1523 replies to this topic

#1441 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (datsyukismyfriend @ June 9, 2009 - 11:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm comparing the seeming lack of desire tonight. i'd rather have a team that loses composure than a team that loses desire. that was my point. the wings didn't look like they gave a s*** tonight. at least when the pens went nuts in game five it was because they wanted to win so badly.

Detroit didn't have desire in game four either.

#1442 Outsider

Outsider

Quitcha B*tchin' Wings Fans.....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Dabura @ June 9, 2009 - 08:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right.

ZOMG WINGS ARE DOOMED PENS ARE UNSTOPPABLE THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been said, (and I STILL hold it to be true), that the ONLY TEAM who can beat the Wings....

Is THE WINGS!

And that's exactly what they did tonight.

And now they've put themselves into a s*** position, after going up in this Series 2-0.

This should have been OVER.

And now, it goes back to The Joe, where ALL IT TAKES is ONE LUCKY BOUNCE to hand the pens the Championship on OUR ice.

You're okay with that?

You're okay with the effort given tonight in an attempt to AVOID that sudden death situation?

You're KIDDING, right?

#1443 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Palooka Slapper @ June 9, 2009 - 09:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, the cheap shots and nasty play for the last 2 games and the NHL allowing the play to continue. Why doesn't the league get investigated for racketeering and fallacious involvement, including "Rico statues organized crime" to put the end of Bettman's reign and put his ass in prison. What a huge failure for the NHL.... truly disgraceful of this league in the US...I'mf****** through, look for Authentic Red Wings Jerseys on EBAY!

f*** YOU!! NHL!

I'm with you. This is my last year as a fan. I've loved the wings since UHF channel 50 when I was a wee kid and they had Alex D and Reed Larsson and Frank M. I took a break in the eighties to get my s*** together which coincided with some pretty awful teams. I became a bandwagon fan in '95 and have stayed with them since - but the game is now a certifiable joke.

Win or lose game 7 G'night all.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#1444 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

Well I am not going to be a guy anyone watches game 7 with, this is going to by really nervous, I am going to be screaming at my tv. We need to crash the net ALOT more.

#1445 Palooka Slapper

Palooka Slapper

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (T.Low @ June 9, 2009 - 08:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, by the looks of your join date you lasted just over 2 months on the bandwagon! Not bad!

Every year I get a new user so I dont have to deal with the puke like you that think your term is worth mentioning. Your life must be worth the piss I lose periodically durin the day. smile.gif
Don't concentrate on the finger..... Or you'll miss all of that heavenly glory!

#1446 datsyukismyfriend

datsyukismyfriend

Hockeytown!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 9, 2009 - 10:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly. but this was gamef****** six, with the cup on the line. if they don't win tonight, they're in an elimination game. terriblef****** time to play leisurely.
-I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
-Yeah! Unless you wanna work forty hours a week.

#1447 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

As much as I can say the refs sucked tonight, Detroit should have scored on the 2 PP's when it was 2-1. That being said the game winner was on a play that should have been a hook on Pittsburgh which is why Lids couldn't clear it. I am still way to upset about tonights loss to be happy that I have a ticket to game 7. I wish they would have put this away tonight.

#1448 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (YoungGuns1340 @ June 9, 2009 - 08:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good for you.

Good for you for not mincing your words. cool.gif But you probably really should just go somewhere away from here if you have that much shame about their play. Like, you made your point.

Sure hope they win Friday so maybe, just maybe you can get your fragile little ego back in check.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1449 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ June 9, 2009 - 11:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They were doing fine in Game 4 up until Rafalski's disastrous non-play on the Staal goal, then it unraveled in an instant. That wasn't a lack of desire so much as composure, which is rare to see from the Wings but it happened.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#1450 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ June 9, 2009 - 08:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember, knee-jerk crowd. They bail on the slightest bit of adversity.

Amen. But it sure as hell doesn't make me any less sick of it.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1451 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

For you nervous Nancy's who completely are frozen with fear about the spectre of "THE BAD HOP" costing Detroit the title (insert Sir Graves Ghastly music here), that will only happen if you sit back and wait for the worst to happen. I've watched hockey a long time and I've yet to see a team lose the Stanley Cup because of some bad hop.

If the Wings go out, establish themselves as the more aggressive team, use the last change wisely, and let the fans keep them walking on air, there's a good chance the team in red WILL parade the big silver shiny thing around Joe Louis Arena and it'll be one hell of a party Friday night in downtown Detroit.

In fact, I just checked the weather, mid 50's and clear Friday night/Saturday morning for the biggest bestest party downtown Detroit has ever had.

Stop worrying unless of course you're going to go put on a sweater and help the club.

Detroit would like to welcome the Eastern Conference

13416406403_264f5aaa63_o.jpg

#1452 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

Cheap shots aside. The Pens out played us for more time then we out played them. Too much patty cake out there. One more game for our boys to put on our gear and get to work. And looking into the off season I will be very happy to see invisible Hudler and Sammy the mongo vanish from our pay roll. I was totally against Osgood during the regular season but he is playing the best hockey of his life right now. Way to prove me wrong Ozzie.... now if only we can figure out how to get Hoss moving. I really just think that we complicate our own lives by trying too much instead of simplifying things... I don't know how many times I yelled "SHOOT THE PUCK" at the TV last game and when they finally fingured that our then the game swung our way, too little too late.

#1453 Magaro

Magaro

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

This is my second, and last, post on this lame forum.
I thought this was a Detroit Red Wings fan forum.
But what I found, after game 6, was a bunch of whiney, fair weather, hangers-on. Pathetic trash.
If all Wings fans were like you (well, most of you) dipwads, then we still wouldn't have won a Cup during my lifetime.
Adios, losers.

And I hope Hossa scores a hat trick Friday and I wish each and every one of you whiners could shove all three pucks up your a$$.

Tragic.

#1454 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Datsyukian Geek @ June 9, 2009 - 11:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one thing that's always bothered me is how hard it sems to be to get a goddamned team effort with HEART behind it when it really counts. Come on, thef****** CUP is sitting on a table for you. There IS no greater motivation, WTF does it take!!??

Wings in 7 or my knuckles will be bloodier than they are now...

This is my main complaint.

We didn't show up until near the end of the 2nd period. The Wings effort really disgusted me tonight. Three shots in the first period? Thats just sickening. At one point in time in the 2nd period it was 17-6 in shots. I mean come on, its just disgusting.

Mark my words, Game 7 is not going to be a cake walk. The Pens are outhustling the Wings and they want this series. Its going to be up to Detroit to deliver or watch the Pens skate around the Joe with the cup.

The LGW forum members and the fans should be pissed at the Wings. Not at the reffing, not at the league, not at one specific player or another, and not at the Pens.

Remember these stats?

41 of 44 teams who take game 1 and 2 win the Stanley Cup Finals.
Over 80% of teams who win game 5 when the series is tied win the series.
Lastly, there have been 14 game 7s played in the finals, and the home team has won 12 of them.

History has been on the Wings side. Is desire on their side though? Not from what I saw in game 6.

I will tell you that I am a concerned Wings fan. They slacked against the Ducks in game 6 and game 7 was tied up until a few minutes to go in the game. They slacked in game 6 here tonight. It just seems to me that the Wings are shaking their genitals openly at fate, and I am afraid that fate is going to kick them square in the balls. Fate being the Pens.

Do not be surprised to see the Pens skating around the Joe with the cup. A lucky bounce here, and a lucky bounce there and the cup could be theirs. The Wings better come out and play the best game of their lives on Saturday.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#1455 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (russianswede919293 @ June 9, 2009 - 11:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I can say the refs sucked tonight, Detroit should have scored on the 2 PP's when it was 2-1. That being said the game winner was on a play that should have been a hook on Pittsburgh which is why Lids couldn't clear it. I am still way to upset about tonights loss to be happy that I have a ticket to game 7. I wish they would have put this away tonight.

Not capitalizing on our chances and Pens capitalizing on theirs... Kind of hard to capitalize on anything with the piddlely amount of shot we generated in the first 2 periods. And if you are still too upset to get to game 7 on Friday I will be the good samaritan here and help you with them!

#1456 Wingman

Wingman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown0001 @ June 10, 2009 - 05:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First post in a GDT (other than making it) this Finals, as last year I didn't post in a GDT and the Red Wings won the Cup. But it's time to speak after another loss like that.

My thoughts from the game - First and absolutely foremost, the Red Wings lost because they simply did not show up to play this game, and that feeling is about 10 times more disappointing than if they had come play and lost in overtime. I don't think that it was a matter being outplayed by the Penguins, because we have all seen what the Red Wings can do when they want to. The passes were off, the forecheck was off, the shots were low quality, there was little hustle and passion, and far too much looking for a pretty play instead of simply crashing the net. I am extremely disappointed in Marian Hossa's play. There has to be an injury that we're not aware of, because I just don't buy that he's playing this lackluster in the Stanley Cup Finals with his reputation for his move last summer on the line.

Second, regardless of the outcome on Friday night, the Conn Smythe Trophy goes to Chris Osgood. The man played perhaps the best game of the playoffs thus far in my opinion; the score is easily 4 or 5 to 1 without his play. In my mind, he was the only player for Detroit who played like he had his heart set on raising the Stanley Cup tonight.

Third, I'm not one to complain about the officiating, but tonight was an absolute disgrace. Nobody in their right mind can say that it wasn't slanted towards Pittsburgh tonight. I defy any of the knowledgeable Penguins posters on this board to challenge that statement. It's no wonder why the NHL's ratings are lower with this bush league officiating. (And yes, the Red Wings have gotten away with a lot this series.) And I was a bit suprised, since I've always viewed Bill McCreary as one of the better referees in the league.

Game Seven can go either way. Hopefully, the home ice and the last change will work to the advantage of Detroit. Congrats to the Penguins for stretching this series up with a great game tonight. The Fleury saves on Zetterberg early and on Cleary at the end were the difference in my mind.

Well said thumbup.gif

They're an epic team, they are, but GOD are they frustrating to watch sometimes. Somebody find that on/off-switch they apparantly have somewhere and make sure it stops glitching from "on" and "off" back and forth they way it does now.
"I try to ask my wife because I not remember. I remember party but don't remember how I wake up at home."
~ Pavel Datsyuk, asked about the celebrations after winning the Cup

"I'd go through a brick wall for that guy. I'd run out in traffic for that guy. He's such a great, graceful, humble man."
~Aaron Downey, about Nick Lidstrom

#1457 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Magaro @ June 9, 2009 - 11:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is my second, and last, post on this lame forum.
I thought this was a Detroit Red Wings fan forum.
But what I found, after game 6, was a bunch of whiney, fair weather, hangers-on. Pathetic trash.
If all Wings fans were like you (well, most of you) dipwads, then we still wouldn't have won a Cup during my lifetime.
Adios, losers.

And I hope Hossa scores a hat trick Friday and I wish each and every one of you whiners could shove all three pucks up your a$$.

Tragic.

Why even bother posting this?

This post is basically someone upset because WINGS fans are being WINGS fans after a WINGS loss. What do you expect?

#1458 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

Soured.... Can't explain how much better it would've been to win tonight... in so many ways dry.gif

Edited by T-Ruff, 09 June 2009 - 10:28 PM.

#1459 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Nightfall @ June 9, 2009 - 10:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We didn't show up until near the end of the 2nd period. The Wings effort really disgusted me tonight. Three shots in the first period? Thats just sickening. At one point in time in the 2nd period it was 17-6 in shots. I mean come on, its just disgusting.

Mark my words, Game 7 is not going to be a cake walk. The Pens are outhustling the Wings and they want this series. Its going to be up to Detroit to deliver or watch the Pens skate around the Joe with the cup.

The LGW forum members and the fans should be pissed at the Wings. Not at the reffing, not at the league, not at one specific player or another, and not at the Pens.

Remember these stats?

Lastly, there have been 14 game 7s played in the finals, and the home team has won 12 of them.

History has been on the Wings side. Is desire on their side though? Not from what I saw in game 6.

I will tell you that I am a concerned Wings fan. They slacked against the Ducks in game 6 and game 7 was tied up until a few minutes to go in the game. They slacked in game 6 here tonight. It just seems to me that the Wings are shaking their genitals openly at fate, and I am afraid that fate is going to kick them square in the balls. Fate being the Pens.

Do not be surprised to see the Pens skating around the Joe with the cup. A lucky bounce here, and a lucky bounce there and the cup could be theirs. The Wings better come out and play the best game of their lives on Saturday.

Hmm....were you questioning the Pens desire after game 5?

#1460 Datsyukian Geek

Datsyukian Geek

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 971 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Nightfall @ June 10, 2009 - 12:26AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remember these stats?

Amen brother, A. Men.