about them behind that computer monitor. Somehow, I have a feeling you lack the stones for that.

GREAT post. thanks.

Ohhhh, thank you! I still watch that about once every few months or so.

Here's a scary thought: A more recent game 7 was the Pens 7-0 victory over the Caps this year.

I'm pissed. Wings just couldn't catch any breaks and failed to show up in the first. This should not have happened.

I'm scared as hell because Game 7's are all about luck and we haven't been a terribly "lucky" team this playoff run. I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but who knwos what sort of penalties are going to be called early to give the Pens a head start.

The plus side: The Wings step up their game at home, and we will actually get to see them win it in front of the home crowd like most of us wanted, deep down.

But Game 7's are so unpredictable, I'm really pissed that the Wings might just lose on some BS lucky bounce or something. It should have never have come to a Game 7. This should have been done in Game 5.

But I'll stand by them. After their Game 6 performance I have faith they;re going to put on a show and win it for the home crowd.

Haha. Maybe you can reduce yours down to terrestrial levels, eh?

You could be right. I may have a big ego. Haven't thought about it much lately.

But where the Detroit Red Wings are concerned I will never give up on them. Ever. They've brought me so much joy. And that joy has obviously outweighted the crap that's happened with them. They've been a part of my life for over ten years. And like I said in another post here, if they lose Friday night, I will pretty much fall apart. I will be sad for days. It will affect everything I think about and do for way too long. But I will also remember that their hearts will be broken too and the pressure on them to move on from such a loss would be something I could not handle. Could you?

I love them with all my heart. Period.

You are simply ashamed of them and embarrassed by their play. YOU figure it out.

But. It. Wasn't.

There are no moral victories, here. The Cup isn't Won on "could have been". And when you FAIL TO SHOW UP, you're not going to Win many Games in the SCF's.

NOR do you deserve to.

And the Pens are quite likely to get EVERY ONE of those breaks in Game 7 of the SCF's.

The difference?

THEY have more than ONE scorer on the roster!

Again....

You're talking about moral victories.

"It was only close because THEY were so lucky...."

The "best" Team does NOT always Win. The Team who WANTS IT MORE, more often than not, Wins.

And when the skill/talent level is close.....

You'd better DAMNED WELL WANT IT MORE. Otherwise, our boys will be watching Cindy and Genny skating the Cup on JLA ice because they got "lucky" in Game 7, despite being "outplayed".

How hard is that to figure out?

WHAT THE HELL DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? And YES. I'm yelling. They're going to play the game and we have absolutely no control over the outcome, win or lose, bad bounces, crappy passing, WHAT ******* EVER. So WHY are you going on and on and on and on about stuff you have no control over? And no. I don't want an answer because there really isn't a logical one.

what an interesting game tonight..... one of those you knew they were going to lose as nothing was going their way games. too little to late at the end as it seems to be everytime the lose

come out strong for 60mins on friday 'cause *newsflash* there will be no game8 to fall back on!

oh and OUTSIDER... I concur, you just write so darn much i don't want to reply to it all :D

Edited by OsGOD

Here's a scary thought: A more recent game 7 was the Pens 7-0 victory over the Caps this year.

I'm pissed. Wings just couldn't catch any breaks and failed to show up in the first. This should not have happened.

I'm scared as hell because Game 7's are all about luck and we haven't been a terribly "lucky" team this playoff run. I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but who knwos what sort of penalties are going to be called early to give the Pens a head start.

The plus side: The Wings step up their game at home, and we will actually get to see them win it in front of the home crowd like most of us wanted, deep down.

But Game 7's are so unpredictable, I'm really pissed that the Wings might just lose on some BS lucky bounce or something. It should have never have come to a Game 7. This should have been done in Game 5.

But I'll stand by them. After their Game 6 performance I have faith they;re going to put on a show and win it for the home crowd.

For what it's worth, I agree with every frickin' word of this post. Thanks for saying it for me too.

WHAT THE HELL DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? And YES. I'm yelling. They're going to play the game and we have absolutely no control over the outcome, win or lose, bad bounces, crappy passing, WHAT ******* EVER. So WHY are you going on and on and on and on about stuff you have no control over? And no. I don't want an answer because there really isn't a logical one.

Well, I'll give you an answer anyway, Miss. Of course you shouldn't expect "logic", for two very simple reasons:

a ) Because, young Miss, there is VERY LITTLE in life that is "logical" and

b ) The word "fan" stems from the word "FANATIC". Kindly point out the "logic" in FANATICAL BEHAVIOUR, or FANATICAL DEVOTION, if you would.

In answer:

What the hell difference does it make?

It makes a difference because I CARE! Because I see Lids entering the final years of his career, and squandering an opportunity that may never come again. I see the same for Oz. And for Cheli, and Drapes, and Malts.

I care because they HAVE brought me joy. Much of it.

Do you have children? Individuals you care about? When you see them f*(k up a PRIME OPPORTUNITY, one that may never come again, one that there was NO REASON for them to squander other than carelessness or laziness, or just simple lack of diligence....do you say.....

"Ah, well. I sure am sad. What a damned shame. Oh well....better luck next time."?

Perhaps you do.

I? I cannot.

As I've grown older, (and older, and older, and older), I've realized that there is only this. Only today.

The past? Doesn't exist.

The future? No guarantee of anything. A crapshoot at best.

There is only today. This moment. Live for it. Sieze it.

Because the chance may never come again.

How will YOU feel, watching our boys slumped against the boards, heads hanging in exhausted defeat, as the enemy celebrates in OUR home?

Remember Hossa, dazed and disbelieving, sitting spent on the ice? Fleury? Tears streaming down his face? The looks of dejection and failure, of MISSED OPPORTUNITY, painting the faces of the enemy last June?

I do.

And I do NOT want to see it on OUR boys' faces THIS year. No. Oh NO!

And certainly NOT with the prospect of being FORCE FED the Annointed One for ALL of next Season, with image after image of his SMARMY FACE lifting the Cup as a six time Norris Winner looks on in DEFEAT in his OWN HOME ARENA!

If the worst happens, the torture will not end after Game 7.

It will live on....and on....and on.....

In every commercial. In every NHL Promo. In every "Sidney Crosby WINS THE STANLEY CUP", or "The Penguins are the reincarnation of the 1984 Edmonton Oilers", or "YOUTH triumphs over Experience" piece aired during EVERY SINGLE REGULAR SEASON GAME, no matter WHAT Team you root for.

It will be relentless. And NAUSEATING.

Edited by Outsider

Well, I'll give you an answer anyway, Miss. Of course you shoudn't expect "logic", for two very simple reasons:

a ) Because, young Miss, there is VERY LITTLE in life that is "logical" and

b ) The word "fan" stems from the word "FANATIC". Kindly point out the "logic" in FANATICAL BEHAVIOUR, pr FANATICAL DEVOTION, if you would.

In answer:

It makes a difference because I CARE! Because I see Lids entering the final years of his career, and squandering an opportunity that may never come again. I see the same for Oz. And for Cheli, and Drapes, and Malts.

Do you have children? Individuals you care about? When you see them f*(k up a PRIME OPPORTUNITY, one that my never come again, one that there was NO REASON for them to squander other than carelessness or laziness, or just simple lack of diligence....do you say.....

"Ah, well. I sure am sad. What a damned shame. Oh well....better luck next time."?

Perhaps you do.

I? I cannot.

As I've grown older, (and older, and older, and older), I've realized that there is only this. Only today.

The past? Doesn't exist.

The future? No guarantee of anything. A crapshoot at worst.

How will YOU feel, watching our boys slumped against the boards, heads hanging in exhausted defeat, as the enemy celebrates in OUR home?

Remember Hossa, dazed and disbelieving, sitting spent on the ice? Fleury? Tears streaming down his face? The looks of dejection and failure, of MISSED OPPORTUNITY, painting the faces of the enemy last June?

I do.

And I do NOT want to see it on OUR boys' faces THIS year. No. Oh NO!

And certainly NOT with the prospect of being FORCE FED the Annointed One for ALL of next Season, with image after image of his SMARMY FACE lifting the Cup as a six time Norris Winner looks on in DEFEAT in his OWN HOME ARENA!

makes you wonder how many were even around for 1995....

to all those questioning why that date.... WE LOST TO THE DEVILS IN THE FINALS

those were not pretty faces on the wings at all

Edited by OsGOD

gentlemen, we deserved to lose this game. outshot 21-7 in the first two periods? over half of our shots coming from the point? We failed to create opportunities, and the opportunities we did have, we squandered. Throw in a little bad luck, and you're butt f***ed. The Wings better put some quality shots on net in game 7, or else we're all gonna have to put up with the "Sidney Crosby wins the cup, establishing his destiny" bulls*** for the next 20 years.

gentlemen, we deserved to lose this game. outshot 21-7 in the first two periods? over half of our shots coming from the point? We failed to create opportunities, and the opportunities we did have, we squandered. Throw in a little bad luck, and you're butt f***ed. The Wings better put some quality shots on net in game 7, or else we're all gonna have to put up with the "Sidney Crosby wins the cup, establishing his destiny" bulls*** for the next 20 years.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Oh, the horror! The F*(KING HORROR!!!!

Even WATCHING games will be torture! For YEARS to come!!!!

Guest Shoreline
This is my second, and last, post on this lame forum.

I thought this was a Detroit Red Wings fan forum.

But what I found, after game 6, was a bunch of whiney, fair weather, hangers-on. Pathetic trash.

If all Wings fans were like you (well, most of you) dipwads, then we still wouldn't have won a Cup during my lifetime.

Adios, losers.

And I hope Hossa scores a hat trick Friday and I wish each and every one of you whiners could shove all three pucks up your a$$.

Tragic.

:blink:

:clap::thumbup:

I know its a little late to be posting but I have family visiting and s*** to get done.

Yes, I am upset that they lost.......

Yes, I do not think that the Wings played their best tonight.....

But, I am STOKED that the Wings have the chance to win the Cup at home!

I will not get frustrated and I will not put them down.

I will never say any team doesn't DESERVE to win.......they still went out there, they still skated and shot to the best that they thought was right at the time, but it wasn't good enough.....they still DESERVE to win just as any team that has made it to the SCF......they made it there for a reason, and for that the [b]WINGS DESERVE TO WIN!.....[/b]b/c they worked their asses off to get there.

I Pray to the HOCKEY GODS among all HOCKEY GODS that the RED WINGS win the Stanley Cup at home!

It would be the sweetest victory that they just might have!!!!

They are my team and I praise them ALL for what they have done.......athletes make mistakes....ALL OF THEM....now its time to brush the mistakes off our shoulders, not ***** about the refs ( although they were AWFUL tonight) and just hope for an exhilirating~breathtaking WIN for GAME 7!!!

LETS GO WINGS!!!!

:sly::sly::sly:

Personally, I felt the refs had a bit of selective whistle blowing. They gave the Pens 2 power plays from the get-go. I'm really starting to question whether or not the Neutral Zone linesman should be able to call penalties like goaltender interference, as Zetterberg was clearly pushed into Fleury by one of Fleury's own teammates. I can live with the tripping call. That happens.

They also neglected to call interference quite a few times tonight...which I can see most of the time due to it being the Playoffs...but the hit on Datsyuk in the second period was as blatant as they come, and I was pretty amazed that it wasn't whistled on.

I'm hoping for a game 7 Detroit home victory, as I want the folks at the Joe to get the joy of seeing the Wings win the cup there, but I'd prefer if it was game 5, instead of 7. Anything can happen, and by some stroke of luck/god...the Pens could pull off an upset akin to the Giants vs. Pats.

I'm really hoping that some of the broadcasting companies will come around though, after a series like this. I'm really starting to hate NBC's bias toward Pittsburgh, and trying to market Crosby. I can't begin to say how much that "Star Cam" crap upsets me. I think they've had Malkin/Crosby in it the whole time, and once in Game 2, they had Zetterberg/Crosby. It's just absolutely retarded, and I can't see it helping the image of a struggling league. Might as well bring back the NHL on FOX and FoxTrax along with it. :ranting:

Trust me,a win in game 7 is very hard if we gonna play so softly..

i don't see any reactions..a group of kids who mocks us!

i really hope to shut-up Cindy and Vagino at the JLA but my fear is Guerin,Staal,Kunitz,Fedotenko and Gonchar..

at this moment of the season Detroit-games are very strange,i don't think Pittsburgh are a better team but we are doing everything possible to let them win..and this makes me so angry..

Game 1-2 we win but Pens came close to us

Game 3-4 Pens outplayed us (specially G4)

Game 5 a great game,really..but Pens mental condition determined the 5-0 final

Game 6 we played so softly for 50 minutes..like a regular season game

Game 7 ??? what have to lose Pittsburgh ???

i trust again in great bad outstanding last game of the season..

Please Wings don't forget is a Game 7 Stanley Cup Final..not a beer league..Thanks

Go Wings

I went and layed down after the refs didn't call interference on Dats. So obvious the bias on the refs part. Think of all the money that would have been lost if the series ended last night. Seriously have the pens ever gone that long in a game without committing a penalty? Why are all the calls against us coming from center ice? Did that guy have money on the game. It is just a crime to call things so lopsided. Interference was called on Ericson in a previous game but the refs missed all of them in this game. Hank was interfered with 3 times on one shift. Hard to get to the net when you a pinned without the puck. Hossa can be tackled and they won't call it. sigh Oh well the fans won't stand for it at the Joe and I'll be able to party on friday when we win.

gentlemen, we deserved to lose this game. outshot 21-7 in the first two periods? over half of our shots coming from the point?

Well in all fairness.... the final 10mins occur in the third period, so its understandable to have that shot total. The wings weren't even on the ice yet!

Dear Old and oh-so-wise Mr. Poster:

Thank you for your oh-so-wise and considered advice and input.

Well, I'll give you an answer anyway, Miss. Of course you shouldn't expect "logic", for two very simple reasons:

a ) Because, young Miss, there is VERY LITTLE in life that is "logical" and ...

Excuse me here, but I'm more than old enough to suggest to you where you can stick your condescending drivel.

b ) The word "fan" stems from the word "FANATIC". Kindly point out the "logic" in FANATICAL BEHAVIOUR, or FANATICAL DEVOTION, if you would.

In answer:

Hmmm. You do care? You have written the following on this very thread:

Ya know....

After this Post Season CHOKE by him.....if I saw him burning alive in the streets....

I wouldn't bother to piss on him.

f*** Hossa.

You have also stated that they "blew it". That they were "choke artists".

Coulda fooled me, bubba....

Do you have children? Individuals you care about? When you see them f*(k up a PRIME OPPORTUNITY, one that may never come again, one that there was NO REASON for them to squander other than carelessness or laziness, or just simple lack of diligence....do you say.....

Perhaps you do.

I? I cannot.

The past? Doesn't exist.

The future? No guarantee of anything. A crapshoot at best.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. You lay all this pontificating bulls*** on us but the bottom line is as you orate so poetically, we.will.be.playing.game.seven. And.the.outcome.is.unknown. We.have.no.control.over.it. NONE. You could write a book about it, but it will not change anything.

Umm. Yes.

I've already stated on this thread how I would feel. I would have guessed that you already knew this though. It's obvious you don't bother to read other posts a whole lot but I figured that at least, by the process of osmosis you would have sensed my position, oh wise and sage person. One last time. We have no control over what's going to happen in game seven. But I'd be more than willing to listen to your ideas on how to achieve world peace.

----------->>>>>>>

We didn't deserve to win this game at all.. But now it's game 7 going back home, I have lots of faith in the Wings they win at home.. Ozzie played amazing last night, and Helm was all over the ice as usual.. WINGS IN 7!!!