• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Flintstone Cicarelli

My Strategy if I were Byslma

Rate this topic

Yes, your words are very tough on the internet. I will greatly enjoy the unfathomable sadness coming out of your arena tonight when Hossa is skating around with cup in it. I'll leave you to your thread, enjoy the game.

You sure sound pretty confident that the series is going to end tonight. Hope the Red Wings feel that way too.

Edit: Change of heart!

Pens are screwed with Dats healthy.

Zetterberg who is only one of the Selke duo got the team here to a 2-2 tie (with some help from his friends).

Now the reigning Selke winner and possible defender of that trophy is back.

Detroit's D just went from impressive to that is unfair!!

One of the best Two way forwards, one of the best puck handlers, one of the best assist men, one of the top players in the entire game of hockey just came back.

You may have two dynamic forwards of your own, but they were on the ice in games 1-4, Dats wasn't.

Should have taken one in the D before Pavel came back.

Worst case scenario Wings win in 7(my original pick, with no Dats it was going to be a home win series) now with Dats back and healthy, Game, Set, Match!

Edited by Opie

Honestly, BewareThePenguin has given me a bad impression from some of his posts, Flintstone hasn't done any trolling that I'm aware of. I apologize for derailing the thread.

Yeah, Anaheim and Chicago also had limited bouts of success with it -- but the Wings countered it with conservative, short and crisp first passes in their own zone, with a forward down low to help the D out.

I really think their best chance would be playing the trap. Hope Bylsma does not do it.

If they do, it'll be up to the Wings to recognize it and make sure they adjust accordingly before damage can be done. The Wings aren't a dump & chase team, but they'd need to press with two guys coming in strong if the Pens do resort to playing the trap.

I don't see the Penguins doing it, but I do think they'll try to be stronger on the forecheck then they were in Games 3 & 4 combined. As you said, the extra man down low is going to be key to moving the puck out of the zone.

You sure sound pretty confident that the series is going to end tonight. Hope the Red Wings feel that way too.

If the Pens lose their discipline in the same way they did on Saturday, then there's no reason for me not to be confident. If I were Byslma I would start by reminding the guys that.

If they do, it'll be up to the Wings to recognize it and make sure they adjust accordingly before damage can be done. The Wings aren't a dump & chase team, but they'd need to press with two guys coming in strong if the Pens do resort to playing the trap.

I don't see the Penguins doing it, but I do think they'll try to be stronger on the forecheck then they were in Games 3 & 4 combined. As you said, the extra man down low is going to be key to moving the puck out of the zone.

Datsyuk is probably the Red Wings best neutral zone player -- I just feel so much better knowing he is back.

If you don't care for it, there's a simple solution...don't read it or post in it. I happen to very much enjoy this type of discussion and telling a fan of another team to "do it on a Penguins forum" is ridiculous.

Great topic. I look forward to discussing it further.

Carrying on.

If you look back at game 6, the Pens had some very huge opportunities in the first 10 minutes of the game. Put one in and that game's whole tone changes. Not saying the Pens win the game, but it sure makes it a different story. That is what I see tonight. Create some activity, keep Ozzie on his heels, and punch one in early.

Edited by Flintstone Cicarelli

They just realize that they aren't going to win with Dive boy, cheapshot, crybaby as their leader. And that is no disrespect to the Penguins (honestly.) Crysby is not a leader, not with the way he handles himself. He is the exact opposite of leader. What would've happened if Steve Yzerman would've lead by that example in 1997 after Colorado pasted us 6-0 in game 5 that year in the WCF's? We may never know, but I doubt it would've been as good as just taking your lumps and coming back in game 6 and wrapping up the series like they did. Instead Crysby decides he's gonna cry and whine and slash and dive....

...talk about turning points in the series? Pens up 4-2 with 10 minutes to go game four. Maltby taps Cindy on the ankle (no harder than Cindy tapped Maltby after game one) and Cindy Louganis acts like he was shot in the head, leaps to the ice writhing in pain (never once reaching for his "hurt" ankle) and lies there for 20 or so seconds while Detroit takes free shots at Fluery. So HUGE of a crybaby dive fake, that even after Pens gain control of the puck, refs still doesn't blow the whistle to stop the play in order to protect the "hurt" player. Couple that play with his total diaper appearance in game 5, and that spells turning point of the series. IT also spells, Pens losers as long as Cindy is captain. Demote this pretender, that would be my strategy if I were Bylsma, you know he wishes he could. Scuderi or Orpik should be your Captain...

Datsyuk is probably the Red Wings best neutral zone player -- I just feel so much better knowing he is back.

In regards to carrying the puck, Dats is without a doubt the Wings' best neutral zone player. Obviously having him up and forcing the Pens to cover Z on top of Dats is carrying th puck is a problem for almost any team. On top of that, if Lids and Raf have time to set up and make that streaking pass through the neutrual zone the Wings will be in great shape.

Put one in and that game's whole tone changes.

Yeah and the Wings score shorthanded on the pp, then ensuing 5v5 they score again, then they get a penalty and score PP, Wings get a penalty call and with MAF out of the net Gonchar sends a bomb off of Ozzie's mask and into his own empty net behind at the other end of the ice. Ozzie never had control his goal and then the Wings score another shorthanded goal!

Ozzie auto Hof bid and the Wings win 72-1 (The wings skate off with 15 seconds to play).

Wow they game could have been a lot different if it didn't happen the way it did, very nice overstatement of the obvious!

The game could have gone different, but it didn't. That blame lies on the players on the ice.

If you are looking for solace look at Garon, no gaa, maybe Bylsma should start him?

They just realize that they aren't going to win with Dive boy, cheapshot, crybaby as their leader. And that is no disrespect to the Penguins (honestly.) Crysby is not a leader, not with the way he handles himself. He is the exact opposite of leader. What would've happened if Steve Yzerman would've lead by that example in 1997 after Colorado pasted us 6-0 in game 5 that year in the WCF's? We may never know, but I doubt it would've been as good as just taking your lumps and coming back in game 6 and wrapping up the series like they did. Instead Crysby decides he's gonna cry and whine and slash and dive....

...talk about turning points in the series? Pens up 4-2 with 10 minutes to go game four. Maltby taps Cindy on the ankle (no harder than Cindy tapped Maltby after game one) and Cindy Louganis acts like he was shot in the head, leaps to the ice writhing in pain (never once reaching for his "hurt" ankle) and lies there for 20 or so seconds while Detroit takes free shots at Fluery. So HUGE of a crybaby dive fake, that even after Pens gain control of the puck, refs still doesn't blow the whistle to stop the play in order to protect the "hurt" player. Couple that play with his total diaper appearance in game 5, and that spells turning point of the series. IT also spells, Pens losers as long as Cindy is captain. Demote this pretender, that would be my strategy if I were Bylsma, you know he wishes he could. Scuderi or Orpik should be your Captain...

and yet another spectacular contribution with not much to offer but colorful sid names and bashing. what a brilliant hockey mind you have :-)

Carrying on.

If you look back at game 6, the Pens had some very huge opportunities in the first 10 minutes of the game. Put one in and that game's whole tone changes. Not saying the Pens win the game, but it sure makes it a different story. That is what I see tonight. Create some activity, keep Ozzie on his heels, and punch one in early.

Obviously, you're referring to Game 5 since 6 is tonight but whether or not the Pens put one in early is moot. As much as people like to get into that dynamic the fact of the matter is Oz stood up to the test, and even had he let one in chances are it wasn't going to change much once the Wings started firing on all cylinders. Even if the its 1-1 heading into the locker room the Wings still had the PP to start the second, and absolutely regardless of how the game "might" have changed, the Pens were going to give up that second goal from Filppula regardless due to be being gassed and making that long second period line change. In your scenario, that play still puts the Wings ahead with all the momentum.

As for creating activity early and punching one in, every team (especially ones playing at home) look to accomplish that. It'll be how the Pens handle it if they don't get one in the first 10-15. One great thing about Babs (and I'm fairly confident Bylsma is the same way) is that its all about staying poised and waiting for your chances if things don't go the way every team wants to start every game.

Yeah and the Wings score shorthanded on the pp, then ensuing 5v5 they score again, then they get a penalty and score PP, Wings get a penalty call and with MAF out of the net Gonchar sends a bomb off of Ozzie's mask and into his own empty net behind at the other end of the ice. Ozzie never had control his goal and then the Wings score another shorthanded goal!

Ozzie auto Hof bid and the Wings win 72-1 (The wings skate off with 15 seconds to play).

Wow they game could have been a lot different if it didn't happen the way it did, very nice overstatement of the obvious!

The game could have gone different, but it didn't. That blame lies on the players on the ice.

If you are looking for solace look at Garon, no gaa, maybe Bylsma should start him?

What are you babbling about?

Do you have an opinion regarding tonight's strategy?

and yet another spectacular contribution with not much to offer but colorful sid names and bashing. what a brilliant hockey mind you have :-)

You do realize you and you Pens friends are on a Wings board full of Wing Fanatics that want nothing more than a win tonight, correct?

What do you expect, did you really expect to come over here and have every one offer you lemonade and cookies?

Seriously you are in enemy territory, thinking everything you say is going to be received with open arms is flat out foolish.

Especially when (not you I have seen your posts) most of the jackasses are similar to Beware the Penguin.

Crosby slashes Maltby in the line to congrat Ozzie says it was nothing in the media, then dives when Maltby barely touches him, then lays face first on the ice.

The only way that move could have been more career defining was if Malts scored right after it.

Back to your post, same rules apply for you that apply for us, don't like it ignore him!

I did for a long time!

Obviously, you're referring to Game 5 since 6 is tonight but whether or not the Pens put one in early is moot. As much as people like to get into that dynamic the fact of the matter is Oz stood up to the test, and even had he let one in, chances are the it wasn't going to change much once the Wings started firing on all cylinders. Even if the its 1-1 heading into the locker room the Wings still had the PP to start the second, and absolutely regardless of how the game "might" have changed, Pens were going to give up that second goal from Filppula regardless due to be being gassed and making that long second period line change. In your scenario, that play still puts the Wings ahead with all the momentum.

the Pens' bus was warming up once as soon as the Wings went up 3-0. 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 and there isn't the same frustration penalties and immature play, IMHO.

You do realize you and you Pens friends are on a Wings board full of Wing Fanatics that want nothing more than a win tonight, correct?

What do you expect, did you really expect to come over here and have every one offer you lemonade and cookies?

Seriously you are in enemy territory, thinking everything you say is going to be received with open arms is flat out foolish.

Especially when (not you I have seen your posts) most of the jackasses are similar to Beware the Penguin.

Crosby slashes Maltby in the line to congrat Ozzie says it was nothing in the media, then dives when Maltby barely touches him, then lays face first on the ice.

The only way that move could have been more career defining was if Malts scored right after it.

Back to your post, same rules apply for you that apply for us, don't like it ignore him!

I did for a long time!

So, the fact that this is a Wings board gives you the excuse to act like a **** and resort to the easy and tired "Crosby" pile-on?

I did for a long time!

i normally dont even respond to those. what i expect is hockey talk, and usually find it very easily here. just have to jibe back occasionally to the ones whose only argument is crosby........... their obsession is actually pretty funny

Edited by reggiedunlop

What are you babbling about?

Do you have an opinion regarding tonight's strategy or are you content to chew on that cock while the rest of us talk?

I am sorry my what if situation was the same type of statement as your

Put one in and that game's whole tone changes.

Your team lost 5-0, 5 to ******* absolutely nothing zero, they almost had to use negative kelvin to register the Pens score and you are telling me about what ifs.

I have an opinion, with a healthy Dats you are screwed unless you start Garon!

Now for your trollish behavior:

Eat a dick, don't come over to a competitors board and expect every one to pontificate on ways the Wings, you know the team we all root for that wasn't almost moved due to lack of Fan support a couple of years ago, could lose this series and then the cup.

These pens fans, Dunlop not you, are a bunch of, nevermind.

Question, when starting this post what in the hell went through your head:

I have an idea instead of posting a thought about how the Pens could win this game on the Pens board I will put it on the Wings board because then maybe I can haz cheezberger!!!!!

keys for pens in no particular order

get holmstrom out of fleury's face FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

get in ozzie's face.

find a freakin guy to carry the puck with speed thru the neutral zone

forecheck like they did against washington

MAF make a big save early in the game to get his mind right

Obviously stay out of the penalty box.

if they decide to dump and chase, they HAVE TO REMEMBER THE CHASE PART

Edited by reggiedunlop

keys for pens in no particular order

get holmstrom out of fleury's face FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

get in ozzie's face.

find a freakin guy to carry the puck with speed thru the neutral zone

forecheck like they did against washington

MAF make a big save early in the game to get his mind right

Obviously stay out of the penalty box.

if they decide to dump and chase, they HAVE TO REMEMBER THE CHASE PART

I would say some of the same apply to the Wings.

They have not looked particularly sharp in your building.

Since the Pens have no Homer-esque guy that one is out but;

The Wings need to get in MAF's Face

pass the puck through the Neutral zone Red Wings style

Forecheck like games 1-2-5

Get to MAF in a hurry

Dump and NAIL a guy, then chase for the Wings!