• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlakKy

Penguins' youngest player is their most mature.

Rate this topic

Jordan Staal is my favourite Penguin. Plays on the third line (would center a second line in most cities), kills penalties like a 30 year old Kris Draper, soft spoken, takes few penalties and is never involved in media bull s***. I'll be happy when the cap become too much for Pittsburgh to handle and Stall is the first star they have to let go.

I know it won't.. almost can't happen but I think that young man would look good in a Wings jersey.

Staal is UFA in the season of 2012/2013 same year as Crosby?

EDIT:

Are you talking about trading him? My bad if so!

Edited by Opie

Staal is UFA in the season of 2012/2013 same year as Crosby?

EDIT:

Are you talking about trading him? My bad if so!

If cap space became too much of a problem he will probably be the first to go and I mean if the Pens hang on to him until '13 Re-signing him could bea problem.

Some people in Pittsburgh (myself included) are actually down on Staal for being so inconsistent with his offensive production. I don't expect him to be as prolific a goal scorer as his brother Eric, especially playing on the 3rd line, but many people feel he needs to score more if he is ever going to be a top 2 line center. Having said that, I think he is already a good defensive player and I could see him fitting in with the Wings oddly enough.

Good thread, I like the kid. Like the whole family actually, Eric's one of the few non-Wings where I'd consider a jersey.

That regular season game at the Joe this year that they won in OT, he just took over late in the game in a way that his more celebrated teammates never really have against us. He's much too good to be a #3 C, which is all he'll be as long as he's teammates with Crosby and Malkin. Hopefully he eventually finds his way out of their shadow where he can become a star player.

I'm more of a fan of Matt Cooke.. but your right Jordan is probably the most Mature out of all of them.

Matt Cooke is a dirtbag.

Matt Cooke is a dirtbag.

Can't remember what year it was but he was the lowest rated NHL player in one of the EA games. A solid 50. lol.

As for Staal I've seen that he's been taking heat from guys like Pierre McGuire for being out produced by guys drafted lower than him. The guys he is talking about are Phil Kessel, Jonathan Toews and Nicklas Backstrom. This shouldn't be a shot at Staal. Backstrom for example plays beside Alexander Ovechkin. Thats almost guaranteed production.

Matt Cooke is a dirtbag.

Agreed about Cooke.

Staal seems like an understated player who gets a bad rap sometimes for his inconsistency. I think his quiet nature makes it easier to like him since I've gotten used to most of the Wings' players being generally quiet and humble.

I have noticed that he cheats on just about every faceoff attempt. Drives me nuts that Z gets kicked out of faceoffs frequently but haven't seen Staal kicked out very often.

I find it crazy that people can be so critical of a young kid who is basically a boy playing amoungst men. Give the kid a couple of years, not everybody is like Crosby or Yzerman, and able to dominate right away. Though us Wings fans have been spoiled with all the instant European hit's we've had.

Good thread, I like the kid. Like the whole family actually, Eric's one of the few non-Wings where I'd consider a jersey.

I don't think I would be able to buy a jersey of him just because it is a Penguins jersery. I will never be seen wearing one of those.

Guest Crymson
I know it won't.. almost can't happen but I think that young man would look good in a Wings jersey.

So would Ovechkin, etc.

I agree with jollymania that Staal is not really exceptional. He's big and he's pretty good defensively, but his offensive upside is limited.

Edited by Crymson

So would Ovechkin, etc.

I agree with jollymania that Staal is not really exceptional. He's big and he's pretty good defensively, but his offensive upside is limited.

I did say it can't happen when I fantasized about Stall wearing the winged wheel.

The fact that he is pretty good defensively, maintains himself well in pressure situations (game time and press time), and the way I see it he could definitely score 30 multiple times in his career while sporting a hot +/-.

These factors make him look like a Wing in a Pens jersey.

Edited by BlakKy

he is just riding on the success of his other brothers, hes a solid depth player nothing more, eric is the only ture superstar inthe family and mark is a decent lower end top 4 dman

Riding of his brothers success? I am pretty sure that is a ridiculous statement. I am pretty sure no NHL team will pay someone because of thier siblings.

If there is a team that will pay someone for someone else's accomplishments then let me get a paycheck for Datsyuk being so bad ass...

Riding of his brothers success? I am pretty sure that is a ridiculous statement. I am pretty sure no NHL team will pay someone because of thier siblings.

If there is a team that will pay someone for someone else's accomplishments then let me get a paycheck for Datsyuk being so bad ass...

he is getting overpaid, even pens fans will tell you that