• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mitchmac33

Barry on ESPN

Rate this topic

I turned the tv on and went to ESPN and Barry Melsrose comes on within five minutes. Wearing a gold and black tie, he and whoever was representing ESPN (some girl i've never seen before) were talkin ALL about pitt. what pitt has to do to win, how crummy they've been playin, how bad crosby has been. nothing about the wings d shutting them down or anything about the wings at all. They even brought up the fact that the wings are older and the penguins can wear them down. It's almost as if Detroit being up 3-2 is a fluke. it's soooo annoying. anyone else see it?

Oh and they said, "hopefully pitt doesn't like to lose and will win tonight." Not too descrete huh

Just trying to "sell" the game with what little coverage ESPN allows. I remember Melrose picking them in 6 again... don't sweat it. It's ESPN.

He gave his honest unbiased opinion. The reason he would like a game 7 is because he is a hockey fan, and any hockey fan (not of Detroit) would want a game 7 as well. He also said he does think that Detroit wins tonight. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Edit: I'm not sure what he said on T.V.. I just saw a clip on espn.com, and he actually commended Z and Pav on the work they have done on Crosby.

Edited by zata20

He gave his honest unbiased opinion. The reason he would like a game 7 is because he is a hockey fan, and any hockey fan (not of Detroit) would want a game 7 as well. He also said he does think that Detroit wins tonight. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Edit: I'm not sure what he said on T.V.. I just saw a clip on espn.com, and he actually commended Z and Pav on the work they have done on Crosby.

naw it didnt' show that on t.v. and i'm not too worried about it, just annoyed how everything is so pro penguins. even last year, "oh malkin had the flu" it wasn't the fact that detroit shut him down like they are crosby this year.

and you're right on the hockey fan tho, cuz whenever the wings aren't in it i always want it to go 7

Edited by Mitchmac33

Relax on his tie, he was not talking all about Pitt, he was talking about Dats and said how he thought Detroit would close it out.

Some people are so extra sensitive to anything negative about the Wings, relax.

I turned the tv on and went to ESPN and Barry Melsrose comes on within five minutes. Wearing a gold and black tie, he and whoever was representing ESPN (some girl i've never seen before) were talkin ALL about pitt. what pitt has to do to win, how crummy they've been playin, how bad crosby has been. nothing about the wings d shutting them down or anything about the wings at all. They even brought up the fact that the wings are older and the penguins can wear them down. It's almost as if Detroit being up 3-2 is a fluke. it's soooo annoying. anyone else see it?

Oh and they said, "hopefully pitt doesn't like to lose and will win tonight." Not too descrete huh

Barry's still pissed about coaching the Adirondack Red Wings and then being passed up for the head coach job by Scotty Bowman. He's always had a dislike for the Wings since then.

Barry's still pissed about coaching the Adirondack Red Wings and then being passed up for the head coach job by Scotty Bowman. He's always had a dislike for the Wings since then.

I really believe he is over that. He is now too concerned with hating Tampa Bay. Being passed up for the greatest coach of all time is alot different than being fired from an NHL team. That one will stick for a long long time!

I really believe he is over that. He is now too concerned with hating Tampa Bay. Being passed up for the greatest coach of all time is alot different than being fired from an NHL team. That one will stick for a long long time!

LOL good point. Bolts hate over Wings hate.

Guest Shoreline
lol Melrose has been bigging up the Wings for the hole post season, picking them to win the cup at the start. this posters an idiot. talka bout being selective.

This is actually how reactionary and selectively so many Wings fans here are.

Edited by Shoreline

Mr. Melrose's first season as Head Coach of Los Angeles was 1992–93, being with Adirondack the previous season.

Mr. Bowman's first season as Head Coach of Detroit was 1993–94, being with Pittsburgh the previous season.

If you were the head of the DRW then, with a choice of one of those two as your new Head Coach, who would you choose?

Mr. Melrose drove the first screw. Detroit drove the final one.

Everything I've read today says the Pens should take it tonight. Even the odds favor them. I guess we could have expected that. I hope someone in the Wings' organization is finding all this stuff that says they can't/shouldn't win tonight and pasting it all over their locker room.

Thing is, they knew they had to win the last one. Do they know they have to win this one too? That's when they play their best. But you all knew that. I'm just yappin' out of nerves. ;)

Im not surprised at all!! You think that was bad, did you see NHL on the FLY on the NHL Network? It was pretty bad and sum it all up one "expert" said the extra day off would actually hurt the Wings cause it would give them too much time off to think about it. Some of this is becoming a joke.

Im not surprised at all!! You think that was bad, did you see NHL on the FLY on the NHL Network? It was pretty bad and sum it all up one "expert" said the extra day off would actually hurt the Wings cause it would give them too much time off to think about it. Some of this is becoming a joke.

I watched that. What do you expect from a guy like Dave Reid? He played for the Av's & the Stars from '97-'01. I'm sure he freaking hates the Wings.

Wings in 6.

Edited by Yzerman#19