SCF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 2

• Please log in to reply
1523 replies to this topic

#1401 gravy

gravy

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

i'm obviously freaked out about this coming down to a 1 game playoff, but here is how i'm choosing to look at this:

1) we played 1/3 of a game tonight.

2) we came DAMN near tying it up at the end despite playing 1/3 of a game tonight.

3) we will not play 1/3 of a game in front of a stanley cup finals game 7 home crowd at the joe. i don't think that is humanly possible.

ozzie, just keep doing what you're doing.

#1402 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Firehawk @ June 9, 2009 - 09:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What happens if we don't win game 7? Is this an epic collapse or what? Everyone's talking like "oh, we'll win don't worry" but everything is on the line now. The Pens are not going to lose their composure, they're going to bring everything they have

Just like they were going to steamroll us in Game 5, right?

You guys are unbelievable.

Edited by Dabura, 09 June 2009 - 09:59 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1403 Jibbajaba

Jibbajaba

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

QUOTE (Firehawk @ June 9, 2009 - 09:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What happens if we don't win game 7? Is this an epic collapse or what? Everyone's talking like "oh, we'll win don't worry" but everything is on the line now. The Pens are not going to lose their composure, they're going to bring everything they have, and it's going to be a toss-up...game 7s usually are.

Remember the 2002 WCF game 7?

it must be tough to skate with flippers and a snorkel cause these ******* be divin'

#1404 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

QUOTE (Nero @ June 9, 2009 - 08:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get off your high horse.

get off your mule, jackass. This is all you ever come up with. Nothing new. Just attention grabbing bulls***. Buhbye.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1405 bonan78

bonan78

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Put it away people. Seriously, anyone who thought the Penguins would just lay down and die on their home ice was fooling themselves. I have faith in the Red Wings. I trust my Game 7 to Pavel, you should too.
Superman wears Steve Yzerman pajamas

Thanks TeeMan

#1406 redwashington2000

redwashington2000

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

******* TEAM YOU DON'Tf****** DESERVE THE CUP. 23 IDIOTS DISAPOINTED MORE THAN 2 000 000 PEOPLE. lossssers
aNOTHER SHOT AND i DON'T GIVE A s*** ABOUT THEM.

#1407 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 9, 2009 - 09:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean like how they didn't lose their composure in game five tying the series up?

at least they showed somef****** passion. the wings just skated around like a sunday stroll tonight. i'm truly baffled.
-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
-Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

#1408 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ June 9, 2009 - 10:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When we were up 2-0 in this series, it would have been NO!!!!

If wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Again, if you were asked before game 1 in October if would you take one game at Joe Louis Arena would you have said yes or no? It doesn't really matter how you get to a game 7, you're in one.

Hell yes I'll take my chances with his team, having last change, and Osgood having a Conn Smythe type playoffs.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#1409 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

QUOTE (soonboomer @ June 9, 2009 - 10:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure...while we're at it lets crucify Lids too...right?

Oh, so now I have to pick another player to go off on to give Hossa hell for his horrible play?

Do you think Hossa played well? If you don't, then why is it a problem if I focus on him for my critique for the time being? He has been the most disappointing Red Wing in the playoffs. That is bulls*** for being the only player who didn't win a cup with us last year. f****** bulls***.

#1410 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 9, 2009 - 10:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean like how they didn't lose their composure in game five tying the series up?

That was game 5. This is game 7. The Cup is on the line. They won't be losing their composure again.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1411 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (bonan78 @ June 9, 2009 - 09:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Put it away people. Seriously, anyone who thought the Penguins would just lay down and die on their home ice was fooling themselves. I have faith in the Red Wings. I trust my Game 7 to Pavel, you should too.

i didn't expect the pens to lay down and die, but sure as hell didn't expect the wings to lay down and die, either. they laid a big fatf****** lazy egg tonight.
-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!

#1412 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (datsyukismyfriend @ June 9, 2009 - 11:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
at least they showed somef****** passion. the wings just skated around like a sunday stroll tonight. i'm truly baffled.

I was talking about the Penguins' composure.

Also the Wings looked like they did in game four tonight.

#1413 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

Well, that's what happens when you start putting in an effort with 15 minutes left.

#1414 Stiffy

Stiffy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Dabura @ June 9, 2009 - 10:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I heard you the first time.

You're pissed, I understand that. But statements like this are just stupid.

Why is that stupid? He's not a homer, that's what I see. We deserved to lose that game because of our lack of effort and mistakes. The better team won tonight. I'm sure he wants the Wings to win in Game 7 as much as you do and if the measure of fan-ness is to never say a negative thing, that sounds more like self brain washing than being a fan. Now these other posters who say "We suck and should be banned and so and so be fired/benched..." that is the opposite of being a homer - fair weather fans. In my book, both ends of this spectrum are just as bad, but there is a middle and it should be respected or at least ignored.

#1415 Jibbajaba

Jibbajaba

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

I am almost certain that after game 7, we are going to find out that Hossa is playing injured. He didn't turn down money to come to detroit and play like s*** in the post season after playing quite well in the regular season. He has a groin injury or something.

it must be tough to skate with flippers and a snorkel cause these ******* be divin'

#1416 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

QUOTE (Firehawk @ June 9, 2009 - 11:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was game 5. This is game 7. The Cup is on the line. They won't be losing their composure again.

Based on what?

All you are doing is saying "hurr durr they can't lose their focus cause they have a chance to win the cup." Guess what? They have never had a chance to win the cup, so they aren't going to play like they did tonight. They don't know how to handle the pressure of being able to win it all.

#1417 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

I wouldn't call Malkin's cross check, Guerin's high stick, and Cleary getting behind their defense with a one goal lead with three minutes to play composure

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#1418 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 9, 2009 - 10:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was talking about the Penguins' composure.

Also the Wings looked like they did in game four tonight.

i know you were. the pens lost composure, for sure, big time, in game five. my point was that at least the pens had some passion in game five, however misdirected it was. the wings had nothing tonight. they didn't lose their composure tonight, they just didn't want to win nearly as bad as the pens. now they've put themselves in a pretty s***ty situation. anything can happen. they've left it up to chance. and if they come out in game seven like they did tonight i'm going to break myf****** tv.

#1419 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

Where's the credit for Helm? He's one of the few players that actually tried to create plays while everyone else was skating around looking clueless. Oh yeah, and he actually hit people.

Posted Image

#1420 nojydoom

nojydoom

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (bonan78 @ June 9, 2009 - 09:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What an ugly game, fitting that Manbearpig gets the GWG, what a steaming pile that was.

Oh well, looks like the beard will be coming off Friday no matter what.

LOL that made me smile; thanks.

I have threatened the wife that if they Wings choke on Friday (knocking on wood) that maybe I should keep the beard until they win again; she threatened to divorce me!